Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : sky sports red button (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686074)

andrew.shearman 04-03-2012 22:52

sky sports red button

why is there nothing on the red button most of the time

Stephen 04-03-2012 22:57

Re: sky sports red button

Well there has to be sport on in order to have something to broadcast!

Wicked_and_Crazy 05-03-2012 11:05

Quote:

Sky Sports Red Button (interactive) services are fully available for Virgin TV Sky Sports customers with a V+HD, VHD or V box and are currently being rolled out on TiVo boxes.
Just found the above on the VM webv site. What a complete lie. THere are hardly any sprots event that it works on!! Ford Super Sunday has red button on Sky but doesnt appear to on VM

Digital Fanatic 05-03-2012 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy (Post 35393154)
Just found the above on the VM webv site. What a complete lie. THere are hardly any sprots event that it works on!! Ford Super Sunday has red button on Sky but doesnt appear to on VM

what match was on that VM didn't carry?

Wicked_and_Crazy 05-03-2012 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35393172)
what match was on that VM didn't carry?

Watched the Spurs Manu game yesterday and there was no red button on either my V+ or VHD boxes

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Just called faults and was told vm don't support the red button and sky sports on v+, vhd or v box anymore

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Can see Match Choice red button on the current programme and neither my V+ or VHD boxes respond to pressing the red button

Digital Fanatic 05-03-2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy (Post 35393211)
Watched the Spurs Manu game yesterday and there was no red button on either my V+ or VHD boxes

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Just called faults and was told vm don't support the red button and sky sports on v+, vhd or v box anymore

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Can see Match Choice red button on the current programme and neither my V+ or VHD boxes respond to pressing the red button

what was behind the Red Button though?

Red Button on VM

are you having problems with any other interactive/red button service?

Wicked_and_Crazy 05-03-2012 13:21

nope, all other interactive services are working.

Not sure what you mean "what was behind the red button" it was supposed to be match choice when i saw is today, on Sunday it never existed

Digital Fanatic 05-03-2012 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy (Post 35393290)
nope, all other interactive services are working.

Not sure what you mean "what was behind the red button" it was supposed to be match choice when i saw is today, on Sunday it never existed

There is no interactive coverage today according to the schedule? What time did you check it yesterday?

Wicked_and_Crazy 05-03-2012 15:08

Yesterday was 6pm during Ford super sunday (no red button was shown)

Today at about 12:15 on SS1 there was a red button labelled "match choice" which didnt work on either my VHD or V+ boxes

andrew.shearman 05-03-2012 15:14

When I pressed the red button for ford super sunday it did not work then for match choice on satuday night it worked ok whan I press it for full screen it freezes up hope the rad button on sky sports works better for the champion's leauge

Andrew

Digital Fanatic 05-03-2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy (Post 35393351)

Today at about 12:15 on SS1 there was a red button labelled "match choice" which didnt work on either my VHD or V+ boxes

the schedule says there wasn't red button available last night or today though, so not sure why you saw a "match choice" option?? :confused:

the next red button event is as follows:

Quote:

Champions League - Last 16: 6th March, 7.30pm (Sky Sports 4 only)

Wicked_and_Crazy 05-03-2012 23:15

Had to reboot stb to get rid of match choice button. It was even appearing when playing a bbc2 recorded programme!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35393399)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy (Post 35393351)

the schedule says there wasn't red button available last night or today though, so not sure why you saw a "match choice" option?? :confused:

the next red button event is as follows:

Quote:

Champions League - Last 16: 6th March, 7.30pm (Sky Sports 4 only)

My point us that the vm website states that "sky sports red button services are fully available....." which is clearly not true

Digital Fanatic 05-03-2012 23:53

ok... I was just trying to help you.

Wicked_and_Crazy 06-03-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35393643)
ok... I was just trying to help you.

i know, wasnt meaning to be offensive :angel:

Digital Fanatic 06-03-2012 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy (Post 35393698)
i know, wasnt meaning to be offensive :angel:

no probs :tu: