Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   General : WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33613781)

wwe 08-05-2007 00:35

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

hi all does anybody know if the Spirit Squad will be coming bk i thought they all were great and only kenny has stay

so who whatching raw tonight
cena vs randy i want randy to win but u can tell cean will

wwe 09-05-2007 13:45

Re: WWE

Spoiler: 
have u heard edge is the World Heavyweight Champion he beat the undertake he cashed in his money in the bank i car't belive it

gazzae 09-05-2007 14:08

You should have put that in a spoiler as its not broadcast till Friday.

wwe 09-05-2007 14:13

Spoiler: 
i know they shoulde't have told us but i still car't belive he beat the undertaker car't wait to see it

whats next for edge? will undertaker get a rematch?

Russ 09-05-2007 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 34298757)
You should have put that in a spoiler as its not broadcast till Friday.

Done ;)

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34297245)
hi all does anybody know if the Spirit Squad will be coming bk i thought they all were great and only kenny has stay

The Spirit Squad were awful :D

wwe 09-05-2007 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34298816)
Done ;)

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

The Spirit Squad were awful :D

i think there great why do u think they were awful?

Media Boy UK 09-05-2007 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34298845)

They was awful. DX kick them back to High School :).

wwe 09-05-2007 16:30

do any of u think we will see hulk hogan again in the ring

gazzae 09-05-2007 18:46

I thought Hogan had a falling out with the WWE. Isn't he working for Memphis Wrestling now?

Russ 09-05-2007 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34298845)

They couldn't wrestle for toffee - that's why Mikey is the only one still around, he happily jobbed to Ric Flair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe
do any of u think we will see hulk hogan again in the ring

With a bit of luck, no :)

Media Boy UK 09-05-2007 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34299466)
They couldn't wrestle for toffee - that's why Mikey is the only one still around, he happily jobbed to Ric Flair./>

Kenny is only still on Raw due to him going out with WWE Diva Mickie James and WWE like to keep Boyfriend/Girlfrend together on the same Show.

Russ 09-05-2007 22:48

Did your VM insider tell you that?? :D

That's who I meant actually. Honestly watching them wrestle was painful. Their gimmick was over for about 3 weeks and it all went downhill from there. I marked out when they split though - the last I heard the rest of them were selling hotdogs outside the arenas :D

Media Boy UK 09-05-2007 22:57

WWE Diva Melina is Dating Johny ' Don't call me Monday' Nitro. WWE Diva Maria is Dating CM Punk. Matt Hardy is Dating WWE Diva Ashley.

Russ 09-05-2007 22:58

:confused:

wwe 10-05-2007 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34299588)
WWE Diva Melina is Dating Johny ' Don't call me Monday' Nitro. WWE Diva Maria is Dating CM Punk. Matt Hardy is Dating WWE Diva Ashley.

do u know any more

Media Boy UK 10-05-2007 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34298760)
Spoiler: 
i know they shoulde't have told us but i still car't belive he beat the undertaker car't wait to see it

whats next for edge? will undertaker get a rematch?

Here some bad news for all you Undertaker fans: The Undertaker has suffered a torn bicep. The injury occurred before the Backlash PPV, and worked thru the injury.
The injury is being considered very serious, because it appears his muscle tore completely off his bone. Undertaker has seen Dr. James Andrews Last Monday [ April 30th. ]. The Undertaker is set to be out for NINE months upto One Year.

wwe 12-05-2007 12:32

does anybody know when king booker and triple h are going to be bk

wwe 13-05-2007 03:51

have u heard its edge vs Batista at Judgment Day

Media Boy UK 16-05-2007 17:55

Sabu, Vito, Rob Conway and [ soon to coming to ECW ] Too Cold Scorpio has today been released from their contracts by WWE. During a meeting with investors last Friday, Vince McMahon announced that WWE will start producing their shows in High Definition TV in 2008.

wwe 18-05-2007 14:35

why they got rid of sabu for

Russ 18-05-2007 15:06

Because he kept turning up late to shows, sometimes without his kit.

