Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

MalteseFalcon 07-10-2012 22:17

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

I'm already playing Christmas music. Love Christmas, unfortunately I get in the mood earlier and earlier each year so by the time December comes around I am in the 'Bah humbug' mode!

Caff 07-10-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobbydaler (Post 35482664)
Moi? :D

:D
A very good-looking T. Juliann has good taste.
So... T in the wardrobe - what have you done with the hunk? !

Peter_ 07-10-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35482666)
My Bold 9790 has been upgraded to OS 7.1 meaning that I can now use my mobile as a WiFi hotspot, when im out with my iPad :D

Watch out for those data charges you may well be better off getting a contract sim as tethering can be a data killer.

Cobbydaler 07-10-2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35482673)
A very good-looking T. Juliann has good taste.
So... T in the wardrobe - what have you done with the hunk? !

He's in pieces down the garbage disposal chute...

(Joke, before anyone complains!) :rolleyes:

Caff 07-10-2012 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobbydaler (Post 35482677)
He's in pieces down the garbage disposal chute...

(Joke, before anyone complains!) :rolleyes:

John Williams has won the Classical Brit Award for his contribtion as a composer this year. Well-deserved IMHO.
He has an outstanding history of composing for previous screen play.

Stuart 08-10-2012 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35482820)
Thought I'd borked the PC, turns out it was only the standby mouse (for when the wireless is in it's charging cradle):

I was using a halogen table lamp right next to the mouse, when I turned it off the CAD package in focus went wild with lots of "dings" through the speakers so I re-booted the PC but it would stop with a "Windows protection violation, you must re-start your computer" message, wouldn't even start in safe mode.

I finally unplugged the (PS2) mouse and just left my wireless mouse and keyboard in the USB and it started up OK. Guess the lamp must have put a bolt up the PS2 mouse port.

I'm happy it's working OK now. :) Won't do that again.

Actually had a few PS2 mice do that..

joglynne 08-10-2012 17:30

I've got my broadband back and no more pesky pixi's on my TV screen. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/10/17.gif

What were the odds on having a bad internal cable run and the Superhub being faulty. Well done Steve and thank you for sorting it out. :D

joglynne 08-10-2012 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35482877)
<snip>
Shub has a reputation to live down to.:erm: I run mine in modem mode as I already have a decent router with wireless.

Glad you're all fixed up again. None or limited net access feels like a limb's been cut off.

:D I never realised how much I used the internet until this last weekend. I really must try to curb my reliance on it to run my life. Having to go into my Bank on a Saturday morning is not something I want to do again any time soon and phoning around for insurance quotes is pants.

Not had the Shub long and until Friday I had been pleased with it. Coming from 10Mb getting 45/49Mb via WiFi was good and I had no issues with signal reception anywhere in the house (guess not having thick internal walls helps :D ) Before having it installed, and having read so many negative comments about the Shub on here, I was quite resigned to having to put it in Modem mode but having it go FURBAR after only a couple of weeks and apparently take the TiVo with it was a blow I didn't expect.

Hopefully it seems to be all sorted now thanks to a VM engineer who was prepared to try a number of solutions rather than leave me with a less than decent service.

Add .... After the engineer left I did a quick test using a USB cable and got over 60Mb which cheered me up no end. :)

Hom3r 10-10-2012 19:13

Well I got my new headphones from play Tritton AX Pro+ 5.1 true Dolby Digital, each cup has 4 speakers.

nashville 12-10-2012 15:15

Hi friends

just returned from Las Vegas on Monday. We had a good holiday, weather roasting. Hotel good. But I must say the Country Music was not my cup of tea. It was modern country & just a loud noise. Back to Texas or Nashville next time,

denphone 12-10-2012 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35484123)
Hi friends

just returned from Las Vegas on Monday. We had a good holiday, weather roasting. Hotel good. But I must say the Country Music was not my cup of tea. It was modern country & just a loud noise. Back to Texas or Nashville next time,

l am glad you enjoyed your holiday nash but sorry to hear that the music was not up to scratch.

nashville 12-10-2012 18:03

Thanks Den

jempalmer 12-10-2012 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35483518)
Well I got my new headphones from play Tritton AX Pro+ 5.1 true Dolby Digital, each cup has 4 speakers.

Dude they aren't exactly budget cans. Do they do what it says on the tin? Christmas is coming and I stay up later than the wife during the week :erm:

Caff 13-10-2012 00:10

Reunions. Family ties, (no matter what troubles have happened) and a new chapter in life.
Oh, and time to reflect quietly.

MadGamer 13-10-2012 11:06

Got to go to Wembley last night to watch England play. Was an amazing experience as it was the first time I had ever been there :)