Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Introduce a friend? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33678526)

Boaz 09-06-2011 13:58

Introduce a friend?

Hello :)

Now my son moved down to Cambridge he asked me to phone VM to introduce him as a friend so that I may get the 'Introduce a friend' reward.

After speaking to the lady on the phone she said that as my son is only taking the one feature - Broadband, that I won't be entitled to the ''Introduce a friend' reward.

Is that right or have I been palmed off?

Charliedontsurf 09-06-2011 14:13

Re: Introduce a friend??

No one knows, No one will ever know.

Virginmedia is run the same way as FIFA.

To receive the Connect a Friend credit, you must be an existing Virgin Media customer but not a Virgin Media National PAYG dial-up customer. Your friend must subscribe to any Virgin Media service (other than our Free TV only service), subject to status and credit checks

From HERE

Blackened 09-06-2011 14:17

I did this once but they came up with something obscure like there was no R in the month so I didn't qualify. Never bothered since.

nashville 09-06-2011 15:55

I don,t think that is fair, they would stil be getting the business.

Boaz 09-06-2011 16:00

First guy I spoke to said I qualified for it, then he transferred my call to Sales who then told me that I wasn't entitled as my son was only going for the one package, broadband.......I may phone them back!

Dave9946 09-06-2011 16:04

Almost like they forget they have the introduce a friend policy untill someone phones up to claim the credit lol.

There sure is an ever growing list of issues thats covered in there terms and policy that only virgin employees can see where the rest of us cant lol.

Boaz 09-06-2011 16:35

Re: Introduce a friend?

I decided to phoned VM back....they said I can still receive the 'refer a friend' reward just by adding my friend on their website which is good, although that remains to be seen. I'm hopeful.

Thanks Charlie for that link. :)

Your_da 10-06-2011 09:39

Yeah, I just added my friend on the website, they took care of the rest and added the money to my account. No hassle at all.

BenMcr 10-06-2011 10:21

Connect a Friend is via the website only, you can't do it by phone

http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave9946 (Post 35254801)
Almost like they forget they have the introduce a friend policy untill someone phones up to claim the credit lol.

There sure is an ever growing list of issues thats covered in there terms and policy that only virgin employees can see where the rest of us cant lol.

Terms are quite clear on the Connect a Friend website as to who is eligible and who isn't

Dave9946 10-06-2011 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35255112)
Connect a Friend is via the website only, you can't do it by phone

http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Terms are quite clear on the Connect a Friend website as to who is eligible and who isn't

Yeah, I gathered that after thanks for clarifying it though :) . But it would have helped if CS\Sales would have informed how to claim it in the first place assuming it was a qualifying claim of cause than the confusing respone he did seem to get.

BenMcr 10-06-2011 10:34

They should be aware as it is within the process information they have

e.g. 'Customer want's to connect a friend - inform them of the following website'

Boaz 10-06-2011 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave9946 (Post 35255116)
Yeah, I gathered that after thanks for clarifying it though :) . But it would have helped if CS\Sales would have informed how to claim it in the first place assuming it was a qualifying claim of cause than the confusing respone he did seem to get.

I'm a 'she'. :p:

But yeah, I agree with that, they should have told me on the phone the first time that I was able to do it via the website to qualify. I don't know if I will still get the reward, was told I would so we will see.

I don't see why it's online only though.

BenMcr 10-06-2011 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boaz (Post 35255124)
I don't see why it's online only though.

It's to make sure that it's all validated correctly and that customers can track the progress themselves rather than continually phoning up Customer Services which is what used to happen

ErnieBean 25-06-2011 13:31

A few years ago I recommended a friend, after the affect I heard nothing and received
nothing.

and since other incidents with VM, I would not recommend a stranger never mind a friend

nashville 25-06-2011 15:59

This is not really fair. did you complain to them about this, or was it a waste of time.

BenMcr 25-06-2011 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnieBean (Post 35263452)
A few years ago I recommended a friend, after the affect I heard nothing and received
nothing.

and since other incidents with VM, I would not recommend a stranger never mind a friend

The process has changed since then

Chad 01-07-2011 00:32

What do staff get if they manage to introduce a new customer to the company? Do they just get the same as the rest of us?

devilincarnate 01-07-2011 17:36

I wish I could do this but I have got no friends:(

Chad 02-07-2011 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35266682)
I wish I could do this but I have got no friends:(

You're a friend to everyone in this community. Only problem is we all seem to have Virgin already so your still stuffed:D

devilincarnate 02-07-2011 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35266909)
You're a friend to everyone in this community. Only problem is we all seem to have Virgin already so your still stuffed:D

Good one. LOL

BenMcr 05-07-2011 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35266443)
What do staff get if they manage to introduce a new customer to the company? Do they just get the same as the rest of us?

