Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Brexit discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705369)

denphone 05-01-2018 17:07

Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35931138)
How can you speak on behalf of Brexiters?

A lot of it was a storm in a teacup created by our clearly independent media..

Osem 05-01-2018 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35931130)
I think Remainers are the ones getting a bit precious at what colour the passport is over us Brexiteers, who don't care either way because it is NOT an issue when it comes to the corrupt EU.

Quite. Like most people I know I couldn't care less what colour our passport is but let's not let that stop some people claiming it's what Brexit was all about eh?...

1andrew1 05-01-2018 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35931142)
Quite. Like most people I know I couldn't care less what colour our passport is but let's not let that stop some people claiming it's what Brexit was all about eh?...

Who's claiming that? You're not, Mick isn't, I'm not, Mr K isn't, Denphone isn't

Osem 05-01-2018 17:39

Oh look yet more bad news all down to Brexit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/05/d...double-whammy/

How long can the UK survive without becoming Corbyn's Venezuela? :shrug:

:D

Mr K 05-01-2018 18:08

Oh good another Order Order link/ Corbyn/ Venezuela reference (whatever the subject) !

Happy new year , seems very similar to last year so far !

Mick 05-01-2018 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35931151)
Oh good another Order Order link/ Corbyn/ Venezuela reference (whatever the subject) !

Happy new year , seems very similar to last year so far !

Just wait until 2019. Year of Brexit. Can't wait until we are out of that pile of garbage corruption club. ;)

Osem 05-01-2018 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35931174)
Just wait until 2019. Year of Brexit. Can't wait until we are out of that pile of garbage corruption club. ;)

Yep and it's quite clear that some people will dispute facts when it suits yet come up with all sorts of anecdotal 'evidence' and other nonsense to support their views. It's a form of denial really and I guess it keeps them happy. :D

Oh look London's on the verge of collapse...

Quote:

London’s tech venture capital investment reached another all-time high in 2017 as firms raked in four times more cash than Paris, the nearest European rival.

Venture capital investment into the UK’s tech sector reached an all-time high of £2.99bn, almost double the total invested in 2016, according to figures compiled by data firm Pitchbook for lobby group London & Partners.

The UK’s tech firms, dominated by London, gained more venture capital investment in total than Germany, France, Spain and Ireland combined.
http://www.cityam.com/278258/londons...n-2017-venture

Due to Brexit of course... :D

Mr K 05-01-2018 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35931178)

You really should read these articles before linking to them old chap.

Quote:

. Paul McNabb, a managing partner at VC firm Episode 1, said some of the firms in his portfolio have already had difficulties recruiting skilled EU nationals.

While “doomsday scenarios” are unlikely to come to pass, a “chronic shortfall of talent” is a major concern within the tech community, he said. Recruitment in artificial intelligence, machine vision, and cloud architecture is particularly difficult, he added.
Stick to 'Order Order', you're on safe ground there...

Osem 05-01-2018 21:41

How are we ever going to survive outside the centre of the universe?... We're all doomed... The UK's going to become a banana republic... :D

Mick 05-01-2018 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35931185)
How are we ever going to survive outside the centre of the universe?... We're all doomed... The UK's going to become a banana republic... :D

It's better than listening to the sour grapes, though lately it's become just 'noise', that can be easily ignored. Especially if it's Tony Blair or Andrew Adonis. :p:

1andrew1 05-01-2018 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35931184)
You really should read these articles before linking to them old chap.

#awks

heero_yuy 06-01-2018 09:48

Quote:

London beat every other EU city to be crowned tech investment champion of 2017 despite the move to Brexit.

The capital had more technology money pour in than the rest of the top ten combined, including Paris, Dublin and Berlin.

Despite dire referendum warnings that they would leave, tech firms in London attracted £2.45billion in venture capital funding in 2017.

This was almost 80 per cent of the £2.99billion invested in Britain as a whole, according to funding database PitchBook.

British firms had almost four times the funding of German rivals.
Source

So much for remoaners prediction of money making a exodus to the EU. Another myth busted.

Osem 06-01-2018 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35931188)
It's better than listening to the sour grapes, though lately it's become just 'noise', that can be easily ignored. Especially if it's Tony Blair or Andrew Adonis. :p:

Yep it's mostly the same tired old guff from the same tired old people who reckon they're democrats but won't accept the referendum outcome and will do almost anything to reverse it. That's the true test of their belief in democracy. Anyway, it's become just so much white noise now which they generate to make themselves feel better. Meanwhile the UK moves on in the right direction and they continue with their even less credible predictions of imminent doom. Sad really...

Carth 06-01-2018 13:37

I see that a group of MEP's have written a letter asking if they can keep their snouts in the trough, and wanting that master of reality Tony Blair to join the discussions. They also say voters should have chance of a rethink . .

We should remember these names for future reference LOL

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...0-british-meps

Mr K 06-01-2018 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 35931252)
I see that a group of MEP's have written a letter asking if they can keep their snouts in the trough, and wanting that master of reality Tony Blair to join the discussions. They also say voters should have chance of a rethink . .

We should remember these names for future reference LOL

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...0-british-meps

You can add Nigel Farage to 'ze list' of 'traitors', who is quite happy to claim his £73k EU pension.

He's what I'd call a 'nasty hypocrite' ;)