Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Downgrade (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705354)

southlad 04-09-2017 16:33

Downgrade

Hi all,

On VM live chat I asked if I could downgrade my package.

Current...
Full House TV
Vivid 200
Phone M
£56pm (includes £20 loyalty discount)

New...
Mix TV
Vivid 100
Phone M
£35pm (includes £20 loyalty discount)

Two things I wanted to check...
I was told this would NOT start a new contract and I was also told all downgrades need 31 days notice so my new deal won't start until 4/10/17. Is this right?

I accepted the deal but have kept screenshots of the chat just in case.

Gavin-D 04-09-2017 16:56

Re: Downgrade

I was under the impression any changes to your package will lock you into a new minimum term ie 12 months

southlad 04-09-2017 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35915212)
I was under the impression any changes to your package will lock you into a new minimum term ie 12 months

So did I... that's why I made a screen shot of the chat.

Gavin-D 04-09-2017 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by southlad (Post 35915218)
So did I... that's why I made a screen shot of the chat.

If you go to My Virgin media >>>> my bills >>>> view bills you can view your contract online keep an eye on that page for any changes

southlad 04-09-2017 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35915220)
If you go to My Virgin media >>>> my bills >>>> view bills you can view your contract online keep an eye on that page for any changes

Thanks for your reply.

I checked this and it's wrong... according to this page my contract should end on the 7th Nov 2017. But I was given a deal in March this year meaning my contract actually ends on 3rd March 2018 and on VM chat the agent confirmed this end date will remain.

Kabaal 04-09-2017 18:40

A week or so ago they told me mine wouldn't trigger a new contract either but a few days later the contract changed to a new 12 month one starting the day i phoned.

As for them saying you need to give 30 days notice to downgrade that's not true either. She changed mine there and then, it also refunded the part month to my account.

r94yan 12-09-2017 11:29

Thoughts anyone on the below:

I have the VIP bundle; all sports, movies etc. +300MB Vivid BB. I have been wanting to remove the movies for a long time, they are just a waste for me. When i have tried in the past the monthly only goes down by a £1 or goes up if i remove it. i guess the way they package their deals.

Has anyone had any luck removing it and getting a more significant saving? Basically looking to try and offset the price of a Netflix subscription.

Note. I did just sign a new contract to start this month. so do not have much bargaining chips.

Ken W 12-09-2017 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by r94yan (Post 35916140)
Thoughts anyone on the below:

I have the VIP bundle; all sports, movies etc. +300MB Vivid BB. I have been wanting to remove the movies for a long time, they are just a waste for me. When i have tried in the past the monthly only goes down by a £1 or goes up if i remove it. i guess the way they package their deals.

Has anyone had any luck removing it and getting a more significant saving? Basically looking to try and offset the price of a Netflix subscription.

Note. I did just sign a new contract to start this month. so do not have much bargaining chips.

When I wanted to remove the TV package but keep BB and landline VM said it would more as I would loose discount which I did not know about.

Mad Max 12-09-2017 12:51

I received this email last week.....

Dear ...........

We would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us today.

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy and we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

Tom is currently not available to deal with your complaint personally; however we have passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries.

We look forward to discussing this matter with you in the future.

On behalf of Tom Mockridge.

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Following on from that email, I got a call from, I think, one of the executive team who apologised for the pretty poor service from Virgin, he offered me a further refund, it wasn't great btw, but it was better than nothing, and said if I call retentions back they would honour the original offer and get a date for installation, so I did this, I called retentions, and guess what, they could not offer me the original deal that I was offered on the 28th August, the sticking point was the deal would only be offered to me for nine months when it would then increase, this is unbelievably bad from Virgin as my original offer was for twelve months, so I have sent another email to the executive team explaining what has happened, but in all honestly the whole saga is a complete farce, and it's really bad service from Virgin, I am now at the stage of giving up and moving to Sky!

r94yan 12-09-2017 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35916151)
I received this email last week.....

Dear ...........

We would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us today.

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy and we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

Tom is currently not available to deal with your complaint personally; however we have passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries.

We look forward to discussing this matter with you in the future.

On behalf of Tom Mockridge.

Following on from that email, I got a call from, I think, one of the executive team who apologised for the pretty poor service from Virgin, he offered me a further refund, it wasn't great btw, but it was better than nothing, and said if I call retentions back they would honour the original offer and get a date for installation, so I did this, I called retentions, and guess what, they could not offer me the original deal that I was offered on the 28th August, the sticking point was the deal would only be offered to me for nine months when it would then increase, this is unbelievably bad from Virgin as my original offer was for twelve months, so I have sent another email to the executive team explaining what has happened, but in all honestly the whole saga is a complete farce, and it's really bad service from Virgin, I am now at the stage of giving up and moving to Sky!

Hey - from what i understand, their promotion offers only run for 9 months, at that time you are advised to call up and negotiate a new deal. - Rinse and Repeat. I started on £150 ish PM down to £113 PM. With nothing changing, just better boxes and a new Superhub(Not that i use as a router)

pip08456 12-09-2017 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35916151)

Why would you expect a deal that was offered and turned down to still be available?

Mad Max 12-09-2017 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35916154)
Why would you expect a deal that was offered and turned down to still be available?

I never turned it down, I had an engineer visit arranged for 4th September, but he never turned up, sorry for not posting the whole story, so I emailed the CEO office to complain, they phoned me yesterday and apologised and asked me to phone retentions back if I still wanted to go ahead, which I did, but when I phoned they would not honour the deal that was offered to me on 28Th August, which was for 12 months, not 9...

pip08456 12-09-2017 14:12

If you didn't turn it down then you mustn't have took up the offer. Same difference I would think.

If it wasn't offered then you wouldn't have knowledge of it. It may have been a limited time offer.

Mad Max 12-09-2017 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35916169)
If you didn't turn it down then you mustn't have took up the offer. Same difference I would think.

If it wasn't offered then you wouldn't have knowledge of it. It may have been a limited time offer.

I think I made myself clear when I said I had an engineer arranged to complete the install, do you think I wouldn't have known what was offered to me, and just accepted a date and time for installation, without knowing what I was offered?

pip08456 12-09-2017 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35916184)
I think I made myself clear when I said I had an engineer arranged to complete the install, do you think I wouldn't have known what was offered to me, and just accepted a date and time for installation, without knowing what I was offered?

Not surprising when you didn't post that. The only reference to an engineer was that one was supposed to attend on the 4th Sept. not that is was for an install.

So, let's be clear now.

You made a deal for the installation of VM and it hasn't happened? Is that correct?