Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Virgin Media are Liars (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33666863)

Pinkrose 03-07-2010 16:13

Virgin Media are Liars

I am with virgin media broadband and telephone paying £46 a month from more than 2 years,my bills reach almost £200 every month.

Finally i decided to cancel and go for BT.I called CS on 11th June and the lady she insisted me to stay with VM and offered me upgrade from 20mb broadband to 50mb and plus she added 0845/0870 & International calls option on my landline and have to pay all together £58 which i agreed. On top she said £35installation + £20 activation charge which i said is too much,then she said ok she will knock down £35 installation charges and only pay £20 activation and you have 28 days to downgrade back to 20mb if you not satisfied with the service..

On 22nd June engineer had a visit,installed the modem and everything and did a speed test giving around 22mb,he said it will get normal to 50mb within a week which never happened.So i called back on 1st july to downgrade back to 20mb as i am not happy with the speed and she did it.

On 2nd july i checked my online billing and to my surprise i was charged £35 for installation. I called back customer service and asked why am i charged for installation as it was clearly said that it will knock down but no one agreed and said that you have to pay..So today i called them back again to cancel my services and will pay remaining balance,at first they said cancellation department is closed on weeekends which i knew its wrong so i called back again and spoke to the cancellation person and he said that you have to pay cancellation charge for the phone as you are in a contract for 11 months more.I said in clear that i havent accepted or signed any new or upgrade contract then how can u put me through a new contract without my knowledge.They said its in our system and thats the way we follow our system, so u have to pay £103 for cancellation plus £35 which was agreed before that ill not pay. I said to them check your recordings or give me any signed agreement but refused as they dont have the recordings its only for training purpose..

Now where do i stand.Why do i have to pay £103 for cancellation and £35 for installation + £20 for activation( where i never received 50mb) They keep saying to me that i have to pay. Is there a way to sort this problem as i cant be stressed for something that i havent accepted a contract nor i got 50mb speed..

zing_deleted 03-07-2010 17:11

Re: Virgin Media are Liars

I personally would not pay. I would call again and say there has not been an agreed contract. I would wait for them to say you have and then I would demand proof of such. See what they say as if they say its verbal say you want copies .Also make it clear that they are in breach of said verbal contract due to the fact they have not given you the discounts agreed upon.

So to prove to you you are in a contract would mean they would also have to prove their breach

In reality it depends on how good your credit rating is and if you are prepared to have a bad mark on it whilst you are in dispute with Virgin

Maggy 03-07-2010 20:34

Can anyone remind me what the actual cooling off period there is with a VM contract? :erm:

Peter_ 03-07-2010 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35050530)
Can anyone remind me what the actual cooling off period there is with a VM contract? :erm:

28 days.

secretmsg 04-07-2010 00:32

so in that case you can cancel your line

kwikbreaks 05-07-2010 11:07

If that £200pm is mostly calls then you really should be looking at VOIP or a service like 1899. I think even the VM call package is only ~ £7.95 for anytime UK. When I was on BT I used 1899 but swapped over to VOIP when I moved to VM as that worked out cheaper for me.

BenMcr 05-07-2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35050586)
28 days.

Actually it's depends. For most new contract agreements it's 7 working days as is set out in the Distance Selling Regulations

The 28 days is where a new service has been installed and normally only applies to that service

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

In regards to the OP situation, I would definately push for the call to be escalated which is your right as a customer.

Peter_ 05-07-2010 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35051309)
Actually it's depends. For most new contract agreements it's 7 working days as is set out in the Distance Selling Regulations

The 28 days is where a new service has been installed and normally only applies to that service

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

In regards to the OP situation, I would definately push for the call to be escalated which is your right as a customer.

Yes Ben you are right and I was waiting to see if you posted the correction, nice one.;)