Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   please help! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33671152)

foster1 23-10-2010 13:58

please help!

Hi.
I need help wiring my virgin landline. i have a bt line coming in the house thats runs under the floor to two points. one is in the hall and the other is in the living room beside my virgin cables (one for the tv and one for the telephone). the bt cables and the virgin cable are all exposed so i have two of each colour. i'm not with bt anymore my tv broadband and telephone are with virgin. my question is how do i wire this up to get the virgin line working.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Stuart 23-10-2010 14:28

Re: please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean that you wish to add an extension socket?

foster1 23-10-2010 15:05

i have no dialing tone on either bt socket and where the virgin wires come into the house i have no box just wires. do i need to use both bt and virgin wires or one or the other

arcimedes 23-10-2010 15:18

you should have a Virgin master socket which looks just like BT master socket. Are you saying you havent got one for the virgin phone line?

If so it sounds as if you need to contact Virgin.

Just a thought, was it a self install?

foster1 23-10-2010 15:50

i think the virgin masterbox is under the floor. is there a way of fitting a masterbox myself or do i have to get virgin to do it?

arcimedes 23-10-2010 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by foster1 (Post 35112359)
i think the virgin masterbox is under the floor. is there a way of fitting a masterbox myself or do i have to get virgin to do it?

I will assume that the the Virgin master soclet is under the floor and the the cable you describe comes from it. this cable should have 4 wires coming from each a different colour. You will need to connect a telephone socket to it. (find one at homebase for example) the instructions with the socket will tell you how to connect the wires.

foster1 23-10-2010 17:19

Re: please help!

i have one set of wires that come from under the floor that i think are either the bt wires or wires from the virgin masterbox under the floor. the other set of wires come in through the external wall with the coax for the tv so i'm assuming these are the virgin telephone wires. i have a normal extention box that i'm trying to use, are you saying i need a master box? will i connect the masterbox to the wires coming through the wall or the wires coming up from the floor.

arcimedes 23-10-2010 18:06

I think the only thing to do is to phone Virgin as it is not at all clear to me on the layout.

teddy91 28-10-2010 10:45

I would call virgin out. they should have done this first time round??