Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704449)

EnglishMan 10-02-2017 20:06

BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!

The BBC was today forced to drop an anti English racist advert for Rugby. I always held the BBC in high regard, but this is disgusting and shocking! I never thought the BBC would be Anglophobic or promote Anglophobia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...laints-racist/

RizzyKing 10-02-2017 20:15

Re: BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!

Not really surprised as the bbc has become more political it's standards have plummeted i honestly cannot remember the last time we watched anything bbc related and I resent having to fund them.

EnglishMan 10-02-2017 20:22

Wether you watch the BBC or not we still need to have an inquiry as to why the BBC thought such overt racism was acceptable. Someone needs to be sacked and a lot of people need to be retrained.

I can see this becoming a massive issue on social media,

pip08456 10-02-2017 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishMan (Post 35885091)
Wether you watch the BBC or not we still need to have an inquiry as to why the BBC thought such overt racism was acceptable. Someone needs to be sacked and a lot of people need to be retrained.

I can see this becoming a massive issue on social media,

Of course any excuse to spend taxpayers money.

Taf 10-02-2017 20:46

Is English a race?

EnglishMan 10-02-2017 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35885095)
Is English a race?

Its a ethnic group, which means its a race these days. Apparently saying something negative about a muslim is racist, muslims are not a race. Voting to leave the EU was racist, the EU is not a race. There is only 4 real race classes on the planet. But saying the french stink is racist, saying Syrians smell funny is racist, Saying immigrants are thieves is racist, None of those are a race. Even saying the Welsh like to enjoy lovemaking with sheep is racist, the Welsh are not a race.

richard s 10-02-2017 21:36

English is a race ... a race to get out of the country...

Hugh 10-02-2017 21:36

English are an ethnic group?

Citation needed...

EnglishMan 10-02-2017 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35885103)
English are an ethnic group?

Citations, please?

No need, what makes you think the English are not a ethnic group? Why do you need proof?

The English are a nation and an ethnic group native to England, who speak the English language. The English identity is of early medieval origin, when they were known in Old English as the Angelcynn ("family of the Angles").

I suspect you're a very old man who does not understand the country he lives in, You probably think the Scots come from Ireland, this is not true. DNA is proving the Scots were Englishmen, they then migrated to Ireland. So the Irish are actually Scots.

Hugh 10-02-2017 21:40

Thank you, Wikipedia...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_people
Quote:

The English are a nation and an ethnic group native to England, who speak the English language. The English identity is of early medieval origin, when they were known in Old English as the Angelcynn ("family of the Angles")
Fair Use policy means you should link to the source you quote..;)

As you said in another thread
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishMan (Post 35885102)
Would anyone here class Wikipedia as a credible source? University's have banned it as a source.

EnglishMan 10-02-2017 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35885105)
Thank you, Wikipedia...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_people

Fair Use policy means you should link to the source you quote..;)

As you said in another thread

Where is your argument? I knew you would google the quote and expected your informed reply. But nothing? I feel let down by you, but then you're one of those old men trying to ruin the future of us young men. Is sitting on the internet quoting other peoples opinions really that satisfying? Because thats all you do, I on the other hand post my opinions, I'm a young positive forward thinking Englishman. Now go panic incase your benefits get sanctioned because everyone here knows you've been claiming them for years.

Hugh 10-02-2017 21:52

Actually, I had looked up English as ethnicity before you quoted, but please don't let reality spoil your victim complex...

However, how do you justify saying in one thread that Wikipedia is not a reliable source, then in another using Wikipedia as a source? (Without stating wiki as your source - poor form).

EnglishMan 10-02-2017 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35885108)
Actually, I had looked up English as ethnicity before you quoted, but please don't let reality spoil your victim complex...

However, how do you justify saying in one thread that Wikipedia is not a reliable source, then in another using Wikipedia as a source?

I don't. So about the BBC's racist comment, how do you feel about it? I suspect most educated users here spotted my comment about wiki, then using a wiki quote. I guess it went over your head old fella.

An I'm no victim, I am English and very proud.

Oh an hugh, I first used this site around August 2007, you have contradicted yourself so much about your "Army history" An various other nonsense stories I am 100% sure I'm not the only one that thinks you're a prat..

Hugh 10-02-2017 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishMan (Post 35885109)
I don't. So about the BBC's racist comment, how do you feel about it?

Excellent - so you don't feel the need to justify hypocrisy; well done, you.

Regarding the advert, I think it was silly - however, you strike me as the sort of person, who, if someone else had complained about a similar ad about something else, would have called them a 'special snowflake' or 'over-reacting'...

Pierre 10-02-2017 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishTrollMan (Post 35885096)
There is only 4 real race classes on the planet.

What are they then?