Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : The Originals (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694893)

tizmeinnit 30-08-2013 13:32

The Originals

Airs in the US 03/10 first episode is available from the main site but you need a VPN. I like the look of it

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-originals

cimt 30-08-2013 13:57

Re: The Originals

When you say pilot do you mean the backdoor pilot? I noticed it's a directors cut so I may have to watch it. I'd like to see the first proper episode though because I know it's the same story but told from Elijah's perspective.

Kabaal 30-08-2013 14:03

Yeah it's just the episode from TVD that introduced the spin off, they added a few scenes to it for comicon but that's about it.

tizmeinnit 30-08-2013 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35616491)
When you say pilot do you mean the backdoor pilot? I noticed it's a directors cut so I may have to watch it. I'd like to see the first proper episode though because I know it's the same story but told from Elijah's perspective.

It had it on that site when I first looked a good while ago, I thought it was the first ep seemed like it was to me dunno

looked again its the directors cut pilot you mentioned . I did not know anything else about the show so just took it as a episode.

Paul 22-07-2016 22:27

Season 4 will not be starting until after the new year, in 2017.

It looks like there may be a time jump in the series as well (the vampire diaries did that last season, jumping 3 years).

Apparently they have been advertising for a girl aged 6 to 9, to play Hope.

Paul 18-11-2016 03:22

Season 4 is now set to start in March, taking up the Vampire Diaries slot after its final Episode.
They havent said its the final Originals series, but it feels like the franchise is being wound up.

Kabaal 18-11-2016 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35850736)
Season 4 will not be starting until after the new year, in 2017.

It looks like there may be a time jump in the series as well (the vampire diaries did that last season, jumping 3 years).

Apparently they have been advertising for a girl aged 6 to 9, to play Hope.

As is usually the case when a special kid is born in these types of show, time jump or grow faster than bamboo :)

General Maximus 18-11-2016 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35870202)
They havent said its the final Originals series, but it feels like the franchise is being wound up.

I would be seriously offended if I was one of the main cast for the series. You work your ass off trying to make it is as good as possible only to be told that the show can't survive on its own and relies on other one to prop it up.

Paul 23-07-2017 15:19

Season 5 was confirmed, and will also be the final season.

weenie 23-07-2017 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35908902)
Season 5 was confirmed, and will also be the final season.

Love this show :(

General Maximus 23-07-2017 20:54

It is alright, I can take it or leave it. I used to watch TVD religiously every week and was emotionally invested in every character and cared about what happened to them. For the last two seasons of The Originals I haven't bothered watching them until summer when everything has wrapped up and class it as one of my summer catch up series like Scorpion. The only character I take an interest in tbh is Elijah, the rest of them are too boring and repetitious for me and I feel like I could act each scene for them without even having to know what it is about.

Paul 23-07-2017 23:04

Caroline will appear in the first Episode of Season 5 (not really surprising as its likely set at the school).

Mick 07-08-2017 19:33

Watched all 13 episodes this weekend of Season 4 on Netflix. Cannot wait for Season 5. ;)

General Maximus 08-03-2018 11:15

Quote:

Matt Davis and Danielle Rose Russell aren’t leaving The CW just yet. Deadline reports the two will star in the network’s possible spinoff of The Originals.
As reported earlier, The CW is developing a spinoff to the supernatural drama, which begins its fifth and final season on April 20th at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

According to Deadline, the Originals spinoff will center on a teenage Hope Mikaelson (Danielle Rose Russell) and star Matt Davis will reprise his role as Alaric Saltzman alongside newcomers Aria Shahghasemi, Quincy Fouse, Jenny Boyd, and Kaylee Bryant.

If picked up by The CW, the spinoff will air during the 2018-2019 season.

Paul 08-03-2018 17:50

Interesting, I havent seen any more news on that for a while now, not that Ive been actively looking for it.