Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : EPG - slow to update (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705185)

Raider999 27-07-2017 09:13

EPG - slow to update

Is there a reason Virgin are slow to update the EPG?

For instance

the entries for the 2 super rugby semi-finals were updated on Sky's EPG several days before Virgin caught up

Sky's EPG has the Rosenborg v Celtic 2nd leg on Prem Spts next Wednesday whilst Virgin has yet to update

Bofrok 31-07-2017 10:16

Re: EPG - slow to update

I see they still haven't sorted this out. The guide seems to be wrong from 11.45am on Wednesday onwards.

alwaysabear 31-07-2017 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bofrok (Post 35909968)
I see they still haven't sorted this out. The guide seems to be wrong from 11.45am on Wednesday onwards.

VM are slow to update any changes to the Epg , its always been the same.:(

trickytree 31-07-2017 14:21

Classic example the boxing on Channel 5 on Saturday night was cancelled the day before after 1 of them got injured however come Saturday night still in the EPG as Boxing when they put some film on instead but I didn't know what it was because the EPG was wrong.

alwaysabear 31-07-2017 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickytree (Post 35910016)
Classic example the boxing on Channel 5 on Saturday night was cancelled the day before after 1 of them got injured however come Saturday night still in the EPG as Boxing when they put some film on instead but I didn't know what it was because the EPG was wrong.

We are told the epg updates I believe four times a day, your example disproves this.

OLD BOY 31-07-2017 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35910032)
We are told the epg updates I believe four times a day, your example disproves this.

It may be updating four times a day but this will only be as accurate as the information put in manually, one presumes.

alwaysabear 31-07-2017 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35910034)
It may be updating four times a day but this will only be as accurate as the information put in manually, one presumes.

I know we have visited this many times, but I simply cannot understand why, if Freeview has a dynamic epg , VM cannot do it.

muppetman11 31-07-2017 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35910036)
I know we have visited this many times, but I simply cannot understand why, if Freeview has a dynamic epg , VM cannot do it.

Sky's EPG is updated by the broadcasters , last time I looked into it the EPG on Virgin TiVo was updated by Tribune Media based in the USA. I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Raider999 31-07-2017 19:11

Sky has had Rosenborg v Celtic on Premier Sports Wed 2nd Aug since last Thursday - still not on Virgin's EPG

Sky has also had Aberdeen's Europa qualifier Thurs 3rd Aug for a couple of days also on Premier Sports, also still not on Virgin's EPG

Updated 4 times a day my foot! We are paying good money for a service which we are not getting.

At least the Super Rugby Final is on sky Action at 7am on both sky and virgin EPGs - unfortunately, everyone knows it is going to be in the afternoon as the Lions are at home not the Crusaders.

Still can't blame Virgin for that one.

Bofrok 02-08-2017 10:57

Premier Sports listing has been updated