Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Amazon order query (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705381)

Osem 11-09-2017 19:00

Amazon order query

Way back in Feb we placed an order for 3 items with Amazon. Two arrived but we got a message saying the third had not yet been despatched and they'd update us when the item was on its way. To be honest we forgot all about it until now when I was browsing our past orders and found the item sill showing as 'open'. I checked to see if it has been withdrawn but it's showing as being currently available within a few days so I'm wondering why the order hasn't been fulfilled? Can anyone explain?

TIA as always.

weenie 11-09-2017 19:06

Re: Amazon order query

You could try phoning Amazon and explaining the situation you find yourself in Osem.

Osem 11-09-2017 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35916099)
You could try phoning Amazon and explaining the situation you find yourself in Osem.

I hate contacting them to be honest so thought I'd ask here first.

Paul 11-09-2017 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35916096)
I checked to see if it has been withdrawn but it's showing as being currently available within a few days so I'm wondering why the order hasn't been fulfilled? Can anyone explain?

I doubt anyone here has access to Amazons stock system, but dont be fooled by "available within a few days".

Items can be on that status for many months, as yours likely has been. Contact the seller if you want to know for sure.

Osem 11-09-2017 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35916109)
I doubt anyone here has access to Amazons stock system, but dont be fooled by "available within a few days".

Items can be on that status for many months, as yours likely has been. Contact the seller if you want to know for sure.

Lol I wasn't suggesting anyone had access to the stock system, just wondering if this is a common problem/glitch for whatever reason. e.g. after a period, open orders just get left that way unless the buyer does something. ;)

Looking at the current sellers and prices just now, I think the problem is that the prices have gone up quite a lot since our order was placed so whist the product is still available (and there are people confirming deliveries within the last few days) it's nowhere near the price when we ordered it. I dare say Amazon have that covered in their T's & C's...

tweetiepooh 12-09-2017 11:23

Amazon themselves are usually very good with dealing with issue. Fear not to contact them.

SnoopZ 12-09-2017 11:33

Just go into your orders and click on contact seller, nothing to fear about and you have probably paid for it so don't leave it any longer.

Osem 12-09-2017 12:37

Thanks guys, as it was supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon I didn't think they'd charge my account until the item was despatched. I'll check my records to see whether the whole amount was taken.

I have dealt with Amazon before but found it a rather time consuming process so thought it'd be easier to get some feedback here before doing that. If I have been charged then obviously I'll have to take it up but would that be the seller or Amazon?

Update:

Just been trawling through my credit card records and found out that we were never charged for the item. It's evidently not been fulfilled because the price has gone up considerably after the order. Pity they didn't just tell us the order was being cancelled but there we are.

Cheers anyway. :tu:

pip08456 12-09-2017 13:08

Just contact them by email and ask on the status of your order as the order was accepted.

Amazon has a contractual obligation to fulfill the order they accepted.

Don't winge, DO!

Osem 12-09-2017 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35916168)
Just contact them by email and ask on the status of your order as the order was accepted.

Amazon has a contractual obligation to fulfill the order they accepted.

Don't winge, DO!

Eh? Who's whingeing?

The item has never been delivered but it turns out that we haven't been charged so that's it as far as I'm concerned. It'll be up to the missus to decide whether she wants to whinge about it.

pip08456 12-09-2017 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35916173)
Eh? Who's whingeing?

The item has never been delivered but it turns out that we haven't been charged so that's it as far as I'm concerned. It'll be up to the missus to decide whether she wants to whinge about it.

I apologise if I misunderstood the reason for your post.

I thought it was because you had placed an order that you had not recieved.

I have had that in the past and contacted Amazon and they have made sure the order was fulfilled at the price of the order as the seller had not stated it was no longer available and had not cancelled it due to that.

Could I ask the reason for your post and the answer you were looking for?

Osem 12-09-2017 14:50

A simple query which I didn't want to hang around waiting for Amazon to answer - a forgotten order which has not been fulfilled and I was wondering why that might be the case when the same item is currently in stock and being sold by Amazon. We'd been told they'd let us know when it became available again but they never did so maybe their system is at fault. :shrug: It was by chance that I spotted it the open order this morning and at that point didn't know if we'd been charged for it.

It's never happened to us before so I was just looking for was a possible explanation such as yours. In your case you queried it with Amazon and got the item. I don't know if the missus still wants it however so I'll leave that to her.

SnoopZ 12-09-2017 16:59

You're going about this the wrong way, just contact them and ask just like you would any other place.

Osem 12-09-2017 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35916189)
You're going about this the wrong way, just contact them and ask just like you would any other place.

It's all sorted mate. I've found out what I needed to know here, no need to contact Amazon.

pip08456 12-09-2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35916192)
It's all sorted mate. I've found out what I needed to know here, no need to contact Amazon.

So the order is now being shipped to you at the price you ordered it at?