Depends

If staff go through the Connect a Friend process, then yes they get the same as everyone else

If they go through the Mates Rates, which gives the friend an offer on a specific set of services, the staff member gets nothing

Chad 05-07-2011 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35268629)
Depends

If staff go through the Connect a Friend process, then yes they get the same as everyone else

If they go through the Mates Rates, which gives the friend an offer on a specific set of services, the staff member gets nothing

Very interesting. What value do Mate Rate customers add to Virgin, if any? The only person who seems to be benefiting is your mate, on the rates.

BenMcr 05-07-2011 21:48

Well Virgin go from at the least £0 per Mate, to some ££ per mate, seems be be a positive to me

Chad 05-07-2011 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35268970)
Well Virgin go from at the least £0 per Mate, to some ££ per mate, seems be be a positive to me

Can't argue there.

Chrystal86 27-10-2011 23:16

Sorry to drag up an old thread but did a quick search on here for 'refer a friend' and found this thread so thought I would ask here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35263598)
The process has changed since then

How has the process changed exactly? The reason I ask, I referred a friend back in early September and Virgin contacted them and they went ahead and got Virgin broadband. He got his free installation (as advertised when I went to the refer a friend link) but what about my £50 credit? Am I meant to hear something from Virgin? because I haven't and I am just unsure how it works really. I have emailed them twice now, first time over a week ago and again the other day, via the link in my email that I received directly after entering my friends details last month
Quote:

You can keep tabs on your mates (and credits) by checking their order status. Just go to ....................
And when I go to the Refferal Status page it just says:
Quote:

Phone a friend
We’ve sent your friend’s details to our sales team. One of our agents will phone them soon.
:shrug::rolleyes:

I still haven't received a reply to any of my emails.

BenMcr 28-10-2011 10:49

You'll get your £50 after he's paid his first bill

Boaz 28-10-2011 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrystal86 (Post 35322042)
Sorry to drag up an old thread but did a quick search on here for 'refer a friend' and found this thread so thought I would ask here...

How has the process changed exactly? The reason I ask, I referred a friend back in early September and Virgin contacted them and they went ahead and got Virgin broadband. He got his free installation (as advertised when I went to the refer a friend link) but what about my £50 credit? Am I meant to hear something from Virgin? because I haven't and I am just unsure how it works really. I have emailed them twice now, first time over a week ago and again the other day, via the link in my email that I received directly after entering my friends details last month

And when I go to the Refferal Status page it just says:

:shrug::rolleyes:

I still haven't received a reply to any of my emails.

You would be better off phoning them and they send a query form on to the right department, although I had to do this twice. After 3 calls in total I did in the end get my £50 friend referral. Also what Ben said. :)

Chrystal86 31-10-2011 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35322179)
You'll get your £50 after he's paid his first bill

I understand that part of the process, but I just wondered if I am meant to be contacted by Virgin in anyway or is it a case of just checking my online monthly statement to see if the £50 credit has been applied.

I should have got the £50 by now seeing as it's nearly 2 months since my friends internet was installed so they would have paid their first bill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boaz (Post 35322186)
You would be better off phoning them and they send a query form on to the right department, although I had to do this twice. After 3 calls in total I did in the end get my £50 friend referral. Also what Ben said. :)

I think I will have to phone them then as I still haven't received a reply to my two emails.

japitts 06-11-2011 15:02

Is there any timescale from "recommending" the friend, to them receiving a call from VM? I recommended last weekend, and was expecting the new customer to hear from Virgin during the week at least. Nothing yet. I hope I haven't got to start chasing them and creating more problems... Telewest's lack of joined-up admin is one reason they've not had cable for several years.

nutellajunkie 09-11-2011 18:10

trust me, you will HAVE to fight to get your credit..

it took me FIVE sodden months to finally get the "oh yes, its here, you did introduce your brother"... and another two to get the credit showing up on my bill.

oh and that was after getting someone saying "he needs to pay THREE bills"...

why do we have to fight so much with Virgin these days?? Why cant they just be upfront and honest with us?

DJ Dave 13-11-2011 00:25

I gave in, got my sister to get BB in the summer did it via connect a friend and she heard nothing and got no free install and I never got my £50.