Media Boy UK 20-05-2007 17:16

WWE announced earlier on their website that they have released ECW diva Ariel (Shelly Martinez), Scotty 2 Hotty, and Spirit Squad member Nick Mitchell.
They also released Angel Williams who was in their Developmental system.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Here is a updated card for Tonight Sunday's Judgement Day PPV:
WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. The Great Khali
World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge (c) vs. Batista
ECW Championship - 3 on 1 Handicap Match
Vince McMahon (c), Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley
WWE United States Championship - 2 out of 3 Falls Match
Chris Benoit (c) vs. MVP
Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
Ric Flair vs. Carlito
CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke

Also Gregory Helms will be out for an year following surgery to repair two broken vertebrae in his neck. The surgery, which will be performed by Dr. Youngblood in San Antonio, Texas on Monday, will be similar to that undergone by such Superstars as Edge and Chris Benoit, and recovery time will be at least one year.

Media Boy UK 21-05-2007 09:59

Spoiler: 
Ric Flair def. Carlito;

Bobby Lashley def. ECW World Champion Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga (3-on-1 Handicap Match);

CM Punk def. Elijah Burke;

Randy Orton def. Shawn Michaels;

World Tag Team Champions The Hardys def. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch;

World Heavyweight Champion Edge def. Batista;

MVP def. United States Champion Chris Benoit (2-out-of-3 Falls Match; new champion);

WWE Champion John Cena def. The Great Khali

WWE Judgment Day Results

Niles Crane 21-05-2007 10:09

Other than this years Wrestlemania, i havent really watched WWE in well over a year. What's happened to the brand split? Judgement Day is usually a Smackdown! PPV, so why were all three brands appearing?

Media Boy UK 21-05-2007 10:12

WWE are not doing Brand PPV anymore to get more people to buy them in the US.

Media Boy UK 21-05-2007 12:34

Randy Orton def. Shawn Michaels;

Quote:

A wounded and concussed Shawn Michaels gave it his best effort at Judgment Day before collapsing in the ring. Due to the collapse, referee Marty Elias was forced to stop the match and award the victory to Randy Orton.

WWE’s Dr. Ferdinand Rios forbade Shawn from competing. But he didn’t listen, as when Orton demanded to be announced as the winner by forfeit, a visibly woozy Michaels stumbled his way to ringside.

Unfortunately, even the heart of a champion and spirit of a warrior that HBK possesses wasn’t enough on this night. Orton wisely and opportunistically focused his attack on Michaels’ head, knocking him silly seconds into the bout. Finally, after a few minutes of pounding, referee Marty Elias stopped the match after Shawn tried to attempt Sweet Chin Music but simply fell flat on his back.

With a sadistic smirk, Orton added insult to injury by dropping HBK with a post-match RKO before WWE’s medical team and even HBK’s wife Rebecca rushed to the ring to check on the fallen Showstopper. The Legend Killer simply smirked and left the ring as Michaels was loaded onto a stretcher and wheeled out with a visibly upset Rebecca right by his side.

Although it was under dubious circumstances, the Legend Killer claimed another victim at Judgment Day. Shawn Michaels gallantly gave it his all, but after another brutal beating, only time will tell whether he will ever be the same again.
From WWE.com.

The Shawn Michaels story line from last night is due him suffered a knee injury and is rumored to be very serious so he needed some time off WWE TV.

1pm update:
Quote:

According to Dr. Rios, HBK will have to be out of action for an undetermined amount of time due to the concussions. Shawn Michaels has battled back from numerous injuries before, including a severe back injury that cost him four years and nearly ended his career….but this is different. The brain is perhaps the most vital part of a sports-entertainers body, and if brain function is impaired, a Superstar could put himself into a dangerous position by stepping back into the ring.

HBK may never be 100 percent again, and speculation is rampant that this may be the straw that finally breaks the proverbial camel’s back. Let’s hope that the events of the past few weeks didn’t kill the legend of Shawn Michaels once and for all.
Update from WWE.com.

Also although not mentioned on WWE.com, Mark Canterbury (aka Henry O. Godwinn), was released earlier this week.

Media Boy UK 23-05-2007 12:24

WWE Saturday Night Main Event is coming back on Sunday the 3rd of June at 4.30am UK time on Sky Sports 3.

Then ECW One night Stand is on Monday the 4th of June at 1am UK time Live on Sky Sports 1.

Info from Sky Sports.com.

gazzae 23-05-2007 12:49

How come some PPVs are on Box Office and others are shown on Sky Sports? Is it just the really big PPVs that are on Box Office?

