Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Tivo Hidden features that suck! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685984)

ase001 29-02-2012 20:01

Tivo Hidden features that suck!

If a channel is removed from the EPG, the programmes previously recorded from that channel will not play. When you try to play the recording, a message pops saying you can’t watch this program since the channel no longer exists or words to that effect! Wonderful pile of ..........:dunce:

Wicked_and_Crazy 29-02-2012 20:02

Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!!!

That was well tested!!

mhatter67 29-02-2012 20:22

The interesting issue I had the other day was I could not watch any of my TiVo recordings because I assume they could not be verified! It seemed to be down to the right hand side of the 2 green lights not being on, rebooted problem solved:)

Derekb108 29-02-2012 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ase001 (Post 35390704)
If a channel is removed from the EPG, the programmes previously recorded from that channel will not play. When you try to play the recording, a message pops saying you can’t watch this program since the channel no longer exists or words to that effect! Wonderful pile of ..........:dunce:

this has nothing to do with Tivo, this has to do with there iptv system virgin now has in place all it does is verifies that you are subscribed to the channel if yes will play recording if not you get the messgage your not subscribe to that channel it was skys requirement doing for this requrement cause you could order the movie channels record alot of movies and then cancel after 30 days and still watch them not anymore

Skie 29-02-2012 20:38

Heh, so if they have a major channel re-org like they are due it will be entertaining.

JayAy 29-02-2012 21:43

Excluding Sky, I think you can still play the recordings by pressing OK rather than Play or the other way around. This came up some while ago when there were widespread network issues - it was before the latest firmware updates, so not sure if this will still work.

Digital Fanatic 01-03-2012 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ase001 (Post 35390704)

It's the same on V+HD for Sky channels that you no longer have in your subscription/or removed. On Sky it's ALL channels that are affected.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skie (Post 35390728)
Heh, so if they have a major channel re-org like they are due it will be entertaining.

Channels have unique identifiers, so EPG shuffles have no affect on recording or series links.

neilo 01-03-2012 07:20

Is this another chance for me to ask why can I not change the recording options presets anymore? The last big update took the option away. Bit of a joke really.

Also why can you only start a recording from the start or last viewed? Why can't I start a recording an hour in like you can do on Sky, or even on the old V+ (unless it was still recording which was also a bit silly) I'm getting fed up of fast forwarding to the kick off each time I record a football match, I just want to go straight there!!!!

Ooh, it's these little things that just really tick me off!

andy_m 01-03-2012 10:30

When fast forwarding, the ->| button will skip to the next green vertical line on the progress bar (normally every 15 minutes), which will at least get you to kick off a bit quicker.

ase001 06-03-2012 20:37

Do you know that when your internet goes down (probably someone will:o:), you can't watch recorded programs. How ridicules is that, if I released software as poor as this my company would get sued!!

The more I get to know the Tivo the more I think the software was developed by a bunch of Monkeys in a Zoo?
:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

andy_m 06-03-2012 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ase001 (Post 35394214)
Do you know that when your internet goes down (probably someone will:o:), you can't watch recorded programs. How ridicules is that, if I released software as poor as this my company would get sued!!

The more I get to know the Tivo the more I think the software was developed by a bunch of Monkeys in a Zoo?
:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

This isn't true.

(The not being able to view shows when the network is down bit-I've no idea who wrote the software).

Tim Deegan 06-03-2012 21:10

It appears that this isn't just the Tivo. I was told by Sky that when my contract ended (when I changed to the Tivo) that I would no longer be able to view anything that I had recorded on the Sky box.

carlwaring 06-03-2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilo (Post 35390876)
Is this another chance for me to ask why can I not change the recording options presets anymore?

Anymore? :confused:

Quote:

The last big update took the option away.
Again, huh? The last big update added default padding (-1/+4) to the already-available preset options. So I don't know what you mean. :confused:

ase001 07-03-2012 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35394234)
This isn't true.

(The not being able to view shows when the network is down bit-I've no idea who wrote the software).

This is true, the internet was down yesterday (ST4/ST5 post codes) and the Tivo box said it couldn't play any recorded material because it had no internet access!

Lew 07-03-2012 09:47

It can play recordings when the network's down. You just have to press play rather than OK.