Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674299)

Matth 27-01-2011 23:18

T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

This has also hurt "3" coverage, as they lost the use of Orange as a backup.

Were the regulators asleep when they put this through!

mersey70 28-01-2011 08:28

Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matth (Post 35160401)
Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

This has also hurt "3" coverage, as they lost the use of Orange as a backup.

I think that poster in the second link is getting mixed up. I was told by 3 the agreement for 3's roaming agreement with Orange was transferred to 'Everything Everywhere' which is the name of the new joint venture with T-Mobile, if something has changed I haven't been told as a 3 contract customer.

I can definitely confirm though that on the rare occasion it loses a 3G signal it still roams to 2G, it did when I was on a train on Monday anyway.

Graham M 28-01-2011 11:03

I have a friend on Virgin Mobile whose phone's screen is now showing T-Mobile and he has lost all of his bundles

Dave_M 28-01-2011 17:25

I asked the question to 'The Team' @ VM some time back what would happen should there be a loss of service as a consequence of network integration, their reply was that it would be treated on a case by case basis.

nodrogd 02-02-2011 22:53

Looks like Virgin customers will be using the new combined EE network from the summer.(Look in the 'And there's more to come' section.)

"We’ve always used the T-Mobile network, which covers over 99% of the UK population to provide our service. But from this summer, we’ll use the Everything Everywhere network (the company formed by Orange and T-Mobile). So in some areas where the coverage would otherwise dip, you’ll automatically be able to use either the T-Mobile or the Orange network at the same great Virgin Mobile rates."

Dave_M 24-03-2011 22:01

September according to customer services

Paul 24-03-2011 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matth (Post 35160401)

Why would it be of any concern to the regulators ?

gus0898uk 24-08-2011 23:15

Any further updates on when the Everything Everywhere will kick into action?
TIA

New to cable 25-08-2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35198981)
Why would it be of any concern to the regulators ?

Because it relates to Virginhmedia.

Which means Virginmedia and its customers will scream and cry about every new product or innovation that any company in competition with it does. Ensuring that the "regulators" get envolved.

Ultimately other companys will decide to stop investing in content and developing there networks and Virginmedia and its customers will all be very happy when eventually they drag the UK back to the days of expensive mobile/fixed phone calls and limited TV content.

VIRGINMEDIA

If we cant afford it, no one should be allowed it

Dave_M 25-08-2011 17:37

I believe VM are half way through a 6 week or so trial in selected areas, if all goes well then word has it will be rolled out probably late September. Nothing official wrt dates from VM tho :-(

Paul 25-08-2011 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35292333)

Which means Virginmedia and its customers will scream and cry about every new product or innovation that any company in competition with it does. Ensuring that the "regulators" get envolved.

Ultimately other companys will decide to stop investing in content and developing there networks and Virginmedia and its customers will all be very happy when eventually they drag the UK back to the days of expensive mobile/fixed phone calls and limited TV content.

VIRGINMEDIA

Is this an attempt to be sarcastic, because it makes very little sense.

Sirius 25-08-2011 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35292380)
Is this an attempt to be sarcastic, because it makes very little sense.

:tu:

Digital Fanatic 25-08-2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35292333)

VIRGINMEDIA

What are you on about? Really? :confused:

Hugh 25-08-2011 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35292475)

I think the question should be "what are you on? "......;)

Sirius 25-08-2011 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35292475)

Its called i have a chip on my shoulder about virgin media so i will rant incoherently at every chance i get and make myself look a complete (insert your preferred word here)