Russ 23-05-2007 12:51

Sky have only got the rights to make a charge for certs PPVs - the ones which are free are the ones they poached from Channel 4.

Media Boy UK 23-05-2007 12:59

As part of the FIVE-YEAR deal Sky signed with the WWE back in 2004.

Sky One have got: an one hour highlights show every week.

Sky Sports have got: 8 PPV Live, WWE Raw Live, WWE Smackdown ( Uncut and Family ), WWE Raw ( Uncut and Family ), ECW, WWE Heat ( Uncut and Family ), WWE Highlights shows ( Uncut and Family ), 8 WWE One-off shows ( Uncut and Family. When the PPVS is on Sky Box Office. ) and WWE Saturday night Main Event ( Uncut and Family ).

Sky Box Office have got: 8 PPV Live.

wwe 27-05-2007 19:30

does anybody know if The Great Khali can speak english couse i heard he was in a moive once and spoke english but in wwe he does't

Russ 27-05-2007 20:19

He speaks very basic english and needs a translator for most situations. He spoke some english in The Longest Yard but that's about his limit.

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 10:35

Shawn Michaels underwent successful knee surgery last week. Early word going around is that he could return in the Fall.

WWE will air a special 3 hour edition of Raw on June 11th. Rumors have started that all three brands will be on this episode and could feature another draft lottery. Again only rumors at this time. I wonder if this would be a good time to bring Triple H back to TV in some capacity

Russ 28-05-2007 10:39

Nah, he's scheduled to return early July.

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 10:47

WWE Saturday Night's Main Event(TM) Telecasts from Toronto this Monday for Air on Saturday, June 2nd.

Key matches include:

- WWE Champion John Cena and the 7-foot, 3-inch 420-pound titan The Great Khali squaring off in a prelude to the highly anticipated rematch for the WWE Championship at the "One Night Stand(TM)" pay-per-view on Sunday, June 3rd.

- Batista and Chris Benoit VS World Heavyweight Champion Edge and United States Champion MVP

- The WWE's strangest and smallest going head-to-head in a match that can only be seen to be believed

Note: Sky are showing this on Saturday night at 9pm and 4.30am on Sky Sports 3 & also on Sunday at 1.30pm on Sky Sports Xtra.

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34315276)
Nah, he's scheduled to return early July.

Maybe he will be back on TV an month before he can go into the ring.

Russ 28-05-2007 10:50

Can't really see that happening. It's a possibility but his fans will be rabid to see him in action again.

gazzae 28-05-2007 12:12

Anyone been to see the WWE live?

I got tickets off ebay for Raw when it comes to Belfast in Oct.

Even though its not a TV broadcast I take it all the big stars will be there anyway?

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 12:18

Yes they will be in Ireland has they are going to tape the TV show for that week in England. They may be join by the ECW Superstars on that show night show in Ireland so you may see an Raw star vs an ECW star on that night show.

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 19:54

If you haven’t noticed recently, WWE has banned the shooting star press and the 450 press. Paul London did a shooting star plancha at a recent show and was told by Mr. McMahon if he tried it again, he would fire him on the spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34315273)
WWE will air a special 3 hour edition of Raw on June 11th. Rumors have started that all three brands will be on this episode and could feature another draft lottery. Again only rumors at this time. I wonder if this would be a good time to bring Triple H back to TV in some capacity

The June 11th edition of RAW will feature the draft lottery special.

Russ 28-05-2007 20:04

They banned the shooting star press after Billy Kidman accidentally knocked Chavo out with it. I spoke to Kidman at a UK show last year and he told me they were looking for a reason to ban it fomonths.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34315344)
Yes they will be in Ireland has they are going to tape the TV show for that week in England. They may be join by the ECW Superstars on that show night show in Ireland so you may see an Raw star vs an ECW star on that night show.

I love the way WWE annouces UK tours as appearing in "Birmingham, England" etc.

Yeah, like how many other Birminghams in the UK are they likely to be appearing in??

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 20:11

They have got Birmingham in the U.S.

Russ 28-05-2007 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34315663)
They have got Birmingham in the U.S.

Your point being...? ;)

Quote:

I love the way WWE annouces UK tours as appearing in "Birmingham, England" etc

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 20:17

Sorry I did not read your post right before posting.

wwe 29-05-2007 00:18

what happened to hbk at the ppv in the ring was that real or was he asked to do it

Russ 29-05-2007 09:26

It was a work - he's got a badly messed up knee, needed time off for surgery so a storyline was made to explain his absence.

