Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33649493)

Tezcatlipoca 02-05-2009 23:21

How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

This requires that your Sky+HD box has the new EPG version.

Press "Services" on the remote control (or from the Guide go to "Options" on the top menu).

Press the down arrow, and then scroll across to "Add Channels".

Press "Select" or the down arrow, to highlight the frequency.

Using the number pad on the remote, enter the following frequency: 11.427

Press the down arrow, and use the left or right arrow to change the Polarisation from V to H.

Check that the Symbol Rate is 27.5 and that the FEC is 2/3, and adjust if necessary.

Press the yellow button to Find Channels.

Once it has finished scanning, find & highlight channel "10510" and press the yellow button to store it, and then press Select to continue.

You can now view ITV HD by going to "Other Channels" within Services/Options (it's next to "Add Channels") & pressing Select to reveal channel 10510 (ITV HD) & then pressing Select again to view it.

[As ITV HD is not in the actual EPG, the Guide & the Search/Scan banner will not show any schedule information for it. Also, I believe that you cannot use any of the Sky+ features on it (scheduled recordings, Live Pause, Instant Rewind, etc.) - although I think manual recordings should work.]

The ITV HD schedule is currently rather poor, but does apparently show some sort of football.

http://www.itv.com/Channels/HD/Weekl...e/default.html

frogstamper 03-05-2009 00:15

Re: How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

Is this a daft question:) why has ITV-HD not got its own channel number on the Sky EPG?

Turkey Machine 03-05-2009 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogstamper (Post 34787458)
Is this a daft question:) why has ITV-HD not got its own channel number on the Sky EPG?

It's a Freesat exclusive channel. What Sky have done is effectively allowed their boxes to tune it manually, but they're not obliged to put it on the Sky EPG (whose channels are highly coveted) until ITV and Freesat say they can. I'm not sure they'd agree with what Sky have done with regard to manual channels either.

Tezcatlipoca 03-05-2009 00:22

It's only officially available on Freesat.

Being on the Sky EPG requires paying Sky money. Sky & ITV have yet to come to an agreement over the addition of ITV HD.

EDIT: beaten by Turkey Machine

zing_deleted 22-06-2009 13:18

any idea yet when the rollout is expected to be completed on the epg update?

Chris 22-06-2009 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34787460)
It's only officially available on Freesat.

Being on the Sky EPG requires paying Sky money. Sky & ITV have yet to come to an agreement over the addition of ITV HD.

EDIT: beaten by Turkey Machine

I don't think it's about agreement so much as ITV (which is a partner in Freesat) trying to use ITV-HD one of the unique selling points of the Freesat service.

This will inevitably change in time, just as soon as ITV decides there is more commercial advantage in being on the Sky EPG than not being on it. I suspect they don't get any additional advertising revenue from the HD channel at present, so the limited extra reach they would get from being in the Sky EPG wouldn't make financial sense, seeing as they would have to pay to be in the EPG in the first place.

gautrey 15-03-2010 18:46

Hi

Can anyone help. I have tried adding ITV HD using the settings outlined in the forum, but it say no channel found in the EPG?

Any advice please.

Thanks

nodrogd 15-03-2010 20:33

ITV HD relaunches as ITV1 HD on April 2nd. It's been allocated Sky channel 178 from reading other posts.

D_Skids 17-03-2010 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gautrey (Post 34980882)
Hi

Can anyone help. I have tried adding ITV HD using the settings outlined in the forum, but it say no channel found in the EPG?

Any advice please.

Thanks

You wont see it in the EPG you have to go to the settings menu then more channels (or something similar I am at work so cannot say exactly)and pick it from there. Its a bit long winded compared to the EPG but better than not having it.

Also you cannot record or pause/rewind it.

NoKnowledge 17-03-2010 16:38

motion pictures speak a billion words

----

colin25 17-03-2010 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnowledge (Post 34981869)

Useful video..now all I need is a sky box and subscription :)

rabch23 19-06-2010 11:31

HI, Iv done the above and cannot find ITV HD in the list of available channels, it was there the first time i tried but something went wrong and it did not save into my "Othewr Channels" tab, and now i cannot find it again in the search. Any ideas gratefull

MadGamer 20-06-2010 12:48

Try keying in 178 on your remote when viewing another channel

Tezcatlipoca 20-06-2010 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabch23 (Post 35043723)
HI, Iv done the above and cannot find ITV HD in the list of available channels, it was there the first time i tried but something went wrong and it did not save into my "Othewr Channels" tab, and now i cannot find it again in the search. Any ideas gratefull

You don't need to add it manually any more, ITV1 HD is officially on Sky+HD now, no need to mess around with "Other Channels".

Just go to channel 178, as MadGamer suggested.

Kaney 25-06-2010 19:44

Thanks for the tip Matt. Now watching Chilie v. Spain in HD!
Great post man, much appreciated, cheers!