Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Virgin Media Installation Dates (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33678716)

MarkyUK 14-06-2011 22:37

Virgin Media Installation Dates

Hey all,

I just ordered a bundle with Virgin Media, however the installation date is 2nd August!!

I was wondering - what are the chances if I call them to see if I can get a nearer installation date?

Waiting over a month on my current internet will kill me :p

Marky

Stephen 14-06-2011 22:41

Re: Virgin Media Installation Dates

Hi and welcome.

You can ask, however if that is the date you were given there probably isn't anything any earlier.

Peter_ 14-06-2011 22:42

I would call tomorrow morning as soon after 0800 as possible on 0845 454 1111 and try ordering your services that way and you may even get a better deal and an earlier installation date.

MarkyUK 14-06-2011 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35257900)
Hi and welcome.

You can ask, however if that is the date you were given there probably isn't anything any earlier.

Hey thanks :)

Okay - Well I think I'll try at least :p Can't hurt - I have BT internet at the moment, and it's awful :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35257901)
I would call tomorrow morning as soon after 0800 as possible on 0845 454 1111 and try ordering your services that way and you may even get a better deal and an earlier installation date.

The reason I booked online was that I could get £65 cashback with QuidCo, £100 off my first bill and free installation - I tried ordering over the phone yesterday but didn't get any sort of deal like that :( It sucks because I originally wanted two TiVo boxes (one upstairs and one downstairs) but I they said I had to order over the phone for that - So since they weren't doing any deals such as the cashback and £100 off the first bill, I went with just the one box :p

Peter_ 14-06-2011 22:54

Well for that kind of savings maybe the wait will be worthwhile but that is still a long time to wait.

MarkyUK 14-06-2011 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35257913)
Well for that kind of savings maybe the wait will be worthwhile but that is still a long time to wait.

I agree - As a VirginMedia staff member yourself - Do you know if it would be worthwhile calling every so often to see if they have a cancellation? Or would I be wasting my time?

Or in fact, as a staff member - can you bump me up to an installation date of tomorrow? Hahaha :P

Peter_ 15-06-2011 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyUK (Post 35257917)
I agree - As a VirginMedia staff member yourself - Do you know if it would be worthwhile calling every so often to see if they have a cancellation? Or would I be wasting my time?

Or in fact, as a staff member - can you bump me up to an installation date of tomorrow? Hahaha :P

You can call in for a cancellation any time and it might be worthwhile calling as soon as possible with you already having an install booked.

MarkyUK 15-06-2011 18:14

Alrighty - Just gave them a call and they were very helpful :) Got moved up to the 28th June - Under two weeks away :) Good times :)

MarkyUK 15-06-2011 20:44

Just thought of something!

I am currently on BT for my landline phones & Broadband and Sky for the TV.

I've got the pre-written letters off the Virgin Media website to cancel them. When should I send them?

Or would it be a better idea to ring them and tell them I'm ending the service?

Thanks,

Marky

Peter_ 15-06-2011 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyUK (Post 35258241)
Alrighty - Just gave them a call and they were very helpful :) Got moved up to the 28th June - Under two weeks away :) Good times :)

See I told you to give it a try and it worked.

I would ring BT ASAP and tell them you are cancelling the service.

MarkyUK 15-06-2011 22:19

And Sky?

Peter_ 15-06-2011 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyUK (Post 35258393)
And Sky?

Both sorry I missed that as it is getting late, up for 5am in the morning.:)

MarkyUK 15-06-2011 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35258396)
Both sorry I missed that as it is getting late, up for 5am in the morning.:)

Ahaha :) No probs :)

I'll call them tomorrow - When I do... Shall I tell them "I've gone with another service and it's being installed at the end of June" - Should they be able to keep their service going until then? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it will all work and when the services will switch :p

Peter_ 16-06-2011 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyUK (Post 35258444)
Ahaha :) No probs :)

I'll call them tomorrow - When I do... Shall I tell them "I've gone with another service and it's being installed at the end of June" - Should they be able to keep their service going until then? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it will all work and when the services will switch :p

Yes that should all you need to tell them.

iluvabargain2011 16-06-2011 14:36

Try getting, Sky etc to install, at the moment it`s a 2 week lead time, around Xmas it was 6 blimin weeks :(