Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Contractors (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33673634)

dicko 14-03-2011 14:11

Re: Contractors

thanks

S@Notts 15-03-2011 18:12

ive just had a call from a lady from VM about the job i applied for, she mentioned some technical questions, but i was looking after my daughter and cooking at the time so she said to call her back tommorow, which i will, 1 question tho, is this going to be an interview on the phone ? as ive never done this before :confused:

ary13 15-03-2011 19:47

These are questions about what you do before, upon and after arriving at the job, i.e. tlephone before arrival, show company id badge put on over shoes

That sort of thing

S@Notts 15-03-2011 22:01

thx for the reply, will see how it goes tommorow

stacky 16-03-2011 09:01

i work for flexicomms in yorkshire , does any1 knw the potential contractor to virgin in the next few month!? Have heard a few rumors but nothing concrete

weesteev 16-03-2011 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacky (Post 35193730)
i work for flexicomms in yorkshire , does any1 knw the potential contractor to virgin in the next few month!? Have heard a few rumors but nothing concrete

All rumours Stacky, nothing confirmed at the moment.

ary13 16-03-2011 17:13

When will the new contacts be anounced, Ive heard that they begin on the 4.4.2011.
What about transition periods with engineers for new contracts tooling vans ect.

beller 16-03-2011 18:39

The Avonline Bristol guys done the van and tools ect last week!

stacky 16-03-2011 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35193766)
All rumours Stacky, nothing confirmed at the moment.

were do u work from? Thats what i do new builds and networks. Would be good to find who has it wee ste. As you know what ths games like m8 , if u leave it until last min theyl just get guys that dont know wat ther doing and leave the guys who do in the job centres , or going back on resi,s. No disrispect to you res,i guys but it 1nce was good money until mapp showed up and kept it in ther pockets rather than passing it down to the real hard workers. !

Nedkelly 16-03-2011 19:13

The only thing the contractor does here for network is pull the cables we put all the ends on and commision the amps .And we do our own copper jointing aswell .We use fibre tek for fibre .Our main contractor here is Map but for how long who knows the have sent crews to help out in Brighton .Does anyone know who got the cab clean contract ?

weesteev 16-03-2011 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacky (Post 35194060)
were do u work from? Thats what i do new builds and networks. Would be good to find who has it wee ste. As you know what ths games like m8 , if u leave it until last min theyl just get guys that dont know wat ther doing and leave the guys who do in the job centres , or going back on resi,s. No disrispect to you res,i guys but it 1nce was good money until mapp showed up and kept it in ther pockets rather than passing it down to the real hard workers. !

Im based in Bellshill stacky, I mainly cover the North East and North West franchises. We have Fujitsu in the North East who do all civils and cable work whereas NMC cover the north west and Flexicomms do some of the cable work subcontarcted by NMC.

We wont hear any changes to contractors until later this year now, plenty rumours flying around but I wouldn't like to speculate

;)

stacky 16-03-2011 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35194134)
Im based in Bellshill stacky, I mainly cover the North East and North West franchises. We have Fujitsu in the North East who do all civils and cable work whereas NMC cover the north west and Flexicomms do some of the cable work subcontarcted by NMC.

We wont hear any changes to contractors until later this year now, plenty rumours flying around but I wouldn't like to speculate

;)

ye we get al our work of nmc m8, but i know they hav also invested alot in to new vans and a hell of alot of cable equipment. Wil just hav to wait and see m8 cheers. Geting through to belshil is a nitemare lol many times getin hold of people proves hard . Think we deal with c watson.

ary13 16-03-2011 22:03

MAP for the cab cleans

dazj10 17-03-2011 17:00

hi all,, i work in stoke with kelly communications but as you all know contracts are to be renewed in april ,, and the main runners for stoke apart from kellys are fujitsu and mc nicholas,, but was wondering what their pay structures are like ,, at tthe minute i am on a 2 man crew ,and my pay is

single pull - £25
dual pull - £32
triple pull - £42
repull - £18
and then the add outlets, exts, re cables and such things are £7
doin an average of 5-6 jobs a day

am i goin to be worse off, same or better

stacky 17-03-2011 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazj10 (Post 35194553)
hi all,, i work in stoke with kelly communications but as you all know contracts are to be renewed in april ,, and the main runners for stoke apart from kellys are fujitsu and mc nicholas,, but was wondering what their pay structures are like ,, at tthe minute i am on a 2 man crew ,and my pay is

single pull - £25
dual pull - £32
triple pull - £42
repull - £18
and then the add outlets, exts, re cables and such things are £7
doin an average of 5-6 jobs a day

am i goin to be worse off, same or better

ey up daz, its what u make it mate, imean everytime a contractor comes in the rate of pay lowers. Wel thats in my experiance any way. Ive worked for endless contractors m8 and the pay never gets beter unless you do more. I wish the good old rates would come back for us al, but thats like asking your boss if you can finish early . Never happens