Media Boy UK 30-05-2007 14:57

That was the 2nd time WWE has ask him to do that Story line. He did it at an WWE Raw show in the match with the late Owen Hart back in 1995.

Media Boy UK 01-06-2007 11:27

The following matches have been taped for Saturday Night’s Main Event on Sky Sports 3 this Saturday at 9 p.m

- WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Great Khali (non-title)

- World Champion Edge & U.S. Champion MVP vs. Batista & Chris Benoit

- Fit Finlay & Hornswoggle vs. Boogeyman & Little Boogey

- Kane, Eugene & Doink The Clown vs. Kevin Thorn, Viscera & Umaga

- ECW Champion Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley in an arm wrestling match

- Ashley Massaro, Kristal Marshall, Mark Henry, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Candice Michelle, Extreme Expose and Michelle McCool will also appear on the show

Cavarius 01-06-2007 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34299588)
WWE Diva Maria is Dating CM Punk.

*Envy*:(

Media Boy UK 03-06-2007 17:53

Sunday WWE News Round-up

Here is the final card for this tonight's WWE One Night Stand PPV: [ Live on Sky Sports 1 ]

- John Cena vs Great Khali (Falls count anywhere for WWE Raw Heavyweight Title)

- Edge vs Batista (Cage match for the WWE Smackdown Heavyweight Title)

- Vince McMahon vs Lashley (Street fight for the ECW title)

- The Hardys vs Haas & Benjamin (Ladder match for Raw Tag Titles)

- Melina vs Candice Michelle (Pudding match, non title)

- CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, & Sandman vs Elijah Burke, Marcus CorVon & Matt Striker (Extreme Rules)

- Kane vs Mark Henry (Lumberjack Match)

- Rob Van Dam vs Randy Orton (Stretcher Match)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34310102)
WWE announced earlier on their website that they have released ECW diva Ariel (Shelly Martinez), Scotty 2 Hotty, and Spirit Squad member Nick Mitchell.
They also released Angel Williams who was in their Developmental system.

Two weeks ago Shelly Martinez (a/k/a Ariel) was released from WWE. The reason why backstage was that she didn’t have the “right look”. This is Vince’s nice way of saying “you’re not pretty enough”.

Vince was negative on Martinez from the very start, but was persuaded by Heyman to bring her up last year. Vince never understood the idea of goth characters and likes divas with the “model” look. With Heyman gone from the company Martinez had very little support backstage.

Some rumors circulated that she was released over an incident with Batista, however these are apparently false.

With the draft lottery coming up on June 11, here are some names that may be changing brands. There has been talk of Chris Benoit either moving to Smackdown or ECW. William Regal moving to Raw is a possibility, as he is friends with Triple H and wants to do singles, and move away from tag team competition. There has been discussions of moving Mr. Kennedy to Raw, but his logical next feud would be with Edge when he returns to action. Booker T moving to Raw also makes sense with the Smackdown roster strong on the heel side.

HBK vowed to still work the Judgment Day PPV against Randy Orton, but made the decision his knee was injured too seriously and suggested WWE script an injury angle to explain why he couldn't wrestle.

WWE is hopeful that Shawn Michaels will be able to return back in time for the Survivor Series, marking the 10th anniversary of the famous Michaels vs. Bret Hart screw job double cross.

With all the recent injuries, there have been more talks internally about bringing back Chris Jericho.

Team 3-D is more likely than not to finish their careers in WWE. They are not rushing back to WWE just yet. But Devon and Bubba Ray are certainly for it. Devon is really pushing for the team to return even if he has to go as a singles wrestler for a short while.

wwe 04-06-2007 01:04

i hope the great khail wins tonight cean going down

Media Boy UK 04-06-2007 09:50

Steve Romero (real name Todd Romero) has left WWE.

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

WWE One Night Stand Results:

- Rob Van Dam def. Randy Orton (Stretcher Match)

- ECW Originals def. The New Breed (Tables Match)

- The Hardys def. World's Greatest Tag Team (Tag Titles Ladder Match)

- Mark Henry def. Kane (Lumberjack Match)

- Bobby Lashley def. Mr. McMahon (ECW World Title Match)

- Candice Michelle def. Melina (Pudding Match)

- Edge def. Batista (World Title Cage Match)

- John Cena def. The Great Khali (WWE Title Falls-Count-Anywhere Match)

Media Boy UK 04-06-2007 18:59

WWE News update:

The Great Khali continues to suffer from knee problems. Obviously he has been working through the pain and there is no word that he will be taking any time off.

wwe 05-06-2007 14:07

how long is hbk out for?]

