Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What have you fixed lately? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694731)

Gary L 10-09-2013 21:14

Re: What have you fixed lately?

Fixed a Zanussi washer/dryer for a neighbour.

it does a diagnostic check when turned on, and because the heater element has gone faulty it won't even let you do a normal wash.
disconnect the wires to the element and it all works as normal.

apart from the dryer, which she never used anyway.

TheDaddy 10-09-2013 21:25

What have you fixed lately

My pregnant girl friend, with a coat hanger :shocked: :)

Osem 11-09-2013 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35620824)
The cooker hood / extractor:

The plastic lens where the light is has disintegrated so I had a rummage about in the garage and found some acrylic sheet offcuts. Managed to cut a new lens that fits inside the aperture from the inside and stops the lamp falling out. Good thing I hang onto odd and sods.

I hope it can stand the heat but fixed for now. :)

Odds and sods are what garages are for... :D

rogerdraig 11-09-2013 21:28

This week so far

1 hp laptop (why does no one back up their files)
1 nokia lumia 800 (why does my son not back up stuff before phone runs out of space and refuses to boot lol)
1 pram wheel
1 xbox 360 tray
1 air pistol (got it cheap as they had jammed it)

got a laptop and a ebook screen to fix next (one day i will start charging for it for now i just require coffee on tap ;) )

Taf 12-09-2013 14:38

An elderly neighbour's Large LCD TV was rattling like mad on all but minimal volume settings. I tightened some very loose screws holding the back panel on... sorted!

Osem 12-09-2013 14:54

Well done guys! I just love those simple fixes which make such a lot of difference and little or nothing.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35620848)
Fortunately I can still find the car when I need to.:LOL:

Can't recall the last time a car of ours was in the garage and that's saying something as it's over 26feet long and 10ft wide. So many things being saved for that rainy day... :D

Stuart 12-09-2013 15:22

At work: Loads of things..

Because of the amount of computers we use, we have special deployment systems to install OSes and Software on them.

My responsibility is the Macintoshes we have. I won't go into details, but one of the packages I am responsible for is Autodesk Maya. This would install via the system but would not activate with our licence server. Tried everything I could. I eventually found that it needed to be "registered" on the system it was running on, and the program used for "registration" was actually being run in a script that was running before the program was installed. Not sure how that happened, but I flipped it around and Maya works now.

Osem 12-09-2013 22:39

Don't you just love it when you fix something! :D

Gary L 12-09-2013 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35621114)
Can't recall the last time a car of ours was in the garage and that's saying something as it's over 26feet long and 10ft wide.:D

Isn't that the average size?

what you got? a Mini?

ThunderPants73 16-09-2013 20:15

Another sodding puncture in my bike tyre. Four in a month.

Osem 20-09-2013 15:59

My reading glasses - one of the lenses fell out but it's now carefully stuck back in place with super glue.

Angua 20-09-2013 21:45

Fixed the toaster which was causing the trip to switch. Plumbed in a dishwasher and made a temporary fix for a loo at work to stop it filling until the repair guy came.

Also mended the lid on the coffee jug and will no doubt be repairing or replacing the front inner tubes on my daughters and husbands bikes.

Osem 20-09-2013 22:09

Can you pop around here when you have a mo?.... :D

Osem 03-10-2013 16:43

Well done that man! :tu: I really should learn how to do some of this tecchie stuff.

tizmeinnit 03-10-2013 16:44

fixed up my old weight bench