Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

heero_yuy 16-11-2014 14:14

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35741379)
Put roast in oven, hour later only fan working in oven no heat, only a small top oven working.

But we can't shop for a new one as my mum is about to go in to hospital and recovery is 2 to 6 weeks.

Just what we really need.

Almost bound to be the element has failed. Spares are readily available and it's quite easy to replace them. £20 to £30 for the part.

I've had to do our fan oven several times even though it's built in it's only retained by a few wood screws. Then it can be pulled forwards to access the electrical connections at the back.

Russ 16-11-2014 14:33

1 Attachment(s)
This is what gets my goat.

To most fans, a wrestling show is a wrestling show and most of the time the kids don't mind but when you're involved with the business and certain things happen, such as some tin-pot promotion puts on a bad show with poorly trained workers and thereby kills the town so that no other promotion can run there for years, it's extremely frustrating.

I'm of the belief that pro-wrestlers need to look larger than life and somewhat intimidating so that the crowd will think that although it's all a show, maybe it's not a good idea to annoy the bad guy too much *just in case*.

So when I see a poster like the one below it really gets on my nerves. Skinny teenagers do not look intimidating. If I was a betting man I'd put a tenner on none of them being safe and properly trained workers. Wearing sunglasses indoors does not make you look 'cool' unless you're The Rock (and they aren't). And Lord alone knows what sort of impression they're making on parents with the kid in red at the front who looks like he should be doing that in private (check his left arm).

Seriously this sort of rubbish is killing the industry.

nashville 16-11-2014 15:26

Not good news about your dinner, Hope your Mum improves,

Stop It 17-11-2014 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35741386)
This is what gets my goat.

To most fans, a wrestling show is a wrestling show and most of the time the kids don't mind but when you're involved with the business and certain things happen, such as some tin-pot promotion puts on a bad show with poorly trained workers and thereby kills the town so that no other promotion can run there for years, it's extremely frustrating.

I'm of the belief that pro-wrestlers need to look larger than life and somewhat intimidating so that the crowd will think that although it's all a show, maybe it's not a good idea to annoy the bad guy too much *just in case*.

So when I see a poster like the one below it really gets on my nerves. Skinny teenagers do not look intimidating. If I was a betting man I'd put a tenner on none of them being safe and properly trained workers. Wearing sunglasses indoors does not make you look 'cool' unless you're The Rock (and they aren't). And Lord alone knows what sort of impression they're making on parents with the kid in red at the front who looks like he should be doing that in private (check his left arm).

Seriously this sort of rubbish is killing the industry.

Oh dear god.

Aside from the fact that as you say, most of these guys look about as intimidating as the local group of teenagers hanging round the bus station, that poster is probably one of the worst production wise I have ever seen.

What was it made in, Paint?

thenry 17-11-2014 13:12

Get me out of here :(

papa smurf 17-11-2014 19:15

skinny blokes playing darts don't they know its a fat blokes sport , a dart player should be intimidating well ard and able to down 40 pints a day ,wearing a darts shirt does not make skinny blokes look cool unless they are Phil the power Taylor which they are not cos they aint fat enough ,lard knows what kind of impression they have on parents its killing the sport i tell you .

Hom3r 17-11-2014 22:06

A friend posted a comment on the Marilyn Manson 2015 US Tour page.

She posted this comment: London please Thanks!!!

Some comment this.

IDIOT1: London is UK you BUMjab

Friend: erm....yes i am aware........i am just stating i would like him to come to London. no need to be ****ing rude to me on my own status...THANKS!!!!!

IDIOT1: It's a US tour you BUM pouch

Friend: I DO KNOW THIS....I CAN READ....

IDIOT1: So why do you think they'd play London on a U.S. tour?

Friend: I am stating that i would like for him to come to the UK and do a LONDON gig AFTER he has done his US TOUR....

Friend: Are you so thick as POO not to understand that is what i was trying to say in the first place??? No because you think you are so MR BIG MAN and wanted to try your new insults....GROW THE HELL UP

IDIOT1: Well then you worded it wrong. You should have said 'hopefully he plays London after he does his U.S. Tour............

Friend: I didn't word anything wrong. If you really knew me, then you would know that is how I would speak normally...

