Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : New TV Apps from December 7th (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705768)

Gavin-D 01-12-2017 11:06

New TV Apps from December 7th

From December 7th the Virgin TV Anywhere app will be replaced by Virgin TV Go and Virgin TV Control

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/s...9359&seg=email

OLD BOY 01-12-2017 11:41

Re: New TV Apps from December 7th

Nice one, thank you, Gavin. I might actually use this!

Joedm45 01-12-2017 13:15

Good news VM have finally got streaming sorted over 3/4G

I wonder if there will still be a two device limit and if we have to re-register devices when the app is released.

Edit: Just had an e-mail confirming two devices, can only assume it's the same as before.

JayAy 01-12-2017 15:21

I wonder if the browser support (or rather lack of browser support) and reliance on Flash has changed?

Gavin-D 01-12-2017 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayAy (Post 35927131)
I wonder if the browser support (or rather lack of browser support) and reliance on Flash has changed?

Quote:

Virgin TV Go is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.0 and above and these web browsers on Windows (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11) and on Mac OS (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari). Virgin TV Control is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.1 and above and Fire OS 3.2.8 or later.

Raider999 01-12-2017 18:38

Good to see virgin catching up with the times (sky has offered its version over 3G for years) previous incarnation was next to useless.

All we need now is to expand the range of the download your recordings facility, currently far to limited in my opinion

nomadking 01-12-2017 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35927165)
Good to see virgin catching up with the times (sky has offered its version over 3G for years) previous incarnation was next to useless.

All we need now is to expand the range of the download your recordings facility, currently far to limited in my opinion

The limits are from copyright issues and agreements. Any newer agreements are more likely to include downloading of recordings.

vincerooney 01-12-2017 20:08

I had 20Gb data and then got a renewal and told them i wanted the same data....what they didnt tell me is they were also offering 10GB free data. So basically i have 30GB data so i can finally just stream on 4G VM tv at last. I may just watch random sports on my mobile.

Questions tho

1) I assume one is the tv anywhere app and the other is a sort of remote control? Why couldnt they just shove them all together?
2) will we all be reset in terms of devices. So for example mum has it on her ipad and i have it on my iphone will i need to log both devices again or would i just be able to do one and then have to wait another month?
3) other than 3G/4G anything else blockbuster coming with these apps

nomadking 01-12-2017 20:18

Looked at the Email.
TV Go
Quote:

Stream live TV and Box Sets On Demand (if they’re part of your subscription) on up to 2 compatible devices, wherever there’s 3G, 4G or WiFi in the UK
TV Control
Quote:

Use it on as many devices as you like, wherever there’s
3G, 4G or WiFi

theone2k10 01-12-2017 20:19

So VM are copying SKYGO then pot kettle.

Raider999 01-12-2017 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35927175)
The limits are from copyright issues and agreements. Any newer agreements are more likely to include downloading of recordings.

Cannot come too soon for me. Only what I was led to believe I could do when I ditched sky for virgin in Feb

Stephen 02-12-2017 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedm45 (Post 35927106)
Good news VM have finally got streaming sorted over 3/4G

I wonder if there will still be a two device limit and if we have to re-register devices when the app is released.

Edit: Just had an e-mail confirming two devices, can only assume it's the same as before.

Surprised it took that long TBH, when I originally beta tested the app way back it had 3/4G streaming. But was then removed for public launch.

lonespeaker 02-12-2017 11:20

The new TV go app is very nice and works really well. After the fiasco of the my virgin app, this is a very welcome surprise

Mythica 02-12-2017 12:27

I wish companies would stop splitting apps up. From my understanding we will now need 4 apps for full features, this includes access to Sky sports and movies.

RobboEdin 02-12-2017 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 35927250)
I wish companies would stop splitting apps up. From my understanding we will now need 4 apps for full features, this includes access to Sky sports and movies.

Can you explain why it is so difficult for you?
How does splitting the app disadvantage you?

Mythica 02-12-2017 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35927268)
Can you explain why it is so difficult for you?
How does splitting the app disadvantage you?

