Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33692722)

MalteseFalcon 28-03-2013 22:26

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Or launch their own thread where they can discuss what they want without dragging this thread down.

gba93 28-03-2013 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35554217)
Or launch their own thread where they can discuss what they want without dragging this thread down.

Agreed

passingbat 28-03-2013 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35554217)

Technically, this is a cable forum thread which, MB started. It doesn't make it 'his thread'. It's a cable forum thread.

Why are people confusing discussion on presentation, with criticism of MB? Especially as people have already said that MB should post in whatever fashion he wants.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35554188)
Erm-hum, this is real channel snobbery :angel:

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Actually, that's more like boasting, and rubbing salt in VM subscribers wounds :D

paultrademark 28-03-2013 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35554225)
Technically, this is a cable forum thread which, MB started. It doesn't make it 'his thread'. It's a cable forum thread.

Why are people confusing discussion on presentation, with criticism of MB? Especially as people have already said that MB should post in whatever

Some people can't read obviously.

Stephen 28-03-2013 23:09

Ok, stop the inane chatter. Stick to the topic.

passingbat 28-03-2013 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35554233)
Ok, stop the inane chatter. Stick to the topic.

To be fair Stephen, you initiated discussion of the 'thread itself' rather than just discussing the topic of the thread.

harry_hitch 28-03-2013 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35554188)
Erm-hum, this is real channel snobbery :angel:

http://s15.postimg.org/f2kgi4j6z/thronea.png

Only if you care about over-rated TV shows, which Sky very cleverly market to make people think they are missing out on something special, when, in reality, they are not (in my opinion.) IF I cared about G.O.T. I will read the books. In fact I might just do that and give away some spoilers:erm::D:td::nono:
The only program I currently wish to watch is The Following, and prior to that Luck (only because of the excellent Dennis Farina though)

Qtx 29-03-2013 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry_hitch (Post 35554237)
Only if you care about over-rated TV shows, which Sky very cleverly market to make people think they are missing out on something special, when, in reality, they are not (in my opinion.) IF I cared about G.O.T. I will read the books. In fact I might just do that and give away some spoilers:erm::D:td::nono:
The only program I currently wish to watch is The Following, and prior to that Luck (only because of the excellent Dennis Farina though)

Game of Thrones is not over rated at all. Its so well done it compares in no way to any average tv series, its a quality production in every way. No one can deny that, even if its not the type of show they personally like.

I watched the first episode of The Following and even though it was good its not my kind of thing. Its that personal preference difference and the Atlantic channel seems to have at least one show for every taste, which is maybe why it appears so appealing.

As for the GoT, there is nothing to stop you reading the books AND getting the awesome eye candy and fast paced, jaw dropping tv series too :D

Media Boy UK 29-03-2013 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35554178)
Hi Media Boy, Is there any news on BT Sports channels, it say that they will launch in July, is there any confirmation on this yet

See post one.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35554182)
Mrs M has a couple of series links on E! It's not anything I'd watch but it will be used in my house. As, sadly, will Style - any confirmation of that coming in April, MB?

No confirmation other then TLC and TLC HD coming on April 30th.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35554179)
Gone very quite on the three new HD channels coming soon?

I think we will see them sometime after Monday.

harry_hitch 29-03-2013 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35554247)
Game of Thrones is not over rated at all. Its so well done it compares in no way to any average tv series, its a quality production in every way. No one can deny that, even if its not the type of show they personally like.

I watched the first episode of The Following and even though it was good its not my kind of thing. Its that personal preference difference and the Atlantic channel seems to have at least one show for every taste, which is maybe why it appears so appealing.

As for the GoT, there is nothing to stop you reading the books AND getting the awesome eye candy and fast paced, jaw dropping tv series too :D

It's very over rated in my eyes. I am all for "slow burners" but I could not get into it. Lots of people I know gave up on it too, so I can only base my judgement on that information. It may be difficult to fault some of its production values, but I dare some of the production values on the twilight movies are good too, it does not make them any good either. I am not

Atlantic simply does not appeal to me. If E4 disappeared, I would miss The Big Bang theory, but E4 would not appeal to me in the slightest. The same goes for Sky 1 and, for a time, Fringe. Sky 1 could disappear and I would not care. The same goes for numerous channels, but I know others watch a lot programs on those channels and I am happy to help pay for the enjoyment of others.

I guess this a difficult subject for me as I see T.V. as a luxury I am fortunate enough to be able to afford. If VM cancelled my contract tomorrow, I would not be overly upset (HD movies would be the main loss) and I would be happy to spend my money elsewhere:)

jj20x 29-03-2013 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35554250)
I think we will see them sometime after Monday.

Sometime on Tuesday? :shocked: ;)

Jameseh 29-03-2013 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35554264)
Sometime on Tuesday? :shocked: ;)

Usually is a tuesday, so hopefully.

Firmsky 29-03-2013 11:16

Don't subscribe to Sky Movies anymore but just browsing through what's new in on demand for XL and found Pirates of the Carribbean Dead Mans Chest. Says I'm subscribed too! Checked the Sky Movies catch up channel and it says I am not subscribed so clearly a boo boo on VMs part. Unfortunately the HD selection doesn't work.

Watch it before the remove it!

OLD BOY 29-03-2013 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35554155)
Media Boy, should Style be one of the April channel launches in your list?

No, Andy, because Style has already launched. It is no longer 'coming soon'.

andy_m 29-03-2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35554310)
No, Andy, because Style has already launched. It is no longer 'coming soon'.

Yeah I realise that now, cheers though. So much for staying on topic!