When I got in touch with them they just kept banging on about try the connect a friend website.

i am not scouse 16-11-2011 07:38

Hi chrystal I hope everything is sorted for you now, I was in the same boat as you I recommened a friend in September they took tvx3 boxes/phone/BB. I got in touch with virgin after my account wasn't credited with £50 after my friend payed there first bill, I did leave it a week or so first. On my first attempt I was told they had nothing on the system to show I'd referred a friend(it was done on the Internet+ I had the 8didget ref no) and that this ladies supervisor would phone me back!! Surprise surprise no phone call. I got back in touch and the lady I spoke to asked me did I have me friends account details? I said no the. She hung up on me. I wasn't happy so phoned strait back and the next person tried to palm me off with another " my boss will phone you back" I didn't except this I told her I would wait on the line and after 10 mins I spoke to the manager and got an apology and my £50. So my advice is if you havnt received it yet keep phoning, after all you got them more. Custom.

Chrystal86 15-02-2012 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutellajunkie (Post 35327877)
trust me, you will HAVE to fight to get your credit..

Very true. I wont bother referring another friend again, it isn't worth the hassle trying to get a reply to my query about why I hadn't been credited yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am not scouse (Post 35330863)
Hi chrystal I hope everything is sorted for you now

Hi i am not scouse, sorry for the late reply but yes all sorted now. I eventually received my £50 credit on my December bill. How I got it was through sending multiple emails, then because I never received a reply, well no, actually I did receive a reply but it was requesting further details (my friends account details) and when I supplied them with the details I never heard anything back... I then decided to send a complaint via email and basically said I was very annoyed, unhappy (about the lack of credit and emails being ignored) and that I wouldn't be referring any friends again, I also said that I have read multiple people on forums having to go through the same things trying to get their £50 credit. After sending that email I got a reply from a member of the customer complaints team and they apologised and told me my £50 credit would appear on my next bill.

I believe the £50 credit should have happened automatically. If I knew I would have to 'fight' for the credit I really wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

This, my internet being slow/poor and now the prices going up again... Virgin are't my favourite company right now :td: ;)

RichardCoulter 15-02-2012 23:06

All of our managers who live on the premises, who wish to have pay TV, are not allowed Sky, to encourage them to use VM. They then tend to use VM for their BB and landline too. I use the refer a friend scheme as a way to make a little extra money.

Most times I have faced the usual nonsense from frontline staff and have had to pull strings to get things sorted.

This should not have to be the case and is becoming tiresome.

Senior management have been informed that, should this continue, Sky dishes will be allowed on our premises.

It really does seem that VM and/or their staff seem to go out of their way to annoy customers- not acceptable.

H0ND0 24-02-2012 10:38

I introduced a friend almost two years back & am still waiting for the £sss.

Somehow I can't imagine for one moment it's going to arrive any time soon :rolleyes:

trickytree 24-02-2012 11:32

A friend introduced me and we were due to both get £50 credit each.

A few months went by and nothing so we both ended up chasing them for it. Not a good start but I have had no other issues with them ever.

RichardCoulter 06-03-2012 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by H0ND0 (Post 35387401)
I introduced a friend almost two years back & am still waiting for the £sss.

Somehow I can't imagine for one moment it's going to arrive any time soon :rolleyes:

I would certainly be complaining if I were you!

The Consumer Direct part of Trading Standards for your area should be able to help :)

badhairday 04-08-2012 23:26

Today I signed up a friend and VM sales were supposed to phone her. They have not yet although it is the weekend and the Olympics are in full swing.
So hopefully they will contact her soon, I would like to post here what happens...if anything.

Skie 04-08-2012 23:39

I signed up a friend a month or two back and VM never bothered to call them. He ended up joining a few weeks later. So I wouldn't hold out much hope. They also botched his install and had to go via the CEO's office to get it sorted out.

Really great first impression there VM. Numpties of the highest order sometimes.

nashville 05-08-2012 19:45

I recommended my granddaughter last Monday & she had in installed on the Thursday. She is delighted

badhairday 18-08-2012 11:08

My friend signed up on the Saturday and was contacted on the Monday with installation set for Wednesday. As I have heard in other posts the installation people wanted to set everything up as quickly as possible but we had to really insist that the tv setup be in the lounge and BB in the bedroom to get maximum wireless range throughout the flat. After a lot of moaning it was done.
Now I am waiting to see if I get my 50 quid credit:)

Cyni_cal 18-08-2012 20:03

I did introduce a friend years ago when it was 30 quid, and I got it.
I would never introduce a friend now, friendship is worth more than 50 quid.
The level of service from VM now I would almost certainly lose them as a friend.
I wouldn't introduce an enemy to VM.