Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Your School Memories (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=27422)

Mick 18-04-2005 19:03

Your School Memories

We all should have some of these, they never fade away. Got any good ones, bad ones? Did you prefer Primary School days to Secondary School days? :D

smicer07 18-04-2005 19:05

Re: Your School Memories

I'm a teacher. No comment ;)

kronas 18-04-2005 19:07

fancying my french teacher wooot... i proberbly still do ;) in high school that is.

andyl 18-04-2005 19:10

Sneaking beer into school discos, fourth form fumblings, discovering drugs (it was a long time ago!), geography teacher throwing a blackboard rubber at me, PE teaching throwing the waxed end of the rope at my head, form teacher sending me out for saying 'fun' (he thought I said something else a little more risque and despir repeating it three times.....), form teacher insisting it would be better that I come to school in black shorts rather than brown cords for the last month of uniform wearing term after my school trousers wore out (hhm black shorts, wonder if he had right wing sympathies), my brother putting me in one of those big black bins and his mates sticking me on top of the locker, speeding during my Chemistry 'O' level (fail, unsurprisingly), being told it would be better to go to college rather than stay on at school, being sacked by a 12 year old for not being forward enough when I was 15. Oh happy days :)

Was that the sort of thing you meant?

Halcyon 18-04-2005 19:11

There were some here in this thread I started a while ago:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=23354

paulyoung666 18-04-2005 19:13

physcopathic woodwork teacher that took great delight in skimming your head with blackboard rubbers :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:

Mick 18-04-2005 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulyoung666
physcopathic woodwork teacher that took great delight in skimming your head with blackboard rubbers :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:

Our Woodwork teacher used to let us chew gum and listen to the radio. Said as long as we worked hard, thats all that mattered. :cool:

Stuart 18-04-2005 19:16

Got plenty. Some good, some bad.. I actually remember secondary school more clearly, but I think that's because it wasn't so long ago..

Unfortunately, if I typed some of the good memories of secondary school, I'd violate the site's T&Cs...

Actually I have gone through a few of them on here anyway. A few I haven't mentioned though.

One is that one of my friends was particularly good at athletics (the 100M Sprint) , so was "persuaded" by our PE teacher to join the Athletics team. He did not like it, but felt obliged to stay.

One day, we were on a school camping trip (somewhere out in the wilds of Kent), and the Minibus broke down. The teachers asked all the Athletics (and Rugby) team members to get out and push while the rest of us stayed in the Minibus.

Another time, we were in Downe (visiting Downe house). At lunch, the teachers told us to sit by the bus and eat our packed lunches. They went off to the pub, so we went to the pub over the road.

Oh, and the dress one of my Friends (V. nice looking girl before you get any ideas) was almost wearing at the end of 6th form party we had. Lets just say it was quite long, black, figure hugging and around 90% of it was almost transparent..

Bex 18-04-2005 19:54

first school: getting stuck in the school loos on the last day of school
we also had a teacher, who when we were sat on the "mat" at reading time, she liked us to stroke her feet :erm:

secondary school: locking our RE teacher (mr cross.. apt name methinks) in the stock room. in another lesson i asked if i could go and get some water from the fountain, he agreed and the whole class legged it, and someone got pushed into the pond. (funnily he was sacked)
every form tutor we had left the school (and most of the stopped teacing altogether) after a year with my class.

went on a D of E expidition, my friends and i were stood at the bottom of the hill smoking, luckily a teacher pulled up just after we'd put our ciggies out.... and then the "in" group got accused of being the ones who'd been smoking and were forced to clear out the chemical loos.
on the same trip one of the teachers was playing cards with us in the tent and another teacher came over screaming at us for making noise... she looked a bit silly when she realised who was making the most noise.

went on holiday with the school and we borrowed the mini bus from dad's school...dad told me to "look after" the mini bus... we were doing an activity near the bus and i fell over and knocked the wing mirror off.... for the rest of the week everyone told me to "stop winging it"
on the same holiday the others in my room stole the teachers sleeping bags, so they retaliated and put ice in one of our pillows... yep mine... so i made them feel guilty for the rest of the time away

uni: hmmmm not sure i can actually mention any on a family site ;)

i have loads of good memories, could go on forever:D

homealone 18-04-2005 20:02

hmm

infants school - in Cyprus - I caused a bomb scare when I dug up what turned out to be a pile of old military batteries - showed them to a teacher & they called the bomb squad.

primary school - in Kenya - it was quite dangerous eating sandwiches in the playground as the brown kites would swoop down & try & grab them, especially if you put them on your head & stood still ;). The 'craze' at the time was for marbles, we played either 'follows' or 'knock out of the ring' - unfortunately the tradition was to ceremoniously throw away your collection to all comers on your last day. Shame as some of them would be collectors items, now, I'm sure. Oh and we actually did play British Bulldog ;)

secondary - in the UK - boarding school, many many memories, some bad, some good. Bad was fagging, no girls, being bullied, cold baths. Good was the 'den' we built under the stage as a place to go for a fag, the 'all areas' hide & seek, which included the roofs, putting calcium carbide in puddles & lighting the acetylene evolved, riding my old BSA Bantam round the playground at the weekend...too much to tell really :D

Ramrod 18-04-2005 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronas
fancying my french teacher wooot...

Same here! Thats probably where I got my thing for 'the older woman' :D

kronas 18-04-2005 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod

i have to agree with that, the mature lady thing was certainly there in my younger days.... now im after something more my age, but im sure we all wouldnt mind a bit of experiance :p:

Gareth 18-04-2005 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronas
fancying my french teacher wooot...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod

She wasn't called Miss Lovie was she...? She was fantastic... at least that's how I remember her.

Dave Stones 18-04-2005 20:19

being a prefect (compulsory for all y11 students at my secondary school), we had to supervise the locker rooms at break and lunch. often i got the y7 boys locker room, like hell it was. we enforced discipline by using the empty lockers to shut the troublemakers in... :erm:

Monster Jedi 18-04-2005 21:30

Behind the bike sheds. What can one say https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2005/04/14.gif