Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   No Sound on You Tube (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704674)

nashville 28-03-2017 14:58

No Sound on You Tube

My granddaughter has a Android 4 .0 There is no sound on you tube or video. What can we do to rectify it, Please advise

Mick 28-03-2017 15:43

Re: No Sound on You Tube

I am assuming you have gone through all the obvious steps, checking volume settings on the device, turning off and turning on device i.e reboot.

Check volume settings on Youtube itself they have a volume dial on the videos.

nashville 29-03-2017 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35892089)
I am assuming you have gone through all the obvious steps, checking volume settings on the device, turning off and turning on device i.e reboot.

Check volume settings on Youtube itself they have a volume dial on the videos.

Mick I have my sound on BBC IPlayer etc. You tube will not play their video's at all .even if I bring my own YouTube music page. I noticed I could sign up to YouTube through an Android tablet. When doing this I was asked for a new google email address password etc. then discovered this had been through an Icon Playstore. So they asked for Credit cards details at that point I declined. Surely this cannot be right as I play you tube on my apple Ipad with no problem. Nash

Mick 29-03-2017 17:10

Next steps I would try is to delete history and website cookies and data on the current browser being used: (This should clear any presets saved on various websites), if that fails try another browser.

nashville 29-03-2017 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35892241)
Next steps I would try is to delete history and website cookies and data on the current browser being used: (This should clear any presets saved on various websites), if that fails try another browser.

Ok Will try this, I feel like a :dunce:

Hom3r 29-03-2017 18:05

My phone & tablet has 4 different volumes.

Try turning up the volume on the device and on the right of the volume bar is a V press this and this will show the others, one might be on minimum.

adzii_nufc 29-03-2017 21:12

It's the play store asking for payment options. This is a default action as of the most recent store update. It's not mandatory however and can be skipped on that same page. As for YouTube, as per Mick's advice above, it's not browser related but can be reset as such by the app settings and clear data and clear cache for the YouTube app. Best to uninstall and reinstall via store and proceed there. There's no separate volume for YouTube via app, so if the other apps have sound then this should too.

pip08456 29-03-2017 21:56

A free gmail account would solve the problem.