Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686272)

Andrewcrawford23 12-03-2012 19:56

Re: Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

well not that much rofl but it be a bit boring nto having some of your comment and opinions

qasdfdsaq 12-03-2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35398144)
everyone has, qasdfdsaq wanted to send out a search party but we didnt know where to look :)

Lulz.

craigj2k12 12-03-2012 20:16

ive lost count at the amount of posts saying "ignition would know, but he hasnt posted here for a while"

Ignitionnet 12-03-2012 20:26

I know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing.

qasdfdsaq 12-03-2012 20:32

Nothing*

* The same loose definition of "nothing" as Virgin Media's definition of "Unlimited", "Double", "Everyone" and "2011".

Superblade7 12-03-2012 21:09

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/03/39.png

Just done a few tests wired and there is little difference to be honest - the above is the highest upload speed I managed (varied from 2.5 to the above) so it would seem that it is like Ignition mentioned earlier and an interim upgrade to the download speeds. The upload has gone up a little though as the highest I ever achieved on 20Mb was around 2Mb.

So I'll say well done to VM on this occasion, they have delivered what they promised earlier than expected and made the £3.50 price increase seem a little more palatable now (just hope they throw in some more HD on the TV side too and make Superblade a happy boy!!!).

craigj2k12 12-03-2012 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35398169)
I know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing.

Thats because your a machine :D

thenry 12-03-2012 23:29

good stuff dude, post here mate > http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...ble-speed.html

Skie 12-03-2012 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superblade7 (Post 35398128)
Andrew,

I logged into My Virgin Media and just above the box with your bill info was a green box saying click for more info about speed upgrades. Clicked on that and then another box popped up stating my upgrade was 20 to 60 and advising me to click on the 'Upgrade Me' button.

It may only be available as and when your upgrade is ready to be rolled out.

Hope that helps, Superblade7

I get the same green box at the top: "We've started boosting our customers' broadband speeds around the country. Got any questions about when your area's getting upgraded or how it will affect your broadband?"

Clicking the link though gives me a nice yellow background with Sorry, there?s a problem and we can?t display your page at the moment. Which is fantastic :dunce:

Zee 12-03-2012 23:51

Had the same green box as you but no option to upgrade it yet. didn't think so either as 100Mb is not available in my area yet either.

thenry 12-03-2012 23:58

this might not mean much here skie but ive had glitches using Chrome in the past so i switched to IE.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

btw my areas not ready yet. check my thinkbroadband youd think id get 50 or 100 seeing as its semi ready but no! when i called to possibly upgrade it got declined saying my area isnt yet ready to carry the load. once upgrades are done ill be able to but heres the jaw dropping line i got which amazed me 'we've made mistakes upgrading people in the past but we've learnt from it and only advise higher speeds after the upgrade to be completly safe'

amazing stuff got to praise the women/women and then man for saying pretty much the same thing

Skie 13-03-2012 00:04

I tried it in Firefox and Chrome. I guess the web monkeys at VM just ran out of bananas.

thenry 13-03-2012 00:14

lol try IE

scrooge 13-03-2012 12:27

Sweet! Just clicked on the green box and ordered my upgrade (the doublespeed checker says April-July for my postcode LE3 2xx).

I'm on 20Mb without a superhub so a superhub is being delivered next Weds for a self install. yay!

Perfect Choice 13-03-2012 12:32

Logged onto My Virgin Media this morning, saw the green box for the broadband upgrade. Was surprised to see I could proceed to actually order the upgrade considering my area (Nottingham) is not due to be upgraded until October this year at the earliest.

Decided to proceed with the order submission to see what happens!

Currently on 20MB with SH/DOCSIS3 already installed; due an upgrade to 60MB. Order stated 60MB so can only be fulfilled as part of the speed doubling exercise as doesn’t exist today. Suspect this may be a very long order lead-time for me or I could get the download now and upload later?