Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

weenie 21-10-2016 15:19

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Thank you all for your kind wishes. The nurse visited today and she is pleased with the way I'm healing. I have some bruising but very little tbh, she left some island dressing along with inadine dressing and if I have any problems I've just to phone the health center and ask for the treatment room.

I'm so grateful for our NHS.

nashville 22-10-2016 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35865035)
Thank you all for your kind wishes. The nurse visited today and she is pleased with the way I'm healing. I have some bruising but very little tbh, she left some island dressing along with inadine dressing and if I have any problems I've just to phone the health center and ask for the treatment room.

I'm so grateful for our NHS.

Thanks for the update Weenie. You see to be more calm now and contented, Well Done ;)

ThunderPants73 23-10-2016 19:02

It's not quite Monday yet. Monday will start at around 23:30 when I have to go to bed.

Hugh 23-10-2016 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35862791)
Just had a phone call offering me a permie job in Yorkshire (I'm currently doing interim Senior IT Management in the East Midlands, which means I am away from home Mon-Fri), so a very happy bunny - my 3rd interview for the position was last Monday, so it was quite a quick turnaround.

Probably start in the New Year, to give my current employers a chance to get a replacement in and do a proper handover.

My wife, as you may expect, is very pleased - it's not been an easy last six months for her, with me being away through the week; now, at least, she has an end date in sight.

However, until I get a signed contract, it's not 'real'...

Got the contract yesterday, will resign from my interim position tomorrow, and work my 4 weeks notice, then no more leaving on a Monday and getting back home on a Friday.

Yay!!! :dmonk::cleader::hyper:

TheDaddy 23-10-2016 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35865300)
Got the contract yesterday, will resign from my interim position tomorrow, and work my 4 weeks notice, then no more leaving on a Monday and getting back home on a Friday.

Congrats Hugh, really pleased for you :tu:

Hugh 23-10-2016 19:28

Thank you, kind sir.

It's been a difficult six months, but it'll be over soon.

denphone 23-10-2016 19:30

Quote:

That is excellent news.:tu:

dilli-theclaw 23-10-2016 19:32

Quote:

excellent :tu:

Osem 23-10-2016 21:09

Bet the missus will be happy Hugh! :tu:

Hugh 23-10-2016 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35865315)
Bet the missus will be happy Hugh! :tu:

Very... :)

TheDaddy 24-10-2016 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35818047)
I checked my bank today and No Veneer In Here has indeed been as good as there word as full refund is in the bank.

My new furniture came from Oak Furniture King and I am over the moon with it. In the end we got tv unit, lamp table and nest of tables. The furniture seems to be the same as no veneer in here.

Dog was not included in the sale LOL.

Saw this and thought of your travails with them, she who laughs last weenster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...legs-wrap.html

nashville 24-10-2016 11:21

Well Done Hugh. This is excellent news, also. The daddy. Fantastic about your money going into the bank. Two nice stories for a Monday morning,

weenie 24-10-2016 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35865343)
Saw this and thought of your travails with them, she who laughs last weenster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...legs-wrap.html

I knew I knew it :LOL: now would it be wrong to send this link to the CEO team stating apology when your ready pleassse! Although this would be tempting, I think I will just count my blessings at my lucky escape from these sharks :)

Thanks TD this has honestly made my day :D

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Quote:

Fantastic news Hugh

heero_yuy 24-10-2016 17:27

Quote:

Excellent news Hugh. Hope you'll be getting more family life.

MadGamer 24-10-2016 18:01

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2016/10/1.jpeg

Well after nearly three months of waiting I should be taking delivery of this either at the end of this week or sometime next week. Really looking forward to it, as it's a mobility scooter, but it's been built to look like a car :)