I never said it was difficult. I just don't see the need to have 4 apps to gain access to all the features they offer. It's the same with Sony and the PlayStation app were they removed the messaging from the main app and made a dedicated app for it.

If there is some benefit of splitting the apps, at least tell us when they are making the change.

Joedm45 03-12-2017 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35927232)
Surprised it took that long TBH, when I originally beta tested the app way back it had 3/4G streaming. But was then removed for public launch.

I agree, so long overdue but they've caught up finally. I wonder what reasons they had to ditch it the first time around. Perhaps they didn't want their mobile customers complaining of using their data plans up 'without realising it' :rolleyes:

The two registered device limit still annoys me, I prefer the Amazon/Netflix approach of max 2 devices being used at the same time (or however many devices you pay for in the case of Netflix)

Oh well, you can't win them all, looking forward to trying the new apps when released though

theone2k10 03-12-2017 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedm45 (Post 35927325)
I agree, so long overdue but they've caught up finally. I wonder what reasons they had to ditch it the first time around. Perhaps they didn't want their mobile customers complaining of using their data plans up 'without realising it' :rolleyes:

The two registered device limit still annoys me, I prefer the Amazon/Netflix approach of max 2 devices being used at the same time (or however many devices you pay for in the case of Netflix)

Oh well, you can't win them all, looking forward to trying the new apps when released though

Sky have that same annoying policy with Skygo too only 2 registered devices 1 change a month unless you upgrade to skygo extra then it's 4 devices but still one change a month.

muppetman11 03-12-2017 14:36

I can't understand why people find it so shocking if I'm honest.

Joedm45 03-12-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35927331)
I can't understand why people find it so shocking if I'm honest.

I appreciate the reasons behind the limit but I find the 2 devices at any one time approach more logical.

nomadking 03-12-2017 16:57

The reason for the limits probably stem from the ease with which others could "borrow" the login details. If it was just tied to your VM BB connection, it would be easy to allow more devices.

vincerooney 04-12-2017 20:34

What happens then the apps change? Do we get all two "asset changes" back? I've got my mums ipad sorted and my iphone currently as the two devices.

If we just get the "1 a month" changes and its still just 1 change this month it means i'll need to get my mums ipad sorted first and then wait next month to do my phone?

BenMcr 07-12-2017 10:04

TV Go and TV Control are available on Android now.

TV Control is available on iOS, and TV Go is here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/virg...o/id1279877804 (for some reason doesn't show up in the App Store properly yet)

An app for Windows 10 will be available later today

TV Control for Amazon devices will be available later today.

Browser support is available for IE, Edge and Safari. Chrome and Firefox support should be available next week.

MichaelScofield 07-12-2017 11:48

The new Virgin TV GO app is actually quite good. I love the new UI, it's simple and good looking but they really should have updated the UI for Virgin TV Control.
I also like the most watched channels feature.
And maybe the new UI could also be a hint at what a new TiVo UI would look like.

RobboEdin 07-12-2017 12:15

...and don’t forget that you can choose which channels to display and their order.

chrispy2000 07-12-2017 14:32

Well I tried to use the old Tv anywhere this morning got a warning about new version. So when on the link and got to the app page and it wouldn’t let me download just had the open button which opened the old app. So I deleted the app. Found the TV go app and installed that. Eventually found the TV control app and installed it. Ran it and the old TV anywhere app opened. Uninstalled it tried again, same thing.
We should by now expect this sort of thing from Virgin. But we keep hoping thing work first time.

Actually i just had another look and was wondering if this was the TV control app has you can’t watch anything but you can set a recording. Maybe they’ve just removed the watching part of the old app.

MichaelScofield 07-12-2017 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy2000 (Post 35927849)
Well I tried to use the old Tv anywhere this morning got a warning about new version. So when on the link and got to the app page and it wouldn’t let me download just had the open button which opened the old app. So I deleted the app. Found the TV go app and installed that. Eventually found the TV control app and installed it. Ran it and the old TV anywhere app opened. Uninstalled it tried again, same thing.
We should by now expect this sort of thing from Virgin. But we keep hoping thing work first time.

