Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Other Digital TV Services Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Help needed - Losing sky+ signal. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33651871)

Oxford 1965 25-06-2009 21:34

Help needed - Losing sky+ signal.

We have had sky for five years at our current address with no problems.
We went away over may half term, returned home and found the picture pixelating, freezing or saying no signal is being received. My in-laws said it was down to the trees, blocking part of the signal. Sky came highered the dish on the pole, but with no real benefit.

We left it for a couple of weeks as it seemed to be alright again, only for it recently to go wrong again. This seems to be happening regardless of the weather conditions. We have two boxes in the house.

Sky are coming back on Monday to try to relocate the dish again.

PLEASE, is there anything that could be causing this, I can ask them to check, such as a problems with the LNB, waterlogged wiring....

They seem pretty useless really, the first guy came out shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing that could be done.

Graham M 25-06-2009 21:56

Re: Help needed - Losing sky+ signal.

In System Settings what are the signal levels like to each tuner, is it happening on both boxes?

Oxford 1965 25-06-2009 22:01

Yep on both boxes.

matt-h 25-06-2009 22:03

Could be the LNB ....especially as its affecting both boxes at the same time....

Would have thought tech support may have got you to try to reset it ( turn it off and then on again ) in the box settings..

workshoppete 25-06-2009 22:50

Well firstly ...did any of them measure the signal levels for strength and Quality ?? , ....that might give them a clue as to where the fault lies. If it's intermittant there best shot might have been to change the LNB...at least that way it would be eliminated from the the suspects if the fault recurred.

The best way to prove exactly what is the cause of the problem may be to try the digibox on another known good working dish, perhaps a neighbour's.,......... that way if it still goes wrong then it's the digibox thats faulty. If it behaves itself its a problem with the wiring/dish/lnb or it's alignment.

My gut feeling is that it's the digibox at fault.

All the best

Pete

Mick Fisher 26-06-2009 03:24

I had intermittant "picture pixelating, freezing or saying no signal is being received." It turned out to be birds perching on the LNB. Pigeon proofing the house has pretty much eliminated the problem.

paul greene 19-08-2009 19:38

does anyone know how to get the sky movies and sky sports back i have super box usb and i had everything until monday night i have all channels except sky sports and sky movies and bbc3 and 4 can i do anything to get them back please help if you can