UK1: When she says the word "Please" she's requesting that Marilyn comes to London, she hasn't worded anything wrong, don't be an illiterate dickface.

Me: She like me is speaking the "Queens English" and in both being English know how to speak it, do the MATHS.

Note I said MATHS and NOT the wrong word you use called MATH.

heero_yuy 18-11-2014 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35741613)
skinny blokes playing darts don't they know its a fat blokes sport , a dart player should be intimidating well ard and able to down 40 pints a day ,wearing a darts shirt does not make skinny blokes look cool unless they are Phil the power Taylor which they are not cos they aint fat enough ,lard knows what kind of impression they have on parents its killing the sport i tell you .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o

nashville 18-11-2014 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35741546)
Get me out of here :(

Not been here for a while How are you keeping now, ;)

ThunderPants73 18-11-2014 17:34

Vet bills. Pet insurance costs. 300 quid + to get my little kittlin's teggies pulled. 45 quid for an antibiotic injection alone. Ouch.....

heero_yuy 18-11-2014 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35741737)
Vet bills. Pet insurance costs. 300 quid + to get my little kittlin's teggies pulled. 45 quid for an antibiotic injection alone. Ouch.....

Ouch indeed. We're suffering bill collision too: Gas, lecky, AA, car insurance, BT, virgin, council tax.... It just goes on and on.:(

dilli-theclaw 18-11-2014 17:50

Patient transport.... Who seem to have forgotten I switched to a wheelchair and are trying to pick me up in a car instead of an ambulance. This is all to do with the new "Epic" computer system at addenbrooks.

denphone 18-11-2014 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35741738)
Ouch indeed. We're suffering bill collision too: Gas, lecky, AA, car insurance, BT, virgin, council tax.... It just goes on and on.:(

Yes the bills certainly seem to be rolling through our letterbox lately as well.:(

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35741739)
Patient transport.... Who seem to have forgotten I switched to a wheelchair and are trying to pick me up in a car instead of an ambulance. This is all to do with the new "Epic" computer system at addenbrooks.

Yes my partner is arranging my transport later this week for London and one suspects it will not run smoothly as usual.

ThunderPants73 19-11-2014 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35741738)

No bill collision here. I don't HAVE pet insurance as it costs a bomb, so only the one bill - of 300 quid +.
:(

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35741493)
Oh dear god.

Aside from the fact that as you say, most of these guys look about as intimidating as the local group of teenagers hanging round the bus station, that poster is probably one of the worst production wise I have ever seen.

What was it made in, Paint?

I would find a group of teenagers hanging around a bus station far more intimidating than this bunch of skinny articles. Paint would have produced a much better poster, this looks like it was literally cut and paste. With a pair of scissors and some glue, and they're encouraging people to SHARE it?

Hom3r 19-11-2014 16:14

The company I work for is so crap, I'm sure they would expect you to personally phone in every 2 day when sick, even if you were in hospital in a coma.

dilli-theclaw 20-11-2014 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35741744)
Yes the bills certainly seem to be rolling through our letterbox lately as well.:(

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Yes my partner is arranging my transport later this week for London and one suspects it will not run smoothly as usual.

So they couldn't sort it out for yesterday - and rebooked it for this morning on an ambulance.

They have just phoned to tell me there's been a 'mix up' and don't know if they can come today or not.

denphone 20-11-2014 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35742085)
So they couldn't sort it out for yesterday - and rebooked it for this morning on an ambulance.

They have just phoned to tell me there's been a 'mix up' and don't know if they can come today or not.

Nothing surprises me dilli with patient transport now sadly and l do hope they turn up to to take you to hospital today.

heero_yuy 20-11-2014 10:11

Paperwork!

Got to get the company accounts in order today so the accountant can get the return done. Trawling through piles of paper to get each months invoices and payments in order. Should have done it ages ago.

Trying to find an invoice in March 2013 for printed circuit boards. Seems to have vanished. :mad: Got the bill but no supporting paper. It'll be here - somewhere.

joglynne 20-11-2014 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35742085)

What a bunch of muppets. I hope things have now been sorted and you are on your way to your appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35742090)
Paperwork!

