Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BroadBand Plus - is it ever going to work for 250 modem users ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=41110)

IanUK 10-01-2006 17:20

BroadBand Plus - is it ever going to work for 250 modem users ?

Its been over a month now, its still listed as a problem on the status page, is it ever going to be sorted ?

On my many calls to the NTL helpline over a different problem I had to listen to how wonderful its supposed to be and how we 10 meg users get it for free, well its been broken ever since I've had 10 meg.
Can it really be that difficult to register 250 modem users with the database, can't they hire a temp or someone who knows what they are doing to fix it ?

More rubbish service from NTL it seems, all I seem to get from them lately is apologies for nothing working right, and 'oh it will be fixed 'soon''

I really hope Virgin gets NTL and sorts this mess out :(

(and gets rid of the proxies at the same time !)

ah well, back to dreaming...

Paul 10-01-2006 17:22

Re: BroadBand Plus - is it ever going to work for 250 modem users ?

Virgin (I believe) use the ntl proxies, so don't expect them to high on the hit list.

As for BB+ - when I trialed it for 3 months there was nothing on it we were really interested in, so I'm not missing it atm.

Chrysalis 10-01-2006 17:44

Like paul said what bit are you missing ian as it really isnt anything special, there is one ok video site and the rest is way overhyped. Probably be more special after bbc iMP goes live and big brother is back.

IanUK 10-01-2006 17:47

I quite liked Freeloader and the pop video bit, I agree the rest isn't all that wonderful, but I'm more annoyed that I had it, upgraded and lost it, and NTL don't seem at all fussed to fix it, not very good customer service :(

I also wanted to try the free 15 pics developed bit, after xmas but it seems that isn't gonna happen either !

deadite66 10-01-2006 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanUK
I also wanted to try the free 15 pics developed bit, after xmas but it seems that isn't gonna happen either !

yeah you still have to pay postage. for only 15 prints they could stick them in an envelope on a 2nd class stamp.

cnewton2k 10-01-2006 18:11

well i have a NTL250 modem and i can acess BB+ fine

UncleBooBoo 10-01-2006 19:00

Same here I have the NTL250 modem and BB plus has always worked for me!

NTL must be spouting there bulls**t again!

hjf288 10-01-2006 19:29

Cant register here myself

chocky909 10-01-2006 20:18

Well, I'm registered but It will not let me enter most of the sites citing that I need to install the latest version of WMP which I already have got. It's been like this since it became free a few months back. Not that I miss it, especially as they got rid of the Big Brother feeds. But the principle of it annoys me.

IanUK 12-01-2006 17:15

It now says its been fixed today, but suprise surprise still doesn't work here, any other 250 owners now getting it ?

yorkiex 12-01-2006 17:48

works fine for me and ive got a 250

IanUK 12-01-2006 18:15

Its working now, I had to register again though, but at least it let me register this time !