Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ryanair Censured (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686131)

Alan Fry 08-03-2012 23:05

Re: Ryanair Censured

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35396012)
Alan, you are indeed right, they are not the biggest airline in the world but they sure have a hell of a presence at airports accross Europe.

If their service was truly that bad, they would not have flights that are nearly always full, routes that are expanding, and be making money which they obviously are.

That's because they are cheap

Sirius 09-03-2012 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35395979)
but honestly, who believes they can get somewhere for 99p?

Then why are they allowed to advertise flights for 99p if in all honesty you cannot get them. ??

Reminds me of this every time the Ryanair scam comes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc

denphone 09-03-2012 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35396019)
That's because they are cheap

Cheap to start with but full of hidden nasty costs and a idiot of a owner.

Alan Fry 09-03-2012 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35396104)
Cheap to start with but full of hidden nasty costs and a idiot of a owner.

Yes, they are poor value for money

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35396140)
Doesn't stop people flying with them. I mean if everybody thought that everytime they flew with them that they were somehow ripped off why are the planes full?

I agree that the costs of a flight should be much clearer especially all the extras that some airlines still provide as standard are chargable but that's a fact of life. It applies in all service sectors: Just look at all VM's little extras that aren't in the headline prices for example.

Would that I could be that "idiotic" :rolleyes: He might well be an idiot be he's no fool.

*Wiki

Yes, but they are driving down standards of service on airlines and they ar e poor value for money because they have a lot of extra charges

Alan Fry 09-03-2012 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35396223)
If I want to pay for a Rolls Royce service then I'll go with an expensive all-in airline. If I want a mini and then pay extra for a wooden dash then Ryan air or similar budget airline. If so called service levels fall then that's what the travelling public actually want, otherwise they wouldn't fly with them.

It's called marketing.

Anyhow what I call service, which is getting through the airport hurdles as quickly as possible, is the same irrespective of how much you've paid for the ticket unless you're a rich VIP, and we know how much you hate them. Not the presence, or absence, of a plastic wrapped, plastic meal that's been blasted from cold in a microwave down the back.

Yes, but the trouble is that they are driving down standards for all airlines, even for customers who prefer a better service. So I fell government should force airlines to provide a better service. And I case you were wondering, there is no way I cannot afford a private jet, unlike this guy

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/03/82.jpg

Maggy 09-03-2012 13:45

I doubt any of the airline owners would fly on their package holiday planes.;)

Alan Fry 09-03-2012 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35396332)
I doubt any of the airline owners would fly on their package holiday planes.;)

Don't they have corporate jets like this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulfstream_G550

Halcyon 10-03-2012 09:58

Alan, if we all had the same standard and high class flying then you would only be reaching a very small target audience, espeically in these recession times.

It makes business sense to appeal to the majority of the market.
Not everyone wants a 3 course meal on a one hour flight.
You will also find that the big airlines such as Air France only give you a sandwhich on a short haul flight.
As long as it is regulated as all airlines are in the Uk, same security and safety procedures are followed then as long as you get from A to B that is what matters.

When you get on a bus or a taxi in town you dont want your seat to be leather padded, champagne on tap, and complimentary travel bag do you.
It is simply a means from one place to another and everyone is entitled to travel in economy or if you want to spruce up and spend mega money on a sleeper Cabin with Champagne. It doesnt make the airline any worse than another just because they offer different comfort.

Alan Fry 10-03-2012 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35396862)
Alan, if we all had the same standard and high class flying then you would only be reaching a very small target audience, espeically in these recession times.

You will also find that the big airlines such as Air France only give you a sandwhich on a short haul flight.
As long as it is regulated as all airlines are in the Uk, same security and safety procedures are followed then as long as you get from A to B that is what matters.

When you get on a bus or a taxi in town you dont want your seat to be leather padded, champagne on tap, and complimentary travel bag do you.
It is simply a means from one place to another and everyone is entitled to travel in economy or if you want to spruce up and spend mega money on a sleeper Cabin with Champagne. It doesnt make the airline any worse than another just because they offer different comfort.

If you cannot afford to fly, then other are other means, who wouldn’t want a 3 course meal, a leather padded seat, champagne on tap and complementary travel bag each time you take the plane and train. An airline is judged, by comfort, security, safety and convenience.

In that criteria, Ryanair and other budget airlines fail overall with flying colours, not helped by the fact they are driving down the standards of even non-budget airlines

P.S. If you still want to fly, but cannot afford it, join a union and demand higher wages from your employeer

Sirius 10-03-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35396934)

P.S. If you still want to fly, but cannot afford it, join a union and demand higher wages from your employeer

What a complete load of Bull Excreta

Stuart 10-03-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35396934)

Do not deviate from the topic.

Alan Fry 12-03-2012 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35397137)
Do not deviate from the topic.

I said it because i want Ryanair to shut down

Tim Deegan 12-03-2012 12:44

This thread seems to be going round in the same circles that the super airport thread did. And discussing the same things. :rolleyes:

Sirius 12-03-2012 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35397923)
This thread seems to be going round in the same circles that the super airport thread did. And discussing the same things. :rolleyes:

Did you expect anything different :LOL:

danielf 12-03-2012 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35396862)

BA don't serve any food on short-haul flights anymore, as my wife found out a while ago. She had two connecting flights and the first one had a problem so they spent a couple of hours on the tarmac. Eventually they left, and she had to rush to get her connecting flight. No food on either flight, not even to purchase, so my wife basically went without food for 5 hours, except for a couple of grapes left over from a stewardess's meal. Imagine being a diabetic in that situation. I'm inclined to agree that standards are dropping to appalling levels, at least where BA is concerned, and the low cost airlines do seem to be a driving factor.