Cavarius 06-06-2007 14:21

The Cena vs Khali match was a little bit of a let down. I was expecting them to go go all round the arena. I can remember a Mankind matchup like that which was awesome when they were round the back using anything they could pickup on eachother (can't remember who his opponent was). But maybe they've stopped that now.

The FU off the crane was pretty good. Would've been better if it was onto that Nascar though. ;)

The pudding match was pointless but I'm not complaining.:naughty:

I'm interested in seeing where this McMahon mental breakdown goes.

gazzae 06-06-2007 14:29

What happened at the start of Lashley's match? When Lashley went to dive out of the ring he appeared to grab the rope and fall awkwardly, he still hit Umaga with his boot. Was it intentional or did he misjudge where Umaga was and grabbed it to save himself.

Media Boy UK 06-06-2007 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34321647)
how long is hbk out for?]

November 2007.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 34322372)
What happened at the start of Lashley's match? When Lashley went to dive out of the ring he appeared to grab the rope and fall awkwardly, he still hit Umaga with his boot. Was it intentional or did he misjudge where Umaga was and grabbed it to save himself.

I think Umaga forgot to move to that side of the ring.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavarius (Post 34322368)
The Cena vs Khali match was a little bit of a let down. I was expecting them to go go all round the arena. I can remember a Mankind matchup like that which was awesome when they were round the back using anything they could pickup on eachother (can't remember who his opponent was). But maybe they've stopped that now.

You may think that the John Cena VS The Great Khali was bad on Sunday Night be the is having knee problems right now and the WWE need him to work through the pain until after June 11th.

wwe 06-06-2007 15:45

why do they want the great khail to work till june the 11 why not give him a week or 2 off i think he a great superstar and i don't want to see him out for ages with knee problems

Media Boy UK 06-06-2007 16:07

The Raw main event Superstars are having problems with some part of their body { Hunter and HBK and so on ) or the WWE need them to move to Smackdown { Edge ) so they cant give Khali time off untill they move some superstars from Smackdown & ECW onto Raw this Monday. I think the WWE may move CM Punk & Batista to Raw.

Media Boy UK 11-06-2007 11:32

Cena vs. Edge to kick off WWE Draft night. Tonight on WWE Raw, a match between John Cena and Edge will kick off the show at its special start time of 1AM on the Sky Sports 3. The matches on tonight’s Raw will be interpromotional, and each match will affect the WWE Draft. The winning Superstar of each match will earn his (or her) brand the next WWE Draft pick. Also, don’t forget, tonight is 'Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night'. Info from WWE.com.

gazzae 11-06-2007 12:18

Wonder where they are going with the whole crazy Vince thing.

Media Boy UK 11-06-2007 19:11

Monday latest news:

There are reports coming out of Portugal that a fan was arrested at a WWE house show. Apparantly as Candice Michelle was walking up the entrance way, a fan groped her breasts.

Lauren Jones, who had a 'cup of coffee' with WWE a few years back, will co-star in an upcoming FOX series. The show entitled 'Anchorwoman'.

Media Boy UK 11-06-2007 23:01

Over the past week, on WWE.com the WWE asked THEY fans what they wanted to see happen in this year's draft. Below are the results: Edge Go to ECW - 39%, Lashley Go to Raw - 52%, Matt Hardy Go to Raw - 62%, Marcus Cor Von Stay on ECW - 38%, Elijah Burke Stay on ECW - 46%, Randy Orton Go to ECW - 44%, Batista Go to Raw - 44%, Maria Stay on Raw - 53%, Chris Masters Go to ECW - 52%, RVD Stay on ECW - 36%, Ric Flair Stay on Raw - 41%, Mark Henry Go to ECW - 56%, MVP Go to ECW - 43%, Umaga Go to ECW - 54%, CM Punk Go to Raw - 53%, Matt Striker Stay on ECW - 56%, Snitsky Stay on ECW - 53%, Kelly Kelly Go to Raw - 50%, Kane Stay on SmackDown - 35%, Go to Raw - 35%, Carlito Go to ECW - 42%, The WWE Draft looks to shake things up.

