Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Other ISPs Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sky Broadband Home Page ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=52262)

cpa01 07-09-2006 23:33

Sky Broadband Home Page ?

I joined Sky Broadband back on the 18th August, and the speed is very impressive, however does anyone know whats going on about accessing the Home Page with Login & Password to the Email and other services.
When you put the information in and press Login, it gets nowhere.

Paul K 08-09-2006 07:23

Re: Sky Broadband Home Page ?

URL???

cpa01 08-09-2006 08:01

http://www.skybroadband.com/portal/site/skybb

Does Not Work For Me

Paul K 08-09-2006 09:27

I take it you have checked the username and password and also made sure that pop ups aren't being blocked. I'd also check that cookies from that site are not being blocked as that could also cause it. Are you running any firewall software?

iain_herts 08-09-2006 13:31

hi what kinda speed are u getting from sky.

also i beleave the email part of it may not be active at the moment

cpa01 08-09-2006 20:05

Although I am on the Max package which runs at 16Meg, I have had to be capped back to 7.6 Meg because the tests on my line show that I cannot take more than 8 Meg on my line. This resulted in me loosing my connection all the time.
I have phoned Sky loads of times but to NO avail.
I have checked the Pop up Blocking etc, and I am now using a Google mail email with MS Outlook as this works on Sky Broadband. I shall have to get used to the fact that as far as I am concerned a Sky email is not available to me. I have been trying to login every day hundreds of times a day, I feel that it is now time to give up and make do with Google mail.
Would NOT pay them with Washers
:td: :mad: :Yikes:

derwie 16-09-2006 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain_herts (Post 34112680)
hi what kinda speed are u getting from sky.

also i beleave the email part of it may not be active at the moment

Hi Iain
That could explain things.
as when I try yo log on to ....@sky.com I get the message
"an error has occurred. This portlet is not available at this time" repeated 6 times.
But why do Sky set up without follow through?
I have, after a weeks delay getting the 'provisioning' sorted out, am now 'on' Sky for access to the Internet.
I can view web based mail and receive emails in to my Outlook Express In box but not 'send'.
I dont know if SKY is a POP3 or what so cannot set up the receive section.
There does not appear to be any skybroadband query site to find out what happens next.:td:

matt_2k34 17-09-2006 01:20

derwie you could try using a free service or get Kerio / ability mail server - set it up to cache all your emails - and it doesnt *Need* a server to send the email back ;)

And after looking at sky ads on TV seems abit rushed and sucky they havent finished setting it up ! :)

spike7451 18-09-2006 03:20

I now work for Sky Brordband.
The E-Mail is currently down & it is being worked on & there is a glitch in the log in system which results in the page refreshing.The is no solid fix time as yet.Sky also dont support POP3/outlook E-Mail.
The majority of Sky BB went 'live' on/around 7th Sept HOWEVER BT delayed a lot of activations for at least 48 hrs to avoid 'congestion' on the servers.
That is all I'm going to post so do not ask me for additional information as I'm not going to jeoperdise my job for you're internet connection.
Spike

Simcut 23-10-2006 02:55

Hey guys, what kind of upload speed are you getting on the max connection? :)

please let me know

cheers.