Actually i just had another look and was wondering if this was the TV control app has you can’t watch anything but you can set a recording. Maybe they’ve just removed the watching part of the old app.

The TV Control app still looks the same as TV anywhere but it hasn't got live TV or on demand. It's mainly an app for use at home as you can stream and download from my shows still.

Gavin-D 07-12-2017 15:36

New TV guide launched online

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv-guide.html

Maggy 07-12-2017 16:01

So I can watch a show but I can't remote control because it can't find my Tivo box. Now I never had that issue with the old app.

Sirius 07-12-2017 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35927855)
So I can watch a show but I can't remote control because it can't find my Tivo box. Now I never had that issue with the old app.

The new app is working fine on my Samsung 7 and i can stream recordings from my V6 to my phone

denphone 07-12-2017 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35927865)
The new app is working fine on my Samsung 7 and i can stream recordings from my V6 to my phone

Yep it works tickety boo with us as well.

chrispy2000 07-12-2017 19:10

So the so called new app called Virgin TV Control is nothing more than a cut down version of the old TV Anywhere app

JayAy 07-12-2017 22:52

Well promises are one thing, reality is different; Not that I'm surprised, Chrome and Firefox not working.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...x/td-p/3593308

Mad Max 07-12-2017 23:03

It's crap!

alwaysabear 07-12-2017 23:14

Virgin should be embarrassed, obviously it has not been rigorously tested before being rolled out into the real world. All I can get is banners on a page, no content or anywhere to sign in.

Mad Max 07-12-2017 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35927922)
Virgin should be embarrassed, obviously it has not been rigorously tested before being rolled out into the real world. All I can get is banners on a page, no content or anywhere to sign in.

Me too mate, an absolute joke and an embarrassment!

Mr K 08-12-2017 08:35

I may of missed something here, but why on earth do we need two separate apps to do the job one used to do ? The streaming app seems to be a lot less reliable too, only got it to work once briefly last night, and it asked me to sign in again with every attempt to use it !

Itshim 08-12-2017 08:59

Just seen this .gave it a go works well.sorry guys using it on Firefox and chrome.

alwaysabear 08-12-2017 09:01

Yes it's now working on my windows PC and Android. Fixed it overnight!

Maggy 08-12-2017 09:12

One app was fine.However the other seems to be working now.

nomadking 08-12-2017 09:19

The Windows 10 App is now there, so you aren't forced to use Firefox or Chrome.

alwaysabear 08-12-2017 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35927971)
The Windows 10 App is now there, so you aren't forced to use Firefox or Chrome.

The windows 10 app stopped working on my PC after a while, so stupidly I did what I would do on android , delete the app and reinstall. Well all seemed ok it works until I try to stream something, message appears your maximum number of devices has been reached, even though I am using the same computer and when I check my devices it says my computer is registered. Lesson learnt.:(

AlabasterLyn 08-12-2017 10:43

I downloaded the new app yesterday but from what I can see it only does the same as the app it has replaced. I can't stream anything on my phone as it says it's not connected to the same network as the TIVO box, which is exactly what it used to say :confused:

Lyn

BenMcr 08-12-2017 10:51

What box do you have?

Henkesghost 08-12-2017 11:58

Despite being on the top tv package the virgin go app is telling me I have to upgrade my tv service to watch anything on demand :/

Gavin-D 08-12-2017 12:21

Just downloaded the TV app for windows working as intended

SonicMaster 08-12-2017 14:30

A bit of false advertising here:

Side-by-side, in another room, or on the go. Set entertainment free with the Virgin TV Go app and enjoy live channels, Catch Up and On Demand on your mobile or tablet wherever there’s WiFi, 3G or 4G in the UK.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv.html

Virgin TV Go includes live channels and On Demand box sets, but it does not (at least yet) include Catch Up.

vincerooney 08-12-2017 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 35927477)
What happens then the apps change? Do we get all two "asset changes" back? I've got my mums ipad sorted and my iphone currently as the two devices.

If we just get the "1 a month" changes and its still just 1 change this month it means i'll need to get my mums ipad sorted first and then wait next month to do my phone?

