Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

TheDaddy 13-06-2018 06:50

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35949838)
What has been a pretty awful week in terms of work is over (and the fact that I'm finishing on time (kind of) today)

Major project issues resulting in me having already worked 40 hours by the end of Wednesday - but we've got a direction and a solution, so things are hopefully looking better.

I've done 100.5 hours over the last 8 days, got three lovely days of now

Hom3r 17-06-2018 19:15

My niece has just finished her 1st year A levels, so while waiting to start the 2nd year she is planning her University.

Yesterday she went to an open day at The Royal Holloway University in Windor, which is the 6th best.

She really likes it, the down side is it is a 3 year degree, plus a 4th for a masters, so it will currently cost £9,250 a year + £5,500 for accomodation a year

heero_yuy 18-06-2018 13:13

My Bug-A-Salt 2.0 gun has arrived. If I can get a few minutes this afternoon some target practice is called for to get my eye in. :)

The instructions suggest getting some foil and marking on targets spots with a marker and then shooting them to see how the shot (salt) scatters.

Chloé Palmas 19-06-2018 00:31

So managed to get a week off in Switzerland, enjoyed my daughter's birthday over the weekend and mine coming up this week... Oh and the pope is visiting the airport that I am flying out of, on my birthday, within 10 minutes of my flight:

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/n...programme.html

Quote:

Concluding the visit in the early evening, the Pope will celebrate Mass at the large Palexpo convention centre close to the city’s airport from which he will return to Rome at 8pm.
I literally cannot fly home without passing him cebrating mass. I am a Roman catholic (baptized and confirmed) but even my ego takes a boost at the thought of the pope giving me a blessing, on my birthday with no way of me even being able to avoid him.

I have reason to be happy. (Though it will certainly be congested flying back). It will be worth it for the holy father.

nashville 19-06-2018 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35950354)
I've done 100.5 hours over the last 8 days, got three lovely days of now

You deserve your days off, so enjoy them. Nash

heero_yuy 21-06-2018 17:51

TVL have sent me another contribution for my composter. Cheers guys. :D

Hom3r 21-06-2018 20:59

Don't cry for me Argentina :D

Hugh 21-06-2018 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35951408)
Don't cry for me Argentina :D

Hand of God <Snigger>

Chloé Palmas 22-06-2018 01:51

Made it back after a heavy day / week of traveling and all is well and safe, even in the RLD of Geneva.

With as many security and safety threats as we face in the world, a little peace of mind goes a long way these days.

nashville 22-06-2018 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas (Post 35951065)
So managed to get a week off in Switzerland, enjoyed my daughter's birthday over the weekend and mine coming up this week... Oh and the pope is visiting the airport that I am flying out of, on my birthday, within 10 minutes of my flight:

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/n...programme.html

I literally cannot fly home without passing him cebrating mass. I am a Roman catholic (baptized and confirmed) but even my ego takes a boost at the thought of the pope giving me a blessing, on my birthday with no way of me even being able to avoid him.

I have reason to be happy. (Though it will certainly be congested flying back). It will be worth it for the holy father.

Will be wonderful for you, ,so pleased for you ;)

heero_yuy 23-06-2018 12:05

Bug-A-Salt gun 1, big fat fly 0. :D

SnoopZ 23-06-2018 12:18

Does it sort out spiders to?

heero_yuy 23-06-2018 12:20

Probably but spiders help get rid of insects so they're really or friends.

SnoopZ 23-06-2018 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35951559)
Probably but spiders help get rid of insects so they're really or friends.

Tell that to my missus!! I can't stand the large ones either though.

Mr_love_monkey 23-06-2018 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35951560)
Tell that to my missus!! I can't stand the large ones either though.

Especially when they're in the bath, and they've used up all the hot water