Got to get the company accounts in order today so the accountant can get the return done. Trawling through piles of paper to get each months invoices and payments in order. Should have done it ages ago.

Trying to find an invoice in March 2013 for printed circuit boards. Seems to have vanished. :mad: Got the bill but no supporting paper. It'll be here - somewhere.

I feel your pain heero. Our business seemed to generate mounds of paper and in the end I got 12 pastic wallets and used to 'file' each item away as soon as it landed. At least everything was seperated out into months and by always tucking things into the front of the folder it was almost in date order aswell. My bugbear was petrol receipts, the guys would hoard them and by the time I got them the printing would be almost unreadable so reconciling them to the garage petrol schedules was hopeless.

My moan today is waiting for results. I know things take time but it doesn't help reduce the stress.

heero_yuy 20-11-2014 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35742098)
I feel your pain heero. Our business seemed to generate mounds of paper and in the end I got 12 pastic wallets and used to 'file' each item away as soon as it landed. At least everything was seperated out into months and by always tucking things into the front of the folder it was almost in date order aswell. My bugbear was petrol receipts, the guys would hoard them and by the time I got them the printing would be almost unreadable so reconciling them to the garage petrol schedules was hopeless.

That's what I normally do but I haven't done it recently hence piles of paper. I should know better but it seemed low priority at the time and I just didn't feel like doing it.

Quote:

My moan today is waiting for results. I know things take time but it doesn't help reduce the stress.
:hugs:

denphone 20-11-2014 12:01

Quote:

l hope you get your results soon jo and l just hope and pray that everybody is fine for you.

peanut 20-11-2014 12:04

Quote:

A good valid moan though, nothing worse than waiting for results and fingers crossed that they are good results.

On the same subject just had my results backs and I need an op. I knew this anyway so no big thing, but if I have the op I run the risk of knocking my knackered kidneys totally out as told by the surgeon and the consultant.

So do I risk the op where they can't give me a guarantee that A- it'll work or make anything better. B- Fail and end up on dialysis. C- It works, but knocks out my kidneys anyway. D- It works and kidneys aren't affected. E- It works but a high chance it will return quite quickly and have to run the risks again with only years left of working kidneys anyway.

To add to this if my kidneys fail and the condition I'm in (or if I do nothing) it probably will be end game. If it works then I could have a better chance when they do fail.

Quite a dilemma...... :(

denphone 20-11-2014 12:10

Dear Peanut l thought l was quite badly off but compared to your l am very lucky indeed and l just hope and pray that everything works out well for you in the future health wise as you seem to have gone through so much already.

MalteseFalcon 20-11-2014 12:46

For once, I have no moans. Good luck to those waiting for results, deciding on whether to have operations and getting things in shape for the tax grabbers.

joglynne 20-11-2014 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35742105)
A good valid moan though, nothing worse than waiting for results and fingers crossed that they are good results.

On the same subject just had my results backs and I need an op. I knew this anyway so no big thing, but if I have the op I run the risk of knocking my knackered kidneys totally out as told by the surgeon and the consultant.

So do I risk the op where they can't give me a guarantee that A- it'll work or make anything better. B- Fail and end up on dialysis. C- It works, but knocks out my kidneys anyway. D- It works and kidneys aren't affected. E- It works but a high chance it will return quite quickly and have to run the risks again with only years left of working kidneys anyway.

To add to this if my kidneys fail and the condition I'm in (or if I do nothing) it probably will be end game. If it works then I could have a better chance when they do fail.

What a dilemma indeed peanut. <<hugs>>

My husband is facing a similar scenario, his results are already in and if he opts for the radical solution he will be cancer free but the odds of not having any of the known side effects of the operation are slim to none, so promises a longer life but with far less quality than he has now. Or does he go for the safer option with a risk of the cancer killing him within 5/10 years any way.

Anyone have a crystal ball they could lend us?

peanut 20-11-2014 13:32

Thanks (all the above).

To be honest I'm hoping for option F which is leave me alone (hospitals and doctors) but hope something happens that makes the decision for me (kind of heading that way, I just hope it's sooner rather than later). As I know whatever option I go for will most probably be the wrong one knowing my luck.