IYA

since no one bothered to reply and i felt really massively unpopular - i can announce everything has been reset so you can pick your two devices

Please mediaboy or denphone or friends reply to me in future a i was crushed with no reply for 2 days....it was a good question too!

spiderplant 08-12-2017 14:41

A bit OT, but what does "IYA" mean? :dunce:

alwaysabear 08-12-2017 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35927985)
The windows 10 app stopped working on my PC after a while, so stupidly I did what I would do on android , delete the app and reinstall. Well all seemed ok it works until I try to stream something, message appears your maximum number of devices has been reached, even though I am using the same computer and when I check my devices it says my computer is registered. Lesson learnt.:(

Pleased to say that when I contacted Virginmedia, I spoke to two nice guys who fixed my problem, took a while, still some teething problems, well done guys.

BenMcr 08-12-2017 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMaster (Post 35928051)
A bit of false advertising here:

Side-by-side, in another room, or on the go. Set entertainment free with the Virgin TV Go app and enjoy live channels, Catch Up and On Demand on your mobile or tablet wherever there’s WiFi, 3G or 4G in the UK.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv.html

Virgin TV Go includes live channels and On Demand box sets, but it does not (at least yet) include Catch Up.

It does have catch up content for channels such as Sky, Fox etc.

It doesn't have Catch Up from BBC, ITV etc as they are available within their own apps.

Gavin-D 08-12-2017 16:55

The new TV guide seems to have removed all the +1 channels

BenMcr 08-12-2017 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35928077)
The new TV guide seems to have removed all the +1 channels

The TV Go app only has the channels you can stream, so that doesn't include the +1s

TV Control will have the full EPG as that's used for recordings

Gavin-D 08-12-2017 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35928079)
The TV Go app only has the channels you can stream, so that doesn't include the +1s

It's the one online it had all the +1 channels before it all changed yesterday

BenMcr 08-12-2017 17:54

Yes, but the answer is still the same.

The TV Guide that's online is part TV Go i.e. streaming only.

SonicMaster 10-12-2017 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35928084)
It's the one online it had all the +1 channels before it all changed yesterday

It's shocking really that VM no longer offers a full TV Guide on it's website, people will have to use the Sky TV Guide or websites like the Radio Times if they want full listings now!

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35928066)
It does have catch up content for channels such as Sky, Fox etc.

It doesn't have Catch Up from BBC, ITV etc as they are available within their own apps.

I see Live TV and Box Sets but no Catch Up. The version of Virgin TV Go in Ireland has a specific Catch Up section so I don't get why don't.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35928079)

Bizarrely it does include the +1s for Channel 4 and More 4, either include all of them or none of them.

Raider999 10-12-2017 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMaster (Post 35928251)
It's shocking really that VM no longer offers a full TV Guide on it's website, people will have to use the Sky TV Guide or websites like the Radio Times if they want full listings now!

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

I see Live TV and Box Sets but no Catch Up. The version of Virgin TV Go in Ireland has a specific Catch Up section so I don't get why don't.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Bizarrely it does include the +1s for Channel 4 and More 4, either include all of them or none of them.

Surely you can see the full 'what's on' for all channels via the EPG - added bonus on VM is you get a full 2 weeks listings, unlike sky, freeview, radio times etc

Don't see why you need an app for this unless you are away from home.

nomadking 10-12-2017 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35928259)
Surely you can see the full 'what's on' for all channels via the EPG - added bonus on VM is you get a full 2 weeks listings, unlike sky, freeview, radio times etc

Radio Times tends to give 12/13/14 days. Eg 22nd Dec at this moment.

SonicMaster 10-12-2017 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35928259)

A lot of people like to be able to browse TV listings on their PC, and to be able to set recordings. We had this function with the TV Anywhere website and now we don't.

OLD BOY 10-12-2017 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35928261)
Radio Times tends to give 12/13/14 days. Eg 22nd Dec at this moment.

That's only because it's the Christmas period. Normally, we wouldn't see the 22nd until next Tuesday.

nomadking 10-12-2017 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35928294)
That's only because it's the Christmas period. Normally, we wouldn't see the 22nd until next Tuesday.

