Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Different TV remotes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712501)

Itshim 18-02-2024 20:52

Different TV remotes

Have two LG tvs and a Samsung. The LG remotes works any were in the room and in one case the next room . All tvs are under 6 months old and are"smart" the Samsung has to be in direct line and not to far from the TV as well. Have changed the batteries, so not that.is this the norm for Samsung or was it bad luck that get this tv:confused:

SnoopZ 18-02-2024 21:52

Re: Different TV remotes

My last 2 Samsung TVs have never had an issue with the remote not working if pointed in the opposite direction as far as I remember, my new QN95C certainly doesn't with the 2 remotes that came with it.

Jaymoss 18-02-2024 21:59

I do not think I have ever needed to use a TV remote anywhere I can not point it straight at the TV

Paul 19-02-2024 00:40

Why would you not point the remote at the TV you're trying to Control. :confused:

Itshim 19-02-2024 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36170441)
Why would you not point the remote at the TV you're trying to Control. :confused:

When using as TV Virgin no problem, but others are used mostly to stream, to answer your point,
Radio , sound apps etc .. the point I was asking for is this. My LG s work from 30 feet away, and from behind anything in the room ,the Samsung I have to be( and I have just checked) within 4 feet and only works if pointed directly at it and then towards the base . Looking to replace my only nonsmart TV, if this is the norm for Samsung will discount it as a brand

SnoopZ 19-02-2024 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36170453)
When using as TV Virgin no problem, but others are used mostly to stream, to answer your point,
Radio , sound apps etc .. the point I was asking for is this. My LG s work from 30 feet away, and from behind anything in the room ,the Samsung I have to be( and I have just checked) within 4 feet and only works if pointed directly at it and then towards the base . Looking to replace my only nonsmart TV, if this is the norm for Samsung will discount it as a brand

It's not the norm with a modern Samsung, if yours is a non smart it's probably really old and basic so that's your problem, things have changed alot my Samsung TV came with 2 remotes and 1 is even solar powered.

Itshim 19-02-2024 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36170468)
It's not the norm with a modern Samsung, if yours is a non smart it's probably really old and basic so that's your problem, things have changed alot my Samsung TV came with 2 remotes and 1 is even solar powered.

It is not the non smart one . That is the one I am looking at to replace, as stated the Samsung is less than 6 months old and a smart TV. The one to go is in my bedroom and is just working on free view. (All for one, ariel sits in the window,!) Looking to use this one for streaming, my main way of viewing (won't rent more virgin boxes) , as it would be some 20 feet from the head of my bed a non working remote ( ie over 4 feet) is not much use :shocked:

Mr K 19-02-2024 19:09

They really need to invent a remote to be implanted in your cerebral cortex. Not just for the TV, but for everything in life. I'm sure that Elon bloke is working on it.

Itshim 19-02-2024 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36170527)
They really need to invent a remote to be implanted in your cerebral cortex. Not just for the TV, but for everything in life. I'm sure that Elon bloke is working on it.

Are you really this obnoxious in real life ( assuming you actually have one) :erm:

Mr K 19-02-2024 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36170529)
Are you really this obnoxious in real life ( assuming you actually have one) :erm:

I'm lovely and you know it ;)

Stephen 19-02-2024 19:24

My 3yr old Samsung Q80T had two remotes with it. A standard one and the Samsung smart one.

The regular uses standard infrared so needs to be pointed at the TV. The smaller smart one is connect via Bluetooth and doesn't need line of sight with the TV. It will also control my Sjy Q but that needs to be pointed at the box as it uses infrared for that function.

Itshim 19-02-2024 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36170535)
My 3yr old Samsung Q80T had two remotes with it. A standard one and the Samsung smart one.

The regular uses standard infrared so needs to be pointed at the TV. The smaller smart one is connect via Bluetooth and doesn't need line of sight with the TV. It will also control my Sjy Q but that needs to be pointed at the box as it uses infrared for that function.

Guess it's a dud one, if I decide on Samsung will need to check in store :D

Stephen 19-02-2024 21:55

This is an example of the Samsung smart remote you get with some of the higher end TVs now as well as the normal standard one you get with all Samsung TVs.

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/remote-...g+smart+remote

SnoopZ 19-02-2024 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36170524)
It is not the non smart one . That is the one I am looking at to replace, as stated the Samsung is less than 6 months old and a smart TV. The one to go is in my bedroom and is just working on free view. (All for one, ariel sits in the window,!) Looking to use this one for streaming, my main way of viewing (won't rent more virgin boxes) , as it would be some 20 feet from the head of my bed a non working remote ( ie over 4 feet) is not much use :shocked:

If you're just using it for streaming then you could use a Firestick and it's remote as I never use my Samsung remote in the bedroom.

Maybe your Samsung remote is faulty, do you know anyone with a Samsung and could you try their remote to see if it works?

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36170557)
This is an example of the Samsung smart remote you get with some of the higher end TVs now as well as the normal standard one you get with all Samsung TVs.

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/remote-...g+smart+remote

Love this remote, it's perfect for what I use the TV for.

Stephen 19-02-2024 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36170565)
If you're just using it for streaming then you could use a Firestick and it's remote as I never use my Samsung remote in the bedroom.

Maybe your Samsung remote is faulty, do you know anyone with a Samsung and could you try their remote to see if it works?

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Love this remote, it's perfect for what I use the TV for.

have the older model with my 2021 model Q80T. Got a slight curve to it and no solar panel. That came the year after and it was flatter and thinner too.

This is mine
https://www.partmaster.co.uk/bn59-01...g+smart+remote