Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V HD : Copying from V+HD to VCR problem (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683752)

swanseadave 13-12-2011 13:51

Copying from V+HD to VCR problem

Good afternoon,I`m Dave from Swansea and I`ve just joined.I hope someone can help solve the issues I`m getting.

As the title says I`m trying to copy two films from my V+HD box to VCR.

I`ve done my research and confirmed that the connections I`ve made are correct after seeing the diagram posted on here by member BBen(I think that`s right).

My first attempts to achieve this failed since my VCR has a switchable "Record Link"in the record setup menu which was "off".

It is now set to "on"and I tried again this morning.The result is that the sound track recorded but no picture displays,just a blue screen.:confused:

Oddly previously recorded material still on the VHS tape plays back normally.:confused:

If anyone can suggest a workaround to overcome this I`d be grateful.

Many thanks:)

Mr K 13-12-2011 13:53

Re: Copying from V+HD to VCR problem

Are you using the archive to VCR function ? Think it only outputs via scart this way.

swanseadave 13-12-2011 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35344713)
Are you using the archive to VCR function ? Think it only outputs via scart this way.

Sorry Mr K,I don`t know what you mean by that.

I`m setting up from the V+ box menu to copy from the V+ HDD to VCR/DVD then pressing "record" on the VCR.

As I said I only have sound on playback.

Mr K 13-12-2011 14:57

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Can only suggest changing/checking scart lead, putting the 'scart out' into a TV to check if it really is outputting correctly.

swanseadave 13-12-2011 16:30

Thanks,Mr.K I`ll try it.Now I think about it,although the scart is new it was cheap.Maybe a better quality one?

May take a while to test it:other priorities right now.

Your help is appreciated.:)

nodrogd 13-12-2011 19:06

Try reversing the Scart cable, as composite video travels both ways down the cable, if one connection or link is faulty the other may work. If you reverse it and then cannot play back from the VCR you will need to replace Scart lead.

If this is not the cause, make sure you are using the "VCR" scart on the back of the V+ and not the one marked "TV". If it's a Samsung it should be the top one to the VCR.

swanseadave 14-12-2011 09:50

That`s a point I hadn`t considered.I`ll try that this morning.

As to my V+ box,it is a Samsung and the scart connection is correct.

I`ll make the result known ASAP.

Many thanks.:)

Edit.After following your advice and reversing the scart lead a test copy works!

Very grateful to you.

Many thanks.Dave.:)

nodrogd 14-12-2011 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by swanseadave (Post 35345159)

Edit.After following your advice and reversing the scart lead a test copy works!

Very grateful to you.

Many thanks.Dave.:)

Well, saves you spending out on a new Scart lead.

Pleased to be of assistance. :)