Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

Tinky 15-03-2023 07:29

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Nice one Russ. :tu:

heero_yuy 16-03-2023 16:43

Got through notification of my full state pension entitlement. Been some faffing about but it's now settled. :)

Hugh 18-03-2023 20:30

Just got back home after visiting relatives in Emsworth (brother in law), Winchester (nephew, his wife, & their daughter), Alton (other brother in law & wife, and had dinner with other nephew and his wife), and Pangborne (our son) - set off Tuesday morning, back this evening.

Any joint holidays for the foreseeable future will be in this country (with pooch), as pooch is too old/unhappy to go in kennels, so we thought we would try it with visits to family - five hour drive on the way down, and he was reasonable, four hours on the way back, not so happy.

However, we will persevere, as it was great to see/stay with family.

denphone 24-03-2023 13:07

Looking forward to a peaceful weekend after 4 medical appointments this week and the good news that l won't need a new ICD device implant until later next year rather then this year.

heero_yuy 24-03-2023 13:55

The reciprocating saw I ordered yesterday is being delivered today by courier.

Yodel's on-line tracking service is the best one I've seen: It shows you exactly where the driver is on a map and how many drops before you. Updated in real time.

Mr K 04-04-2023 18:51

A £500 premium bond win :)
About bleeding time ! Cheers Rishi.

Tinky 06-04-2023 20:22

Today I accomplished a nearly impossible task.....I was 1st in the phone waiting list at 8am for the Doctor. :)

Jaymoss 06-04-2023 20:27

awesome

denphone 07-04-2023 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36149440)
Today I accomplished a nearly impossible task.....I was 1st in the phone waiting list at 8am for the Doctor. :)

Well done Tinky.:)

In our surgery group patients have to go through the kafkaesque econsult system which for those who struggle with online forms which includes many OAPs and some other groups is pretty hard.

And even after that it is a lottery as to how long before someone replies.

Tinky 08-04-2023 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36149457)

In our surgery group patients have to go through the kafkaesque econsult system which for those who struggle with online forms which includes many OAPs and some other groups is pretty hard.

And even after that it is a lottery as to how long before someone replies.

We have an online facility down here, where you can tick a list of ailments, and complete a questionaire. I received a phone call from the doctor next day. However another time the receptionist said she would get the doctor to phone, it was 10 days later when I got the call.:rolleyes:

Jaymoss 08-04-2023 13:26

After a terrible release of a poorly optimised game with terrible shader loading times poor driver support and crash after crash after crash The Last of Us on PC is finally stable and playable

Jaymoss 11-04-2023 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36149532)
After a terrible release of a poorly optimised game with terrible shader loading times poor driver support and crash after crash after crash The Last of Us on PC is finally stable and playable

Finished it yesterday. What an excellent game

Hugh 11-04-2023 12:55

Went to the O2 Leeds last night to see The Damned - not my usual fare, but a friend had a couple of spare tickets, so thought "what the hell"…

The supporting act (The Nightingales) weren’t my cup of tea (post-punk thrash shouty alt-rock), but I enjoyed the first hour of The Damned set (stuff from the 80s, 90s, & 21st century), then it got a bit too punky for me for the last half hour (their mid-late 70s punk era), but all in all, it was a mostly enjoyable experience- never too old to try something different.

Captain Sensible was a bit cheeky at the end of the gig - he got one of the roadies to bring him a change of tops, and he put on a Crystal Palace football shirt to wave goodbye to the audience…

Mr K 11-04-2023 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36149674)
Went to the O2 Leeds last night to see The Damned - not my usual fare, but a friend had a couple of spare tickets, so thought "what the hell"…

The supporting act (The Nightingales) weren’t my cup of tea (post-punk thrash shouty alt-rock), but I enjoyed the first hour of The Damned set (stuff from the 80s, 90s, & 21st century), then it got a bit too punky for me for the last half hour (their mid-late 70s punk era), but all in all, it was a mostly enjoyable experience- never too old to try something different.

Captain Sensible was a bit cheeky at the end of the gig - he got one of the roadies to bring him a change of tops, and he put on a Crystal Palace football shirt to wave goodbye to the audience…

Stick to the Proms Hugh ;)

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Finally got round to destroying a couple of hardrives from old pcs. Turns out they are hard to destroy. Used a sledgehammer in the end, very satisfying.

Hugh 11-04-2023 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36149701)
Stick to the Proms Hugh ;)

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Finally got round to destroying a couple of hardrives from old pcs. Turns out they are hard to destroy. Used a sledgehammer in the end, very satisfying.

Electric drill does a good job as well.

I keep old drives, and re-use them as data/photo backups, using a USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter Cable to connect them to the PC, then keep them at our daughter’s house.