Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Please document any V6 issues here. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704015)

RichardCoulter 16-12-2016 14:33

Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

You've hit the nail on the head Andrew.

Today the sound suddenly disappeared on all services; a reboot cured it though.

The problem of sporadic white audio noise continues, albeit very occasionally.

Mad Max 16-12-2016 16:01

Glad i'm waiting

bolgerp 06-01-2017 09:53

There seems to be three separate threads regarding V6 issues. I've picked this one... hopefully people will pick it up.

Anyhoooooo.... I had my lovely V6 installed before Christmas. generally I am very pleased with it. I only have one box so haven't been able to try out any of the streaming options. Also, I haven't tried streaming/downloading to the app yet either.

However, I have noticed that I have had to reboot this box a few times because it got "stuck" whilst waking up. This has happened 4 times since I received it and twice alone this week. Has anyone else noticed this with their box? It's not a huge inconvenience but I never had to do this with my TiVo box. Perhaps it's been trying to update software or something.

Anyway, as I said, not a huge problem. I'm just curious if anyone else has observed the same issues.

spiderplant 06-01-2017 10:21

Yes, it's a known software issue. I expect it'll be fixed by a software update so bear with it for now. You could also try disabling power-saving in the Settings->Devices menu

bolgerp 06-01-2017 10:30

Ahhh....cheers for that tip, Spidey!

daz100 06-01-2017 21:17

My anytime app keeps disconnecting from the v6 over and over not sure if that is a fault?
My vod keeps giving me error 407 is it or 409 since install.

OLDGOLD 07-01-2017 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35871842)
That's a known error on the V6 when used with certain TVs. A software fix is in development, but in the meantime try going into the Video Output Formats settings menus and unticking 1080i.

What TVs is this an issue with? Or has this been fixed now anyway?

horno46 07-01-2017 06:46

Is anyone else experiencing erratic behaviour from their V6 remotes? I have two installed and have used one predominantly so far so I'm not sure if it's an issue with both.

jb66 07-01-2017 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35879313)
Yes, it's a known software issue. I expect it'll be fixed by a software update so bear with it for now. You could also try disabling power-saving in the Settings->Devices menu

Is there anyway field technicians can find out this information?

spiderplant 07-01-2017 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDGOLD (Post 35879435)
What TVs is this an issue with? Or has this been fixed now anyway?

It was first reported on a Sanyo CE32LD47-B, but may well affect other TVs too. Whatever, it's easily worked around by disabling 1080i.

Quote:

Originally Posted by horno46 (Post 35879441)
Is anyone else experiencing erratic behaviour from their V6 remotes? I have two installed and have used one predominantly so far so I'm not sure if it's an issue with both.

Try resetting the remote using the process I posted here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=2480

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35879443)
Is there anyway field technicians can find out this information?

Simply visit CF ;)

There was talk of getting known errors made available on the PDAs, but that's all gone a bit quiet. I'll make enquiries.

RichardCoulter 16-01-2017 16:30

Over the last few days, mine has ignored four programme delete requests, rebooting it gets them to go away though.

The sporadic white noise is now a precursor to the box going slower and ignoring what you ask it to do with the remote eg tabbing down further than you ask it to.

Again, a reboot clears this. Happens once or twice a week.

ozsat 16-01-2017 16:40

This is something that some SkyQ users are reporting too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35871838)
Yesterday evening the picture started going on & off again

RichardCoulter 16-01-2017 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35880855)
This is something that some SkyQ users are reporting too.

That time was really bad, it has only happened the once though, touch wood.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

For the second time in a week, ive found that it hasn't recorded any daytime programmes. It seems to have stopped after I put it in standby in the early hours of this morning.

The first time that I become aware of this is when I try to take it out of standby as it says something like "waking up" and never progresses.

Again, a reboot gets it going again, but all the programmes set to record are lost.

Could this be a return of the problem where the box fails to record in standby and has to be left on 24/7??

Mad Max 16-01-2017 19:30

Oh dear, not a good start for the V6 then.......

RichardCoulter 16-01-2017 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35880889)
Oh dear, not a good start for the V6 then.......

Nope, just tried to watch one of the programmes that it failed to record via On Demand. In return I get a black screen and silence with none of the buttons doing anything.

Now waiting for another reboot to complete (which will mess up my evening recordings too).

I think you are wise to wait until these problems are sorted out Max.