Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   40 Nostalgic 90s Foods That Might Make Your Mouth Water Just By Remembering Them (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712322)

Dude111 06-12-2023 16:43

Below is a list of 90s foods that either got prohibited or canceled,with few still selling in the shops today.

Are there any discontinued snacks from the 90s that were your favourites?

www.boredpanda.com/nostalgic-90s-food

I liked from the list: HUbba Bubba,Chiclets,Candy Cigerettes,Fla-Vor-Ice,Quik,Animal Crackers,Square Pizza and Kool Aid :)

I like Kool Aid,Quik and Animal Crackers :) (Square pizza is awesome)

denphone 06-12-2023 16:51

Re: 40 Nostalgic 90s Foods That Might Make Your Mouth Water Just By Remembering Them

l miss Heinz sponge puddings.

Paul 06-12-2023 18:38

Re: 40 Nostalgic 90s Foods That Might Make Your Mouth Water Just By Remembering Them

Its an American list I think, so many were never in the UK.

Sweet Cigerettes as we used to call them, I love them.
You can still get them, just called candy sticks these days.

I still get ice-pops (in the summer), and still get Potato Sticks (Asda or Morrisons).

You can still get 7-Up (in the UK anyway).

Dude111 06-12-2023 20:40

Yes I think I have seen it here also (7 up)

I love those sweet cigs also!! (Much better for your health)

Stephen 07-12-2023 12:06

I recognise a few things on the list. Good old Vienneta, it wasn't a 90s thing in the UK though. First appeared in the 70s. It was always a sundy desert treat for us in the 80s. Usually with some tinned fruit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36165985)
Its an American list I think, so many were never in the UK.

Sweet Cigerettes as we used to call them, I love them.
You can still get them, just called candy sticks these days.

I still get ice-pops (in the summer), and still get Potato Sticks (Asda or Morrisons).

You can still get 7-Up (in the UK anyway).

Tesco and M&S do their own ones too.

TheDaddy 07-12-2023 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36166101)
I recognise a few things on the list. Good old Vienneta, it wasn't a 90s thing in the UK though. First appeared in the 70s. It was always a sundy desert treat for us in the 80s. Usually with some tinned fruit.

Tesco and M&S do their own ones too.

You can still get Vienneta, had some a few months back, Sarah Lee gateau's were great too and you can still get similar, caramac is being discontinued soon though, I remember golden cups and texans also there was something in later 90's called pilsbury toaster pockets which were immense, miss all them

Stephen 07-12-2023 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36166111)
You can still get Vienneta, had some a few months back, Sarah Lee gateau's were great too and you can still get similar, caramac is being discontinued soon though, I remember golden cups and texans also there was something in later 90's called pilsbury toaster pockets which were immense, miss all them

I saw viennetas in Tesco yesterday.

I remember them bringing Texans back in the early 2000's. Bought quote a number of them.

The wife loves Caramac and we bought a few multipacks in Home Bargins last week. The alternative is Milkybar Gold or the Cadbury Caramilk which is really nice