Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : The death of Scottish football? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685600)

Andrewcrawford23 14-02-2012 14:58

The death of Scottish football?

With Glasgow Rangers FC about to go into administration within the next hour, the question people in scottish football should be asking is can scottish football survive without them.

My personal opinion is scottish football will struggle, even Glasgow Celtic will struggle depite wha tthere chairman says.

If rangers go bust which is very likely now it is pretty much garanteed the tv rights will have to be redone since the rights are depentent on rangers and celtic matches i dnt mean the old firm one thata serperate issue, so scottish football will be either without tv money or very little of what they get jsut now. most scottish teams depend on teh tv money so without it any that are in finical diffuculies are most liekly goign to go bust to liek hearts.

Now this begs a bigger question if this starts to happen quickly will there be a football teams to play in sotland season 2012/2013?

I think scottish footbal is now on the verge of it biggest shake up since it creation, the sply,sfl and sfa will have to completely redo scottish football leagues and enforce rules to make sure nothing liek this happens again

Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Edit make that glasgow rangers are in administration as of 10 minutes ago

Stephen 14-02-2012 15:21

Re: The death of Scottish football?

Yip right here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-17026172

Damien 14-02-2012 16:13

Scottish Football is already struggling badly. I think the end result of this will be the Old Firm being even weaker than it is at the moment.

chris9991 14-02-2012 16:31

Just the shame the taxman will lose all that money; someone else will have to pay I guess

colin25 14-02-2012 17:04

Have you watched SPl games? It is dire at best, even celtic vs rangers is pretty bad

So don't see it as doom and gloom..as it couldn't get much worse

Peter_ 14-02-2012 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35381898)
Have you watched SPl games? It is dire at best, even celtic vs rangers is pretty bad

You get to see some MMA though.:D

Chris 14-02-2012 17:45

For something to die, it must first be alive. ;)

colin25 14-02-2012 17:51

There was a time where Rangers and Celtic were saying they wanted to join the English leagues, so if that was ok then..why is it suddenly a death sentence to Scottish Football now?

Beware what you wish for...I only want a £1m from the lottery :D

Chris 14-02-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35381898)

I didn't fully appreciate the direness of the SPL until I attended a conference at Easter Road and made a point of wandering round the place until I found a window where I could look out onto the pitch.

The overall effect was comparable with Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers, English League 1) where I used to go on Friday nights (we all really wanted to go to Anfield but it was too expensive and the wrong side of the river :D ).

colin25 14-02-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35381925)
I didn't fully appreciate the direness of the SPL until I attended a conference at Easter Road and made a point of wandering round the place until I found a window where I could look out onto the pitch.

The overall effect was comparable with Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers, English League 1) where I used to go on Friday nights (we all really wanted to go to Anfield but it was too expensive and the wrong side of the river :D ).

Though to be fair..easter Road has always been a dire place :D

Hom3r 14-02-2012 18:08

From what I've been told the SPL is barely Champions league.

Andrewcrawford23 14-02-2012 18:17

the spl as it is , is a crap league i wont deny that but i mean teh wider picture if rangers go completely under can scottish teams survive and not go bust to because of the tv money going and the money comign from away teams getting rangers fan money

colin25 14-02-2012 18:30

maybe they need to only pay what they can afford...perhaps it becomes part-time..or youth league
To be honest, not sure I would notice any drop in quality

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Or, Man City's owners could buy Scotland :D

Stuart 14-02-2012 19:30

I don't think that Rangers will be last major team to be threatened with bankruptcy.. Even the English Premiere League is showing heavy losses.. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ces-black-hole

colin25 14-02-2012 19:40

Wages to players has become unsustainable...not sure what the %pay increases are, but they must be giving the bankers a good run

So for a few clubs to go to the wall means wages become a bit more realistic, I don't see that as a bad thing