Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   WCDMA/AUTO Issue (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33697922)

VMboy 12-06-2014 10:31

WCDMA/AUTO Issue

Any ideas as to what would cause intermittent audio loss when using the 3g? on either the GSM/WCDMA auto mode or WCDMA mode? if I use the GSM only mode audio loss isn't an issue, but this means that browsing out of Wi-Fi would be slower. The call normally remains connected but the audio from the call at the other end whether it be incoming or outgoing can be missing then come back then away again.

The issue can still occur even when I have three reception bars showing.

This has only really started recently afaik.

VMboy 17-06-2014 16:33

Re: WCDMA/AUTO Issue

If I have my phone set to either WCDMA/AUTO OR WCDMA only I am finding that intermittently I lose the audio for the call no matter whether it be incoming/outgoing or voicemail/recorded CS message as heard on 789. The call remains connected in the majority of occasions but the audio can just vanish then return and vanish again.

Phone been for repair and they said they found the fault and fixed it, however this appears to be a default worded letter that everyone seems to get and most say the same as I do in that their phone is found to not have been fixed.

I have yet to test this more when in a different location, but it really does seem to me that the problem lies when the phone is set to the higher speed for packet data in other words 3g, 2g is fine but obviously when outside and not on Wi-Fi I would need to keep changing it back to WCDMA/AUTO if I want high speed data when browsing the internet

Just curious if anyone with a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 phone that uses JellyBean 4.1.2 with the very latest firmware if they have had similar issues?

qasdfdsaq 18-06-2014 23:23

Nothing to do with the phone. This is a network fault

VMboy 19-06-2014 07:07

Thanks, wonder what fault they said they had found. Pity the repair centre hadn't told me this as I had detailed the issue as I've done here.

VMboy 24-06-2014 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35708059)
Nothing to do with the phone. This is a network fault

Is there anywhere this can be reported if it is a network fault?

Strange that they want my phone back again for a third time especially if it isn't anything to do with the phone itself

qasdfdsaq 26-06-2014 00:07

It's very difficult to get any big company to admit fault with these kinds of problems. Last time it was widespread consumers had to get Watchdog and BBC News involved.

If you want to prove it's not your phone... go get a different phone.

whenthecatsaway 27-06-2014 19:54

It can be reported to the network. But you'd need to try your SIM in another handset/replacement SIM first to rule out other things. Then 5 examples can be sent off to be investigated! :)

VMboy 27-06-2014 20:28

Already been sent a new sim, still same issues, hope to use a different phone using the same network this weekend.

Funny how these issues go away when out of my mast area which leads me to think its a reception problem.

whenthecatsaway 27-06-2014 20:37

Yeah, if you give all this to the tech team they *should* ask for 5 examples with time of casll etc and the mast can be pinpointed with the issue etc :)

VMboy 27-06-2014 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by whenthecatsaway (Post 35710340)
Yeah, if you give all this to the tech team they *should* ask for 5 examples with time of casll etc and the mast can be pinpointed with the issue etc :)

The tech team didn't want to read my last lot of comments, I hardly think they will be that interested.

What does time of casll mean?

whenthecatsaway 27-06-2014 21:04

Call* I'll PM you now!

qasdfdsaq 28-06-2014 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMboy (Post 35710338)
Funny how these issues go away when out of my mast area which leads me to think its a reception problem.

Very common problem on EE.