12-14 days ahead is the norm. It's the EPG that can lag behind.

OLD BOY 10-12-2017 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35928295)
12-14 days ahead is the norm. It's the EPG that can lag behind.

It depends where you are in the week. Come Monday, the Radio Times only goes up to the Friday.

When the new issue is published the following day, you can see 10 days ahead to the following Friday.

I don't know how you get to 14 days, unless you get an advance copy of the publication!

denphone 10-12-2017 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35928299)
It depends where you are in the week. Come Monday, the Radio Times only goes up to the Friday.

When the new issue is published the following day, you can see 10 days ahead to the following Friday.

I don't know how you get to 14 days, unless you get an advance copy of the publication!

We usually check our TV EPG usually early Friday and most channels apart from ITV show at least 12 to 14 days ahead as theirs at that point is only 8 days ahead until early Saturday.

nomadking 10-12-2017 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35928299)

I'm talking about online. It's been several years since I bothered with a print version.

jcm193 10-12-2017 22:38

Have channel like bt sports ,history and discovery been removed as iam not seeing them on my android phone

alwaysabear 10-12-2017 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcm193 (Post 35928320)
Have channel like bt sports ,history and discovery been removed as iam not seeing them on my android phone

Bt sport is there for me, History,H2 and a number of discovery channels are also available.

jcm193 10-12-2017 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35928322)
Bt sport is there for me,H2 and a number of discovery channels are also available.

Ive just upgrade to full house its showing as full house on my account but im not seeing those channels

alwaysabear 10-12-2017 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcm193 (Post 35928323)
Ive just upgrade to full house its showing as full house on my account but im not seeing those channels

It may take 24 hours to update your account . There have also been a number of issues launching this app. If in doubt give VM a ring tomorrow.

OLD BOY 11-12-2017 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35928310)
I'm talking about online. It's been several years since I bothered with a print version.

Ah, that explains it, thanks!

JayAy 19-12-2017 20:16

Can anyone explain how to remotely set a Tivo box to record a programme based on something in the TV guide now please? I'm completely flummoxed by the improved TVGo features* that we now have at our disposal.

* VM's oxymoron marketing is in full swing here.

AlabasterLyn 19-12-2017 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35927996)
What box do you have?

We've got the TIVO box.

Lyn

nomadking 19-12-2017 22:13

You need an Apple or Android device to use Virgin TV Control.

Crazy that with TV Go you can:-
Quote:

Reorganise your Virgin TV Go Guide – see your favourites first
Yet all you can do with it is view live or set a reminder.

It would seem that the problem is that there is no link to your Tivo within the TV Go App.

JohnWB 20-12-2017 11:24

This may be a daft question bit how do you select a date in the future when using Virgin TV App.

I can pick a time and date on my iPhone using the app but how do I get it to go to that time and date, I just cannot see anything to click to
make it happen.

nomadking 20-12-2017 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWB (Post 35929597)
This may be a daft question bit how do you select a date in the future when using Virgin TV App.

I can pick a time and date on my iPhone using the app but how do I get it to go to that time and date, I just cannot see anything to click to
make it happen.

Swipe left/right to change time. Touch left/right arrows to go down/up a day or touch date to select a day.

JohnWB 20-12-2017 11:38

Thanks for that, but you used to be able to select a time and day in the future without having to keep swiping.

It was much easier if you were going more than a week in the future.

RobboEdin 20-12-2017 11:41

You need to look very carefully.
On my old iPad Mini, the box to change date is completely white so it’s easy to see, at the top, The Now and Done button.
However, on my new iPad, running the latest iOS, it’s less obvious as, to the top of the white box, the Now and Done are in a box which is almost the same colour as the background.
If I knew how to attach a screenshot, I’d show you but suggest you press to the top right of the date change box.

RobboEdin 20-12-2017 11:47

1 Attachment(s)
Screenshot attached:

JohnWB 20-12-2017 13:15

On my iphone you can not see the Done button, but having read your answer I just assumed it was in the same place as the Now button but on the other end of the box and I was correct

Thanks very much for that, i cannot think of any reason why it should be so hard to find.

