Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kelly group (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33690250)

Gregors 18-10-2012 18:40

Kelly group

Just wondered if anyone had any information on Kelly group. They have offered me a job as a telecommunication engineer but very wary of taking it because have heard a lot of negative feed back about them.

Any information would be very much appreciated as I don't wanna change jobs and be screwed over.

Thanks again.

Greg.

judgey 18-10-2012 19:02

Re: Kelly group

is the job with Openreach BT ?

Gregors 18-10-2012 19:11

I'm not sure to be honest but that does ring a bell. Literally a woman phoned me up while I was at work today and just spilled lots of jargon to me. She said 9 days training in Coventry then go straight out on me own getting £25 an install.

I work on a building site for myself and I hate my job so I see that job and I applied for it. I've got three kids and a mortgage so I need to make the right decision.

Thanks for helping.

startoucher 18-10-2012 19:37

Kelly Group or Kelly Services (one and the same) both are recruitment agencies offering work, yes it's a good thing, but if they offer Temp to Perm steer clear mate. 12 weeks work and then they reject you, saying your "not suitable" agency wins by providing staff so get their cream and the company wins by getting your cheap labour.

Gregors 18-10-2012 19:44

It was such a brief phone call. Wasn't even an interview which really makes me think it's shady. To not be on a set wage is worrying as well cos if you onlY do 2 installs, £50 ain't gonna pay my bills lol.

Nearly everything i have read about Kelly group has been bad. I have no knowledge or experience in this sector so just need as much info as possible before I commit.

Thanks.

judgey 19-10-2012 19:24

what do they class as an install?. to me for 25.00 would be tv, internet and phone which could take upto 90 mins plus per job.

Gregors 19-10-2012 21:07

Not sure if I'm honest. They said people do 7,8,9 jobs a day but I'm guessing they just tell you that to get you interested.

I just don't know hat to do but my gut instinct is telling me not to take the job.

Arthurgray50@blu 19-10-2012 21:33

Put it this way, even if they gave me FREE cable tv/bb/phone for life, I would not take the job even if l was desperate.

In the Telewest days l applied for a job with there collections team, and l went with them for three hours going to homes in the Twickenham area. I realised why customers get fed up with the cable network and what they did, and that was enough for me, they called me three days later to say that they couldn't take on anymore staff as they were making cutbacks.

judgey 20-10-2012 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregors (Post 35486768)
Not sure if I'm honest. They said people do 7,8,9 jobs a day but I'm guessing they just tell you that to get you interested.

I just don't know hat to do but my gut instinct is telling me not to take the job.

well i work for Fujitsu on the VM contract and we do 5/6 jobs a day, all diff from a single bb install to a full install included are 2 x tv, bb and phone

anyway i fought MJ Quinns had the BT contract.

The Installer 20-10-2012 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregors (Post 35486424)
Just wondered if anyone had any information on Kelly group. They have offered me a job as a telecommunication engineer but very wary of taking it because have heard a lot of negative feed back about them.

Any information would be very much appreciated as I don't wanna change jobs and be screwed over.

Thanks again.

Greg.

Stay where you are in your current job!

Kelly's is NOT the way to go, you will be making a big mistake imo

Gregors 20-10-2012 21:06

I really appreciate all the feed back.

I work on a building site and really wanna change careers but I have 3 kids and a mortgage so I have to think logically not selfishly.

On the feed back I've been given, I'll be telling Kelly's group to find someone else.

Once again really appreciate your views.

Greg.

Martyn 20-10-2012 23:54

ask them for part time work??

Arthurgray50@blu 21-10-2012 12:12

I have heard many awful stories about Kelly's, and the worst thing is that VM or Telewest stuck with them - probaly because they are cheap.

The Installer 21-10-2012 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregors (Post 35487123)
I really appreciate all the feed back.

I work on a building site and really wanna change careers but I have 3 kids and a mortgage so I have to think logically not selfishly.

On the feed back I've been given, I'll be telling Kelly's group to find someone else.

Once again really appreciate your views.

Greg.

Good move, having worked for Kelly's in the past, i can assure you that you've made the right choice.

Granted you might not like your current job, but there are far far worse out there, one of which you've just avoided ;)

Gregors 22-10-2012 12:42

Telecommunications Installation Engineer (Residential).

This is the job I have been offered so just wondered if anyone knew what it involves.

Thanks.