Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Virgin Business Useless (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683455)

Kymmy 09-12-2011 15:44

Re: Virgin Business Useless

The link then wouldn't be much good for you as it's about the combined or BB packages ;)

Perhaps Stephen (a mod who works for VMB) might be able to help? (even if it's just a better contact number)

Hugh 09-12-2011 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35342827)
That's not your problem, and isn't really a good excuse. If they improved their service, then they would probably have far more customers, and wouldn't have to cut staff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35342958)
If only life were that simple........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35342996)
The basics of business are that simple. You provide a service that there is demand for, at a competitive price, with excellent customer service, then in theory you should do well.

If your competition does the same, then you need to do something to make your business stand out from the others.

If VMB provide a poor customer service (especially for new customers), then they will have no incentive to use their services. And this is where the downhill spiral starts.

But in practice, you have to have the appropriate product implemented and supported well, it has to be marketed well, and you need the staff trained and willing to serve the customer, and you need all these facets to meld together to provide the optimum customer experience.

Your challenge with this, imho, is that you do not seem to accept the fact that in large/very large organisations, there are people who are not as customer-focused* as they should be, and they can be difficult to re-educate/remove, and thus some customers receive sub-standard service (which is wrong, but so is getting wet whilst waiting for a bus, but sometimes, stuff happens). You may have experience running a small "virtual" business, where you can be very "hands on (even in a virtual sense)" with the small number of employees you may have, but the challenges involved when you have multi-site, multi-disciplinary teams of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of employees, with a vast range of independent and/or interdependent products and services, is a completely different matter - you can spot/fix a "bad egg" if you have a couple of employees fairly quickly, but this is much more problematic when you increase that number by the tens of thousands.

Now, this is not excusing sub-optimal customer service, but trying to explain some of the reasons why it occurs.

So, as I said originally, If only life were that simple........;)

*to put it nicely...

Stephen 09-12-2011 16:14

Hi, can I ask what number you have been using to contact VM Business?

I am in the provisioning side of things so don't really have any dealings with pricing or packages but can try to help you get in contact with the team.

Threepints 09-12-2011 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35343191)
Hi, can I ask what number you have been using to contact VM Business?

I am in the provisioning side of things so don't really have any dealings with pricing or packages but can try to help you get in contact with the team.

I have used the number from the business web site 0800 953 0180, also the email contact on there (get back to you in 48 hours. Two weeks nothing), I also emailed directly members of the sales team with no reply.

Many thanks for offering to help but it is now to late. VMB have lost the chance of my business. I gave them in total five attempts to get my business. They failed miserably.

Tim Deegan 10-12-2011 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35343176)
But in practice, you have to have the appropriate product implemented and supported well, it has to be marketed well, and you need the staff trained and willing to serve the customer, and you need all these facets to meld together to provide the optimum customer experience.

Your challenge with this, imho, is that you do not seem to accept the fact that in large/very large organisations, there are people who are not as customer-focused* as they should be, and they can be difficult to re-educate/remove, and thus some customers receive sub-standard service (which is wrong, but so is getting wet whilst waiting for a bus, but sometimes, stuff happens). You may have experience running a small "virtual" business, where you can be very "hands on (even in a virtual sense)" with the small number of employees you may have, but the challenges involved when you have multi-site, multi-disciplinary teams of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of employees, with a vast range of independent and/or interdependent products and services, is a completely different matter - you can spot/fix a "bad egg" if you have a couple of employees fairly quickly, but this is much more problematic when you increase that number by the tens of thousands.

Now, this is not excusing sub-optimal customer service, but trying to explain some of the reasons why it occurs.

So, as I said originally, If only life were that simple........;)

*to put it nicely...

You have hit the nail on the head there Hugh.

It's a problem faced by many large companies. However it isn't something that can't be solved by proper management, and training.

Hugh 10-12-2011 21:11

As I said before, if it were only that simple (and I have worked in very large companies, Barclays Capital, BT Cellnet, Next, and with companies like IBM, HP/Compaq etc) - there are always people who can play the system, and it is more trouble (especially in a unionised environment) that it is worth....

Tim Deegan 11-12-2011 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35343623)
As I said before, if it were only that simple (and I have worked in very large companies, Barclays Capital, BT Cellnet, Next, and with companies like IBM, HP/Compaq etc) - there are always people who can play the system, and it is more trouble (especially in a unionised environment) that it is worth....

That's where good management comes in.

ccarmock 11-12-2011 00:33

I must admit I have never had an email response from the email page on the Virgin Media Business page, and have tried several times. As has been pointed out they claim to respond in 48 hours!

Once you get through to sone of the team they seem good though.

The website leaves a lot to be desired in the broadband section. Quite why they bothered to update it I don't know, at least before it quoted prices and bandwidths available, but not now.

The new VMB broadband services are 30 MB/s and 50 Mb/s

Kymmy 11-12-2011 09:11

I've never had an email response but the two time I have filled it in I have been called within a few days by CS

Threepints 13-12-2011 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35343742)
I've never had an email response but the two time I have filled it in I have been called within a few days by CS

Unfortunately that was not my experience.