Media Boy UK 12-06-2007 03:58

WWE Draft Results
Pick no. 1: SmackDown selects The Great Khali
Pick no. 2: ECW selects The Boogeyman
Pick no. 3: Raw selects King Booker and Queen Sharmell
Pick no. 4: ECW selects the Rabid Wolverine, Chris Benoit
Pick no. 5: SmackDown selects Torrie Wilson
Pick no. 6: SmackDown selects Chris Masters
Pick no. 7: Raw selects ECW Champion Bobby Lashley
Pick no. 8: SmackDown selects “Nature Boy” Ric Flair
Pick no. 9: Raw selects Snitsky
Pick no. 10: Raw selects Mr. Kennedy

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 ----------

WWE officials have announced that WWE.com will host a Supplemental Daft Wednesday at 5pm. Look for additional Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW to switch brands and find new homes. All the details will appear on this page from Wednesday at 5pm.

wwe 12-06-2007 20:04

whats happened to Mr. McMahon i heard his limo blow up
is this a storyline

Russ 12-06-2007 20:08

Yeah it's just a work.

wwe 12-06-2007 22:32

when do u think vice will be bk when i seen it on there web site a bit of me thought it had really happened in really life i was looking on the usa news papers site trying 2 find out

gazzae 13-06-2007 09:52

Wonder if Fit Finlay planted it!!

Russ 13-06-2007 10:32

:eek: :D

wwe 13-06-2007 12:12

why have they done a storyline like this for where they make out vince is might be dead

KillswitchEdge 13-06-2007 12:39

Because it's a Television Show, it's not real life...This is admittedly an extreme storyline, nobody in wrestling history that I can remember has ever been "killed off" in a storyline before. There were a few dodgy moments revolving around death (Big Boss Man stealing Big Show's father's coffin, that was sick but comical at the same time) but I dont ever remember someone supposedly dying.

My guess is they wanted to kill off the "Mr McMahon" character and this will end up being a "whodunit?" storyline resulting in everyone's favourite Irishman being the prime suspect :D:p:

I'm kidding about that last part of course ;)

On a separate note: Kennedy on Raw! Woo! It's about time he gets to the main stage.

Smackdown can say what it wants about it being the better brand, but it sucks horribly and right now I actually prefer ECW over Smackdown. Once Kennedy recovers from his injury (probably about a month to go) Raw is gonna explode.

Russ 13-06-2007 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillswitchEdge (Post 34327535)
Smackdown can say what it wants about it being the better brand,

I'm sorry? SM being considered the better brand???

I agree with what you say about Mr Kennedy..........Kennedy - he'll be holding gold before the year is out.

Media Boy UK 13-06-2007 15:13

Due tp the late Mr. McMahon ( ? ) limo blowing up on Raw this past Monday. WWE officials have announced that they have postphone a Supplemental Daft on Wednesday. Look for additional Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW to switch brands and find new homes. The new date for a Supplemental Daft is Sunday at 5pm. All the details will appear on this page from Sunday at 5pm.
News from WWE.com.

wwe 13-06-2007 15:29

they should not be alound to kill vince off he is the boss really i think they should not be alound 2 kill any superstar off i hope the storyline ends with him coming bk to and being able to stand in the ring again

KillswitchEdge 13-06-2007 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34327572)
I'm sorry? SM being considered the better brand???

I agree with what you say about Mr Kennedy..........Kennedy - he'll be holding gold before the year is out.

Aye, I remember quite a few times where Michael Cole and JBL would say how Smackdown is the superior brand and such and I always shook my head in that silent "I cant believe you buy that crap" way that I've mastered ;)

Smackdown only has a handful of superstars worth watching, yet they have the biggest roster.

Edge, MVP, London and Kendrick, Jimmy Wang Yang (his angle is pathetic but his in ring skills are amazing), JBL on the mic, Finlay and maybe Chavo and Matt Hardy are really the only ones with any talent on that roster, and aside from Edge, MVP and on a rare occasion Finlay, the rest are midcard jobbers most of the time (London and Kendrick's title reign excluded of course)

Looking at the draft I cant help but wonder if maybe the WWE are going to bury Smackdown completely. The ratings in the States have been declining for Smackdown in recent months, and when you look at the Draft and who moved from Smackdown and who moved to Smackdown, you can't help but wonder if maybe its a bad sign for Smackdown.