On the plus side 5-8 years tops now is a better outcome than were I was last year. Though the reality has kicked in a whole lot more now, so been in limbo for a while and I don't expect it to get any better.

I can only know what you're going through Jo through my own wife's eyes. I might be flippant with my comments about how things are but I just daren't go there yet to how things will end up later and how it affects everyone else around me. I'm hitting a brick wall now (mentally not physically) .

weenie 20-11-2014 13:50

Sometimes it is difficult to work out why life seems to knock the good & kind people in the world.

Gary L 20-11-2014 13:58

I hate the new tactic of websites and such sending you emails saying they're 'sorry' for something. 'sorry' for an earlier email they sent earlier with the wrong info.

'sorry' for something that never actually happened.

and they say to make it up to you they're giving you 10% off your next order!

PEE OFF! you morons!
do I look stupid or what?!

heero_yuy 20-11-2014 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35742121)
I hate the new tactic of websites and such sending you emails saying they're 'sorry' for something. 'sorry' for an earlier email they sent earlier with the wrong info.

'sorry' for something that never actually happened.

and they say to make it up to you they're giving you 10% off your next order!

PEE OFF! you morons!
do I look stupid or what?!

You want us to give you the answer? :D

Gary L 20-11-2014 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35742122)
You want us to give you the answer? :D

Yes please.
it'll put my mind at rest :)

dilli-theclaw 20-11-2014 15:05

Quote:

What a bunch of muppets. I hope things have now been sorted and you are on your way to your appointment.

I hope you get good results!

I did indeed get in to hospital in the end.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35742105)

I hope you can get a good outcome :tu:

I'm having my next Kinsey clinic next week (which is nice as it makes a change from foot clinic :) )

heero_yuy 22-11-2014 09:18

Idiot cyclists: I'm walking back from Lidl this morning with two heavy carrier bags and a brolly along a narrow footpath, cycling banned, that has a knobbly flint wall one side and shrubbery the other when this loony on a push bike come hurtling at me shouting to "Get the F out of the way". No chance so I braced hard for impact. Got him with my shoulder.;) He went out of control for another fifty odd yards and then collided with the wall hard and collapsed in a heap.

Ha, ha, ha.

I didn't bother to find out if the moron was hurt. I do hope so.

SnoopZ 22-11-2014 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35742481)
Idiot cyclists: I'm walking back from Lidl this morning with two heavy carrier bags and a brolly along a narrow footpath, cycling banned, that has a knobbly flint wall one side and shrubbery the other when this loony on a push bike come hurtling at me shouting to "Get the F out of the way". No chance so I braced hard for impact. Got him with my shoulder.;) He went out of control for another fifty odd yards and then collided with the wall hard and collapsed in a heap.

Ha, ha, ha.

Excellent! i want part 2 though! haha

papa smurf 22-11-2014 10:01

Quote:

Ha, ha, ha.

i do hope your shopping was not damaged :tu:

heero_yuy 22-11-2014 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35742485)
i do hope your shopping was not damaged :tu:

Safe and sound. :) I think the weight of the heavy bag helped make my shoulder into the immovable object.

weenie 22-11-2014 12:31

Quote:

Ha, ha, ha.

Good for you heero :)

Osem 22-11-2014 12:38

Quote:

Ha, ha, ha.

It wasn't this guy was it? ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30130715

Good for you anyway mate - not content with being irresponsible on the roads, some cyclists seem intent doing likewise on our pavements.

Best of luck to all here who're awaiting medical test results, treatment etc. :tu:

thenry 22-11-2014 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35741708)
Not been here for a while How are you keeping now, ;)

fan-tas-tic.

ThunderPants73 23-11-2014 14:38

Quote:

Ha, ha, ha.

I'm a cyclist and these morons give us all a bad rep. Hope the t**t broke something....like his neck.

I was walking home from Aldi the other day, a teenager came at me on the pavement on his BMX, had no choice but to move, as he was staring at his mobile phone so didn't see me until the last second, when he just had enough time to give me a filthy look for being in his way.

Pauls9 24-11-2014 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35742706)
I'm a cyclist and these morons give us all a bad rep. Hope the t**t broke something....like his neck.