SonicMaster 22-12-2017 11:19

Is anyone else seeing lots of missing episodes on Virgin TV Go compared to Virgin TV Anywhere?

There are currently 8 'Virgin TV Exclusives', which are:

Ash vs Evil Dead
Billy & Billie
Chaussee d'Amour
Full Circle
Good Behavior
Imposters
Kingdom
Magic City

However, there are the following errors on Virgin TV Go:

Full Circle

On the carousel of 'Virgin TV Exclusives' it doesn't include Full Circle, see here and here.

It comes up in a search but when you select the show it displays a 404 error.

Magic City

It says 11 episodes are available but there are actually all 8 episodes of Series 1 but only 1 episode of Series 2.

Episodes 2 - 8 of Series 2 are missing.

Ash vs Evil Dead

Series 1 of Ash vs Evil Dead is missing from Virgin TV Go.

Series 2 is there.

Kingdom

Series 2 Episode 10 of Kingdom is missing from Virgin TV Go.

All the other episodes from all 3 series are there.

In addition, there are 3 programmes listed as 'Virgin TV Exclusives' that are not:

The Farmer Wants a Wife
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Killing Time

denphone 22-12-2017 11:28

You must have a fault SonicMaster as l have checked Ash vs Evil Dead and Kingdom thus so far and all the episodes seem to be there.

SonicMaster 22-12-2017 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35929800)
You must have a fault SonicMaster as l have checked Ash vs Evil Dead and Kingdom thus so far and all the episodes seem to be there.

Are you sure, on the app and website?

Gavin-D 01-01-2018 17:47

How are we meant to record HD channels from the online TV guide now??

nomadking 01-01-2018 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35930641)
How are we meant to record HD channels from the online TV guide now??

The TV control app. Select the programme and click on "Get Show" at the bottom and you will be presented with various options.

Gavin-D 01-01-2018 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35930645)
The TV control app. Select the programme and click on "Get Show" at the bottom and you will be presented with various options.

What a farce for making recording from your PC before clicked on the TV guide found the show and that was is VM have taken a step back here in regards to making recordings you can't even record HD channels easily now

:rolleyes:

nashville 03-01-2018 15:08

I am thinking of buying a Amazon Fire HD 10.1 at £149". 32GB, is this compatable for Virgin T V, app, Or a Samsung Galaxy A Android Tablet 10.1 16 GB at £179 , from John Lewis as they have a two year warranty , Which is the best please. Or can you recommend. One under £200".

nashville 03-01-2018 17:21

I am about to purchase a new tablet, from J Lewis as they have a two year warranty
1 Amazon Fire android 10.1 16 GB £149
or
2 Samsung Galaxy a Tablet Android m 10.1 16 GB. Which one is best for this app. for Virgin. £179 Would like some advice

muppetman11 03-01-2018 17:52

Aren't the Apps on Fire devices limited ? If so I'd stick with one that has access to Google Play.

nashville 03-01-2018 18:14

Looking for the one that has Virgin to go

RobboEdin 03-01-2018 18:25

Try reading here:
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol.html

nomadking 03-01-2018 18:26

Looks like TV Go not available for Fire devices, but TV control is.
Quote:

*Virgin TV Go is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.0 and above and these web browsers. Virgin TV Control is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.1 and above and Fire OS 3.2.8 or later.

dilli-theclaw 03-01-2018 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35930848)
Aren't the Apps on Fire devices limited ? If so I'd stick with one that has access to Google Play.

Depends how tech you are I have google play on my fire hd. But it. Wasn’t straightforward doing it.

nashville 03-01-2018 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35930858)
Looks like TV Go not available for Fire devices, but TV control is.

Thanks

OLD BOY 23-01-2018 11:22

Do any of you technical guys know if this development could be used by Virgin Media to bring a wealth of new content available to our V6s, if they had a mind to do so? This would transform the position we currently have regarding apps, and would be a neat way of providing access to VM viewers to Sky Atlantic (via Now TV) and Amazon.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20180123...#axzz550OyRCDN