Kennedy -> RAW
Booker -> RAW
Benoit -> ECW
Boogeyman -> ECW (I'm still scratching my head over that but he's a physical guy, maybe it will work out well for him)

Thats 3 huge names heading out of the brand, now look at who's heading in:

Khali -> Smackdown
Ric Flair -> Smackdown
Torrie -> Smackdown

A guy who cant wrestle, a guy who really is past his prime (though I am a huge Ric Flair fan, really, I do think he should call it a day) and a Diva who can't wrestle.

It really does look to me like Smackdown's being buried, but there's still some considerable talent left over there as far as crowd draws, like Taker, Batista and Kane, so maybe once this supplemental draft takes place it may look a little more lively for Smackdown, but right now Raw's looking sh*t hot with the additions of Kennedy, Lashley, Booker and maybe even Snitsky as a new monster heel.

As for Kennedy holding gold by the end of the year, I'm hoping for a lot sooner really, he's phenominal, both in the ring and on the mic. I marked out so badly when he did the Green Bay Plunge on Hornswoggle from the ladder, a classic comedic moment! I hope for as much from Kennedy as I do from Orton.

Orton, I consider truly to be one of the potential greats, but he needs to get his act together and stop all the backstage drama, but that's a story for another time.

Media Boy UK 13-06-2007 19:11

Wednesday WWE News Round-up:

-I have got info on how WWE taped the exploding limo footage, WWE had a team of professional stunts from Zenith Pyrotechnology heading up the operation.

Permits to produce the stunt was acquired a week ago which made for great timing considering The Sopranos ended on Sunday with what many people consider an unsatisfying finale according to Andy Kratz who was involved with the stunt.

With the beauty of video editing, WWE managed to combine the footage taped on Saturday and Sunday as well as the live feed into one dramatic scene. If you look closely, you will notice that while Vince is walking towards the limo, there is no water next to the car on the floor while once the shot was cut from a different angle you can notice water on the floor.

The scene was then cut to the pre-taped segment once the angle was switched, with one take of Mr. McMahon coming in and closing the door and one take from the exact angle the limo exploding.

Media Boy UK 17-06-2007 21:17

WWE Hall of Famer “Sensational” Sherri is dead. She was 49.

She was a WWE Women Champion for 15 months in the 1980's then she was a manager to likes of “Macho Man” Randy Savage, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase and Shawn Michaels in the WWE before joining WCW in 1994. In WCW she was a manager to Ric Flair and Harlem Heat won seven WCW Tag Team Championships with her.

The next edition of Saturday Night's Main Event will air on Sky Sports on the 18th of August.

WWE Draft Extra Sunday Results

Pick No. 1: Raw selects Paul London and Brian Kendrick from Smackdown
Pick No. 2: SmackDown selects Kenny Dykstra from Raw
Pick No. 3: ECW selects Viscera from Raw
Pick No. 4: Raw selects The Sandman from ECW
Pick No. 5: SmackDown selects Hardcore Holly from ECW
Pick No. 6: ECW selects The Miz from Smackdown
Pick No. 7: Raw selects Daivari from Smackdown
Pick No. 8: SmackDown selects The Major Brothers from ECW
Pick No. 9: Raw selects William Regal from Smackdown
Pick No. 10: SmackDown selects Victoria from Raw
Pick No. 11: Raw selects Jillian Hall from Smackdown
Pick No. 12: SmackDown selects Eugene from Raw
Pick No. 13: ECW selects Johnny Nitro from Raw

Media Boy UK 23-06-2007 14:28

ECW Diva Trinity has been release by WWE.

Media Boy UK 25-06-2007 12:13

Chris Benoit was replaced by Johnny Nitro. Due to "Personal reasons.”

Vengeance: Night of Champions Matches Results

World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch def. The Hardys
Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero def. Jimmy Wang Yang
Johnny Nitro def. CM Punk to win the vacant ECW World Title
Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella def. Umaga (DQ)
United States Champion MVP def. Ric Flair
WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce and Domino def. Sgt. Slaughter and "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
World Heavyweight Champion Edge def. Batista (Count out; Last Chance Match)
Candice Michelle def. Women's Champion Melina
WWE Champion John Cena def. King Booker, Randy Orton, Bobby Lashley & Mick Foley (Challenge Match)

wwe 25-06-2007 20:11

last nights ppv was great its about time they have all the belts on the line at the ppv that is how it should be

wwe 25-06-2007 23:13

just read this chris benoit and his family have been found dead

Russ 25-06-2007 23:18

:eek:

Link please?

wwe 25-06-2007 23:19

wwe.com

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Russ 25-06-2007 23:26

Terrible, terrible news. Yet another awesome talent taken from us far too early. His family too - this is fishy.

wwe 25-06-2007 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34336731)

Terrible, terrible news. Yet another awesome talent taken from us far too early. His family too - this is fishy.

i know i car't belive it

Acathla 25-06-2007 23:44

Taken from Chris Benoit's Wiki Page:

Quote:

Death Angle

On June 25th the WWE announced Benoit and his family to be dead, but it has been confirmed this is part of the 'murder' storyline that has also taken Mr. McMahon's "life".
This is getting rather sick now - please WWE stop it.

Linky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

Russ 25-06-2007 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acathla (Post 34336743)

That's BS - wwe.com has removed all references to Vince's "death", they wouldn't have done that if it was a work.

wwe 25-06-2007 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acathla (Post 34336743)

its not a stroyline couse if it is its sick

Acathla 25-06-2007 23:51

Wiki has just been changed :o

wwe 25-06-2007 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acathla (Post 34336752)
Wiki has just been changed :o

yer it saids this

On June 25, 2007, WWE.com reported that Benoit and his family were found dead in their Atlanta home and that police were investigating the situation.

It is possible this is just a wrestling angle. It has been neither confirmed or denied.

Acathla 25-06-2007 23:55

been changed several times in the past few minutes. guess we will know more tomorrow...

Russ 25-06-2007 23:58

This is NOT an angle - Benoit is indeed dead.

wwe 25-06-2007 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acathla (Post 34336756)
been changed several times in the past few minutes. guess we will know more tomorrow...

if it is a storyline why are they doing it they just done it to mr. mcmahon

have they got no more storyline left or something

Acathla 26-06-2007 00:04

All I can add is another fine athlete has had his life cut short.

I remember meeting Benoit aftershow of a Manchester WWE tour.
He truely was one of the wrestlers who gave a load of time to the fans and loved what he did so much.

RIP

wwe 26-06-2007 00:48

if it is real all i can say he was a great wrestler

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

becouse what has happened to benoit will they stop the vince story line couse vince is going 2 have 2 come out and say a few worlds

Media Boy UK 26-06-2007 01:25

I have just read this sad news on WWE.com about Chris Benoit and his family. I have been thinking about it: 1. I think Benoit and his family has been unwell all weekend and that how Benoit did not turn up for work on Sunday for the PPV. and 2. I see Benoit was found dead in his new house I think it something to do with the Gas in that new house.

grabbi 26-06-2007 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34336800)
I have just read this sad news on WWE.com about Chris Benoit and his family. I have been thinking about it: 1. I think Benoit and his family has been unwell all weekend and that how Benoit did not turn up for work on Sunday for the PPV. and 2. I see Benoit was found dead in his new house I think it something to do with the Gas in that new house.

Unfortunatly, my friend, you are wrong.

He didnt turn up for the PPV because of an "emergency".

The police are treating this as a Homicide, and refused to comment to the media about the cause of death, simply saying that they "werent shot to death".

Unfortunatly, adding these all together is too coincidental to be the theory you suggested.

Now, after a coment like that, I am expecting the horrific news that the Benoits were Murdered. And whoever did it, I hope they rot in jail.

Remember the two kids left, currently in Canada...

gadge 26-06-2007 03:22

R.I.P Chris never forget you man god bless.

Russ 26-06-2007 08:57

Police have said it appears Benoit killed his wife and son then took his own life.

Absolutely shocking. I just can't believe it.

gazzae 26-06-2007 09:17

I can't believe it either.

LSainsbury 26-06-2007 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34315655)
I love the way WWE annouces UK tours as appearing in "Birmingham, England" etc.

Yeah, like how many other Birminghams in the UK are they likely to be appearing in??

It's to stop thick Americians thinking they will in Birmingham USA - there are 15 Birmingham's over the pond!