I was walking home from Aldi the other day, a teenager came at me on the pavement on his BMX, had no choice but to move, as he was staring at his mobile phone so didn't see me until the last second, when he just had enough time to give me a filthy look for being in his way.

I get that with pedestrians paying attention to nothing but a mobile phone, ignoring the fact that everyone they're following is on the other side of the pavement. My approach is to do an impression of a lamppost, stationary and solid. The look on their face as they suddenly realise that they're about to collide... :)

MalteseFalcon 24-11-2014 12:59

Relative who does bowel cancer screening every 2 years got an abnormal result back this morning. Got an appointment next Monday morning to see a specialist and decide on whether to get a colonoscopy done or not. She's 74, so if it is cancer could be aggressive.

weenie 24-11-2014 20:31

Well I got the new's I've been dreading, been told that it's unlikely I will be returning to work any time soon :(

dilli-theclaw 24-11-2014 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35742962)
Well I got the new's I've been dreading, been told that it's unlikely I will be returning to work any time soon :(

Well that fricking sucks :(

weenie 24-11-2014 20:49

I know.

Hom3r 24-11-2014 20:50

My brother In-laws, sisters. father In-law, wasn't feeling well.

He has been told he has lung cancer which has spread to his spine and there is SFA they can do, and they've given him 2 months :(

I only met him and his wife once when they came down from Scotland to a New Years Eve party that a family friend was throwing and said the more the merrier.

joglynne 24-11-2014 20:52

Quote:

So sorry to hear your news weenie. <<hugs>>

idiosyncratic 24-11-2014 22:47

Quote:

I understand if you don't want to go into detail about your results, weenie, but I just wanted to say that I had a bad diagnosis from a colonoscopy & CT scan earlier this year & if I can help in any way please don't hesitate to get in touch.

denphone 25-11-2014 05:17

Quote:

l am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and l just hope and pray that you get better soon weenie.:hugs:

weenie 25-11-2014 08:53

Thanks everyone.

TheDaddy 25-11-2014 16:30

Funerals :(

dilli-theclaw 26-11-2014 10:22

Hospital today.... Kidney and foot poking. Natalie is pestering me as my right foot is all swollen :(

denphone 26-11-2014 10:35

Its never rains but sadly pours with you dilli and listen to Natalie as she is right as the female sex are 99% of the time.

Uncle Peter 26-11-2014 12:07

Dodgy batch of Shell V-Power from my local garage (if it was actually blimmin V-Power coming out of the pump) resulting in my motor being on the dyno most of this morning.

Tried a new MAF sensor, new actuator which didn't work. Draining the tank and reset of the ECU did.

weenie 26-11-2014 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35743252)
Hospital today.... Kidney and foot poking. Natalie is pestering me as my right foot is all swollen :(

Sorry to hear that dilli :( I'm sending you and Natalie my best wishes and hugs to you both.

thenry 26-11-2014 15:19

Dog owners not cleaning up dog crap.

nashville 26-11-2014 15:28

Hope you are Ok peanut, Take care,

MalteseFalcon 26-11-2014 16:39

Good luck to everyone.

My moan is not the fact that I have been sent on a course by the Jobcentre because I am actually enjoying it. No, it is more the fact that the chairs we sit in are so bum numbing that we have to keep getting up every so often to get feeling back into our legs.

dilli-theclaw 26-11-2014 19:42

Oh well I was out of two casts for six whole days this time and it's probably best not to mention my kidneys.

Hom3r 26-11-2014 20:53

infomercial

We bought a JML 8 in one cooker

Watching infomercial about it on YouTube, I'm mean why the patronising WOWs?

See attached for what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCMccAyub00

weenie 28-11-2014 10:49

Arrogant, selfish and self centered people (person). I now know where the saying comes from they are their own worst enemy. Although I do wonder if they will ever realize that by their actions or inaction's, they are just causing more trouble for them-self. This is for them :PP: there I feel better now :)

SnoopZ 28-11-2014 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35743691)
Arrogant, selfish and self centered people (person). I now know where the saying comes from they are their own worst enemy. Although I do wonder if they will ever realize that by their actions or inaction's, they are just causing more trouble for them-self. This is for them :PP: there I feel better now :)

Is this about your next door neighbour and those trees or has it been sorted out in your favour now?

weenie 28-11-2014 12:06

Yes and no. The stage we have now reached will now go into next May/June.

nashville 28-11-2014 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35743318)
Dog owners not cleaning up dog crap.

