Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   [Update] The News Corp scandal (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33676493)

denphone 05-07-2011 19:05

re: NotW phone hacking allegations: Milly Dowler, Soham, 7/7, dead soldiers' families...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35268741)
Anyone who is interested in this and is near a TV, watch Channel 4 news NOW.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

News of the World campaigned with Sara Payne for Sarah's Law, guess what they were doing while that was happening? Yup. Hacking her phone.

As each minute goes by the revelations become more and more astounding.

devilincarnate 05-07-2011 19:07

re: NotW phone hacking allegations: Milly Dowler, Soham, 7/7, dead soldiers' families...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35268741)
[/COLOR]News of the World campaigned with Sara Payne for Sarah's Law, guess what they were alleged to have been doing while that was happening? Yup. Hacking her phone.

It just seems to be descending in to a (not allowed to use the words that I want to use now?)

martyh 05-07-2011 19:23

I think that a bulk order for paper shredders is about to placed by News International ,the News of The World and the MET in an attempt to stop themselves getting nailed to the wall ,the only person who will come out of this smelling of roses is Rupert Murdoch

I also think that Chris is right,the only way to stop this sort of behaviour is for the readers of these rags to stop buying them because the PCC is a waste of time

Maggy 05-07-2011 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35268765)
I think that a bulk order for paper shredders is about to placed by News International ,the News of The World and the MET in an attempt to stop themselves getting nailed to the wall ,the only person who will come out of this smelling of roses is Rupert Murdoch

I also think that Chris is right,the only way to stop this sort of behaviour is for the readers of these rags to stop buying them because the PCC is a waste of time

I haven't bought the NOW for over 30 years.Same for the Sun,the Mail.I only buy the Telegraph these days and that's for the OH because he likes doing the crossword and other puzzles.

denphone 05-07-2011 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35268765)

On that we can agree.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35268772)
I haven't bought the NOW for over 30 years.Same for the Sun,the Mail.I only buy the Telegraph these days and that's for the OH because he likes doing the crossword and other puzzles.

Yes l made a vow a long time ago never to buy a Murdoch paper.

Damien 05-07-2011 19:35

Not sure if anyone else saw Channel 4 News but they revealed that a few years ago The News of the World has a surveillance team targeting a police officer.

The Police officer was investigating the murder of a private investigator. He appeared on Crimewatch during an appeal and a few days later they started following him. The police noticed and did a counter surveillance operation following the NOTW team that was following the office in question. When confronted about this the NOTW said they thought he was having an affair with one of the presenters of the show. The officer and the presenter in question were married at the time. However coincidentally many of the people the officer was investigating for the murder where also private investigators working for....The News of the World.

Anyone getting the feeling all these sick cases are the pilot fish for a much bigger story?

AdamD 05-07-2011 19:37

Interesting how companies who pay for ads in these papers are only NOW considering removing them.

*shakes head*

Tabloids, it's a shame they aren't banned, perhaps the average IQ in this country would rise if they did. :P

It amazes me how newspapers are able to repeatedly get away with violating people's privacy, yet all they seem to get is a slap on the wrist and a fine.

denphone 05-07-2011 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamD (Post 35268788)
Interesting how companies who pay for ads in these papers are only NOW considering removing them.

*shakes head*

Tabloids, it's a shame they aren't banned, perhaps the average IQ in this country would rise if they did. :P

It amazes me how newspapers are able to repeatedly get away with violating people's privacy, yet all they seem to get is a slap on the wrist and a fine.

Yes l agree with you as the masses have been brainwashed for years by the redtops.

devilincarnate 05-07-2011 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35268791)
Yes l agree with you as the masses have been brainwashed for years by the redtops.

Oh typical blame the Gingers.

denphone 05-07-2011 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35268827)
Oh typical blame the Gingers.

Well who do you blame Devil.:erm:

Damien 05-07-2011 20:18

http://www.channel4.com/news/news-of...lice-detective

Quote:

Exclusive: Channel 4 News learns that a Metropolitan Police detective was put under surveillance by News of the World journalists and his personal details targetted.

devilincarnate 05-07-2011 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35268828)
Well who do you blame Devil.:erm:

Den did you read what I quoted and then posted?

Hom3r 05-07-2011 20:23

I frankly don't give a flying fig that a celebs phone has been hack, and may have exposed things they shouldn't have done.

But when it may have hampered a missing child case then people should go to prison.

denphone 05-07-2011 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35268852)
Den did you read what I quoted and then posted?

Sorry.;)

Kymmy 05-07-2011 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35268856)
But when it may have hampered a missing child case then people should go to prison.

Agreed :clap: