Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Moving from TalkTalk to Virgin (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684593)

Adam_swaine 13-01-2012 13:18

Moving from TalkTalk to Virgin

Hey everyone, convinced my step dad to upgrade to VM when I move back in.

Few quick questions, can I get VM installed first then TalkTalk canceled after as I don't really want any downtime.

How do I go about getting my landline number transferred, I know there is an option for this when you sign up online but is it as easy as that?

Also would getting VM installed first then TalkTalk canceled mess up the transfer of numbers, or would that not matter.

Random after question, does anyone know if the current price online is going to change soon, I know they had deals over Christmas, I'm hoping these aren't some kind of January sales!

Thanks

bubblegun 16-01-2012 01:06

Re: Moving from TalkTalk to Virgin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_swaine (Post 35361057)
Hey everyone, convinced my step dad to upgrade to VM when I move back in.

Few quick questions, can I get VM installed first then TalkTalk canceled after as I don't really want any downtime.

How do I go about getting my landline number transferred, I know there is an option for this when you sign up online but is it as easy as that?

Also would getting VM installed first then TalkTalk canceled mess up the transfer of numbers, or would that not matter.

Random after question, does anyone know if the current price online is going to change soon, I know they had deals over Christmas, I'm hoping these aren't some kind of January sales!

Thanks

If Virgin have a number porting agreement with talktalk then in theory you shouldn't need to cancel with them at all. Simply porting the number should be enough but remember you would need to check on this procedure with talktalk.

Your talktalk should then run to the date of the Virgin install when that service will start.

Adam_swaine 17-01-2012 12:06

Re: Moving from TalkTalk to Virgin

Thanks, yes got this reply on the TalkTalk forum;

"If you wish to migrate your number to another provider you will need to contact them directly to see if this is something they are able to arrange for you. Provided they are able to complete a migration they will place the relevant orders to BT Openreach. BTOR will in turn inform TalkTalk that you wish to cancel your service. At no point should you cancel your service direct with TalkTalk if you wish to keep your number and have a seemless migration to another provider. Cancelling direct with TalkTalk will leave you with no service and will mean you need to re-start a service with another provider. This can also mean you loose your telephone number.

Best of luck with your new provider."