This really annoys me too. Especially right at the entrance of our house. I hate people who allow their dog to jump up on you and then say," They will no harm you" after the paws are all over your clothes

denphone 01-12-2014 09:26

Tomorrow as l have to go to a London hospital for two appointment's in different department's and its going to be at least a 16 to 18 hour stretch before l get back to deepest Devon.:(

dilli-theclaw 01-12-2014 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35744324)
Tomorrow as l have to go to a London hospital for two appointment's in different department's and its going to be at least a 16 to 18 hour stretch before l get back to deepest Devon.:(

I hope it goes as well a it can :tu:

I'm in myself a few times this week.

denphone 01-12-2014 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35744328)
I hope it goes as well a it can :tu:

I'm in myself a few times this week.

The transport has to arrive first dilli but thanks for your kind wishes.:)

dilli-theclaw 01-12-2014 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35744336)
The transport has to arrive first dilli but thanks for your kind wishes.:)

Well to be fair transport does usually turn up here nowadays - just sometimes they don't bring something they can fit a wheelchair in ;)

I just hope you haven't got to wait hours to head back!

denphone 01-12-2014 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35744338)
Well to be fair transport does usually turn up here nowadays - just sometimes they don't bring something they can fit a wheelchair in ;)

I just hope you haven't got to wait hours to head back!

Yes it would be nice if we can get back in a reasonable time as once we never got back till near on one in the morning once due to the transport being delayed in London and then the dropping off of other patients who live on those roads to nowhere.

weenie 01-12-2014 18:23

Quote:

Hope everything goes well for you den, sending you my best wishes and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow :hugs:

heero_yuy 01-12-2014 18:25

Quote:

Hope it all goes well for you.

joglynne 01-12-2014 19:23

Goodluck tomorrow Den. I shall be thinking of you.

heero_yuy 01-12-2014 19:30

People of advancing years that one would have hoped would bring wisdom resort to pouring petrol on fire.

denphone 01-12-2014 19:31

Thank you kindly everybody for your kind wishes.

TheDaddy 02-12-2014 20:11

Quote:

Good luck with it, hope it isn't to bad

denphone 02-12-2014 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35744691)
Good luck with it, hope it isn't to bad

Well things went as good as they could TD but once the football finishes l am off to bed as its been a long day.

thenry 03-12-2014 14:43

Yodel. Whats up with local centers not having contact numbers?!

heero_yuy 04-12-2014 14:59

What a miserable, cold, (3 C) gloomy, damp day. :(

Oh deep joy, it's now drizzling as well.

rhyds 04-12-2014 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35744834)
Yodel. Whats up with local centers not having contact numbers?!

That would mean aknowledging the "local centre" is in fact a council lockup garage...

denphone 04-12-2014 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35745024)
What a miserable, cold, (3 C) gloomy, damp day. :(

Oh deep joy, it's now drizzling as well.

Yes sadly l don't see much improvement anytime soon.

dilli-theclaw 05-12-2014 22:51

Creatinine levels up again, love blood tests. Still at least my blood pressure was ok :)

MalteseFalcon 05-12-2014 23:07

After a week of antibiotics and spray, my ear infection has still not gone. Will wait for Monday, not fancying a trip to my out of hours surgery as I have been there enough this year already.

denphone 06-12-2014 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35745252)
Creatinine levels up again, love blood tests. Still at least my blood pressure was ok :)

How high is your Creatinine level dilli as they certainly don't like that going upwards.

heero_yuy 06-12-2014 09:29

Some old biddy in Lidl's this morning complaining merry hell that they'd reduced the free parking to 60 minutes and she'd got fined twice for leaving her car there and going into the town shopping. Didn't seem to dawn on her that she was in effect stealing that space from other shoppers to the store.

Stupid, greedy old bat. :mad:

dilli-theclaw 06-12-2014 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35745264)
How high is your Creatinine level dilli as they certainly don't like that going upwards.

i didn't ask the level they told me it was higher than last time and are having me in for a couple of days next week for some more tests.

