Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BoxNation on Virgin Media? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33681302)

muppetman11 30-09-2011 20:37

Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Keys should stick to football :D not impressed with his debut.

Chad 30-09-2011 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35307880)

I've managed to find a stream online. Keys does seem a little out of his comfort zone. Steve Bunce is trying his best to pull him through his boxing debut. So far it's not too bad. SKY do it slicker however it's only Box Nations 1st night so I'll give them 7 out of 10 so far.

Can we post links to streams here for others to watch? The channel is free anyway so I don't think it'll be considered too naughty? The official link on their own website doesn't work and the channel isn't on Virgin. Alternatively if you want to watch the show, send me a PM and I'll send you the link. I reckon we are about 30 mins away from the main event.

denphone 30-09-2011 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35307744)
Well spotted! Looks like the dream of getting Box Nation is back on:D

Don't get your hopes up too high Chad.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35307880)

Well he is not that good even at Football MM.

Chad 30-09-2011 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35307903)
Don't get your hopes up too high Chad.

I've really got little hope these days. I've got a feeling Box Nation will go the same way as Premier Sports.

I've made up my mind that whilst catch-up TV and on demand is great, ultimately there is better programmes out there and they are on SKY. Unless Box Nation launches on Virgin at least 5 days before Bellew Vs. Cleverly I'm off.

For too long I've gave Virgin the benefit of the doubt, and been their apologist, however there comes a time when you need to give yourself a shake and realise that as a Virgin customer you will never ever get access to everything that you want to watch. I actually feel like a bit of a dumb ass for seriously believing Box Nation would have launched by today.

Virgin will blame Box Nation, Box Nation will blame Virgin and caught in the middle is the customer. I'm sick and tired going through this nonsense almost everytime a new channel or HD channel launches in the UK. Will we get it, won't we get it, it's launched on SKY, Virgin say nothing....

muppetman11 30-09-2011 21:11

In the light of them sports listings I can see Box Nation launching on VM.

denphone 30-09-2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35307911)

You can always rely on the great master being forever the optimist.:D

Chad 30-09-2011 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35307911)

I truly hope so. Forget all the crazy B.S. I've been posting in the last 36 hours about expecting free TiVo. If Virgin launch Box Nation, SKY Anytime and all those various HD channels I'll willingly pay to enter into a new 18 month agreement for TiVo 1Tb. I'll need it to record all that boxing and HD goodness. Ultimately it's Box Nation that will swing everything for me. People might think I sound crazy jumping to SKY over a single TV channel, but hey that's how passionate I am about boxing. Boxing is the only programme I watch live, each and every week without fail, as it's broadcast on TV. I'm happy to miss football and happy to record other programmes to what when I like but boxing is my number 1.

Judging from various other forums and threads other "mental" boxing fans are preparing to jump ship too.

muppetman11 30-09-2011 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35307920)
I truly hope so. Forget all the crazy B.S. I've been posting in the last 36 hours about expecting free TiVo. If Virgin launch Box Nation, SKY Anytime and all those various HD channels I'll willingly pay to enter into a new 18 month agreement for TiVo 1Tb. I'll need it to record all that boxing and HD goodness. Ultimately it's Box Nation that will swing everything for me. People might think I sound crazy jumping to SKY over a single TV channel, but hey that's how passionate I am about boxing. Boxing is the only programme I watch live, each and every week without fail, as it's broadcast on TV. I'm happy to miss football and happy to record other programmes to what when I like but boxing is my number 1.

Judging from various other forums and threads other "mental" boxing fans are preparing to jump ship too.

I think you'll be happy as the UKTV HD , Sky Movies Classic and Anytime are arriving and I believe VM will do a deal to get Box Nation.

HD Boy 30-09-2011 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35307943)
I think you'll be happy as the UKTV HD , Sky Movies Classic and Anytime are arriving and I believe VM will do a deal to get Box Nation.

and maybe ITV 2,3,4 HD in november

Chad 30-09-2011 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Boy (Post 35307949)

The more HD the better! I don't think you'll find anyone who would disagree. Keep us posted over at the Coming Soon thread with any updates or insights you receive.

muppetman11 30-09-2011 22:38

Massive fight respect to Walsh and Appleby.

Chad 30-09-2011 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35307970)
Massive fight respect to Walsh and Appleby.

A real great show by both fighters. They gave it all. A real contender for British fight of the year.

A super opening night by Box Nation, enjoyed by virtually zero Virgin customers:( It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.

denphone 01-10-2011 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Boy (Post 35307949)

Well lets get October over first.

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35307974)
A real great show by both fighters. They gave it all. A real contender for British fight of the year.

A super opening night by Box Nation, enjoyed by virtually zero Virgin customers:( It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.

Yes l agree but then thats Virgin for you sometimes.

BenMcr 01-10-2011 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35307974)
It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.

Except to be fair it wouldn't have been 4 million would it. Not every single Virgin customer (or Sky customer for that matter) would have been watching it

Arthurgray50@blu 01-10-2011 11:41

I like to watch boxing, and wrestling etc, but there is no gurrantee that it will come to VM.
All you will get is 'faked' American crap, but when l was a kid, you would get British wrestling at its best, so we could get a channel for that.

BUT, if VM are expecting Box Nation to come soon, they will have a long time waiting for it.:(