Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Neighbours on UKTV Gold (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33642574)

andrew.shearman 05-12-2008 00:03

Neighbours on UKTV Gold

why don't thy show neighbours on gold now?:td:

SB_07 05-12-2008 00:07

Re: gold

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew.shearman (Post 34689893)

May be something to do with it being on Cannel 5 now? I think GOLD get most of their stuff from the BBC but obviously they prob don't own the archive of Neighbours anymore.

I'm probably wrong though.

andrew.shearman 05-12-2008 00:10

so gold can't show it now?

demented 05-12-2008 00:14

I doubt Five have the rights to the classic neighbours, I may be wrong though. I suspect it's just one of the casualties of the rebranding. Doctor Who used to be showed from the early 90s on UKGold as did Neighbours for years on end. Doctor Who got dropped and eventually went onto UKtvDrama that had suffered from channel drift and became what UKGold used to be like. Now that's been rebranded and it is gone. I suspect it is a similar sort of thing with neighbours. It may come back with a bit of channel drift.

Woodite 05-12-2008 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew.shearman (Post 34689893)

G.O.L.D. (Go On Laugh Daily) as its known now, is a comedy channel & now only shows old comedy progs.

mentalis 05-12-2008 07:32

If Neighbours or classic Doctor Who is going to appear anywhere it will be on Watch. (New Doctor Who and Torchwood have appeared there)

cablecrazy 05-12-2008 08:35

UKTV GOLD/ G.O.L.D had the rights to Neighbours up to episode 5330 (the last episode shown on the BBC) They cant show anything after that due to Five aquiring the rights, just as Five cant show any old episodes as the BBC own them.

DC_FC79 05-12-2008 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by demented (Post 34689903)
I doubt Five have the rights to the classic neighbours, I may be wrong though. I suspect it's just one of the casualties of the rebranding. Doctor Who used to be showed from the early 90s on UKGold as did Neighbours for years on end. Doctor Who got dropped and eventually went onto UKtvDrama that had suffered from channel drift and became what UKGold used to be like. Now that's been rebranded and it is gone. I suspect it is a similar sort of thing with neighbours. It may come back with a bit of channel drift.

I did wonder why doctor suddenly stopped,

Chris 05-12-2008 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cablecrazy (Post 34689983)
UKTV GOLD/ G.O.L.D had the rights to Neighbours up to episode 5330 (the last episode shown on the BBC) They cant show anything after that due to Five aquiring the rights, just as Five cant show any old episodes as the BBC own them.

As they have now re-branded as a comedy channel it's unlikely they'd want them.

These days, UKTV tends to use Dave is its repeats channel, however, it looks like they couldn't even if they wanted to.

madnutter0102 05-12-2008 13:40

Re: Neighbours on UKTV Gold

uk gold stopped showin neighbours just after susan ran bridget down which made no sense as there were loads of episodes after that.

cablecrazy 06-12-2008 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 34690112)
As they have now re-branded as a comedy channel it's unlikely they'd want them.

These days, UKTV tends to use Dave is its repeats channel, however, it looks like they couldn't even if they wanted to.

Yes, but even after it was rebranded G.O.L.D they still showed the last of the BBC episodes.