Still at least it'll be a night out and all that :)

denphone 06-12-2014 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35745278)
i didn't ask the level they told me it was higher than last time and are having me in for a couple of days next week for some more tests.

Still at least it'll be a night out and all that :)

You are lucky Dilli as when my Creatinine levels were high they kept me up London for 10 days and no matter how hard l try to convince them otherwise they would not let me home.:bigcry:

dilli-theclaw 06-12-2014 10:12

Cambridge are on about me going to London for my eyes but it's just not going to happen.

denphone 06-12-2014 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35745282)
Cambridge are on about me going to London for my eyes but it's just not going to happen.

Is that because you don't want to go or because of something else?.

dilli-theclaw 06-12-2014 11:23

Moorfields may be good. But they can't help me any more so I'd much rather stick in one hospital where I can get all my stuff done in one place.

SnoopZ 06-12-2014 17:41

The cost of parking!

Spent 5hrs 3mins in a Cambridge carpark and was expecting a bill of £8 or something, but when i put the ticket in the machine it said £24 i was so shocked i thought it was a mistake!

heero_yuy 06-12-2014 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35745359)
The cost of parking!

Spent 5hrs 3mins in a Cambridge carpark and was expecting a bill of £8 or something, but when i put the ticket in the machine it said £24 i was so shocked i thought it was a mistake!

Ouch!

Now our council has wrested control from the car hating Libdems the carparks are a £1 an hour.:)

SnoopZ 06-12-2014 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35745361)
Ouch!

Now our council has wrested control from the car hating Libdems the carparks are a £1 an hour.:)

This is what Cambridge has for the Grafton Shopping Centre, Mon -Fri and Sat!

Up to 1 hour £2.00 £2.20
Up to 2 hours £3.60 £4.30
Up to 3 hours £5.50 £6.10
Up to 4 hours £9.10 £10.40
Up to 5 hours £16.50£17.50
Over 5 hours £24 £24

denphone 06-12-2014 17:55

That's a utter rip off.:td:

heero_yuy 06-12-2014 18:00

Next they'll be complaining that the town centre is dying. :rolleyes:

denphone 06-12-2014 18:06

These Town Centres need to wise up pretty quickly that the cheaper their car parking charges are the more people they will attract into them to spend money.

SnoopZ 06-12-2014 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35745367)
Next they'll be complaining that the town centre is dying. :rolleyes:

Well i wont be parking again for more than 3hrs that is for sure!

A parking ticket for not paying is only £25 for gods sake if i was to pay it in less than 14 days as this would incur a 50% discount!

thenry 06-12-2014 20:51

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Crawley...ail/story.html

such a shame that some dog owners feel the need to crap over it!

peanut 06-12-2014 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35745401)
http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Crawley...ail/story.html

such a shame that some dog owners feel the need to crap over it!

I bet the dogs must feel really ashamed of them too.

Hom3r 07-12-2014 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35745362)
This is what Cambridge has for the Grafton Shopping Centre, Mon -Fri and Sat!

Up to 1 hour £2.00 £2.20
Up to 2 hours £3.60 £4.30
Up to 3 hours £5.50 £6.10
Up to 4 hours £9.10 £10.40
Up to 5 hours £16.50£17.50
Over 5 hours £24 £24

I won't complain about my local car park charging £1.20 for 2 hours or £3 for 3 hours.

MalteseFalcon 07-12-2014 23:21

Windows. I set the updates to ask before downloading and installing, yet this afternoon whilst out the laptop decided to update to 8.1. Normally this would be good. However, the last 5 times I upgraded to 8.1 I have needed to install Windows from scratch. If this update botches it again, think I will just get a new laptop with 8.1 already installed on it.

Laptop is on last legs anyway.

thenry 07-12-2014 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35745559)
Windows. I set the updates to ask before downloading and installing, yet this afternoon whilst out the laptop decided to update to 8.1. Normally this would be good. However, the last 5 times I upgraded to 8.1 I have needed to install Windows from scratch. If this update botches it again, think I will just get a new laptop with 8.1 already installed on it.

Laptop is on last legs anyway.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...-refresh-media