Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33681059)

nstokes 25-04-2012 18:33

Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419052)
:nono::nono:

Why not? You not like how Sky Believe In Better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35419102)
Sky 3D audience growing, new channel hinted

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4537...ng-new-channel

Although i dont have 3D my self thats good news

muppetman11 25-04-2012 21:53

The marvel of a Dynamic EPG the start of ITV News at ten has now adjusted to 10.35pm to reflect the extra time in the Real Madrid v Bayern Munich Game.

nstokes 26-04-2012 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35419224)
The marvel of a Dynamic EPG the start of ITV News at ten has now adjusted to 10.35pm to reflect the extra time in the Real Madrid v Bayern Munich Game.

Dynamic EPG is a good thing. All them VM Customers who dont get it, how to they live without it :D

denphone 26-04-2012 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35419380)
Dynamic EPG is a good thing. All them VM Customers who dont get it, how to they live without it :D

Really Mr Stokes l am surprised by you this morning in your assumption that us VM customers need a dynamic EPG as to be perfectly honest its low on many customers list of priorities of things they would like with regards to the TiVo box and although it would be nice at some future stage we can cope quite easily without it as the TiVo has many other considerable advantages in other areas over Sky's somewhat limited box.:)

LexDiamond 26-04-2012 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35419224)

I set it to record just to see it work :D

denphone 26-04-2012 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35419393)
I set it to record just to see it work :D

And l just changed my recording as the match was nearing extra time and very easy it was too.:D

Telly_ 26-04-2012 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419386)
Really Mr Stokes l am surprised by you this morning in your assumption that us VM customers need a dynamic EPG as to be perfectly honest its low on many customers list of priorities of things they would like with regards to the TiVo box and although it would be nice at some future stage we can cope quite easily without it as the TiVo has many other considerable advantages in other areas over Sky's somewhat limited box.:)

Are you mad? I was out last night so I assume you can figure out what happened to my recording of the match? The TiVo EPG is costing upto £5 a month per box. Yet it cannot automatically update.

Explain to a Sky customer how advanced your EPG is, then sit there totally fed up as your football recording finishes 30 minutes early while your mate on his inferior sky EPG relaxes and enjoys the entire game.

I tell ya what this is sooooooo annoying I think its the nail in the coffin, as some of the people I was out with had Sky and we had all set it to record. An NO we couldn't watch the game whilst we were out as we were at a new retail product launch.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419394)
And l just changed my recording as the match was nearing extra time and very easy it was too.:D

That's great you were in watching the game you were recording so were able to change the recording manually. Most people record programs they won't be at home to watch or are watching something else.

One of my friends last night was actually able to set the game to record whilst we were out via his phone. Why can't TiVo do that?

muppetman11 26-04-2012 10:03

Sky Confirms An idiot abroad 3

Quote:

The new series of An Idiot Abroad will see Karl Pilkington return for a new special travel programme, along with Life's Too Short actor Warwick Davis.

Gervais - who is a prolific Twitter user - added that Pilkington will never sign up for the social network, saying: "No Karl is not on Twitter and I don't think he ever will be. He hates it.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...w-updates.html

LexDiamond 26-04-2012 10:49

Quote:

Tivo is making you work too hard ;)

muppetman11 26-04-2012 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35419423)

And stay in :D

jempalmer 26-04-2012 11:01

Has anyone looked at this? I've not tried remote record as I can't stand using the internet on my Blackberry.

http://my.virginmedia.com/discover/t...tivo/apps.html

nstokes 26-04-2012 11:25

Quote:

But you had to change it, Sky EPG does it for you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telly Bear (Post 35419398)
Are you mad? I was out last night so I assume you can figure out what happened to my recording of the match? The TiVo EPG is costing upto £5 a month per box. Yet it cannot automatically update.

Explain to a Sky customer how advanced your EPG is, then sit there totally fed up as your football recording finishes 30 minutes early while your mate on his inferior sky EPG relaxes and enjoys the entire game.

I tell ya what this is sooooooo annoying I think its the nail in the coffin, as some of the people I was out with had Sky and we had all set it to record. An NO we couldn't watch the game whilst we were out as we were at a new retail product launch.

Agree

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

That's great you were in watching the game you were recording so were able to change the recording manually. Most people record programs they won't be at home to watch or are watching something else.

One of my friends last night was actually able to set the game to record whilst we were out via his phone. Why can't TiVo do that?

Tivo needs Dynamic EPG

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35419426)
And stay in :D

:D:D:D

denphone 26-04-2012 11:44

Quote:

No its much harder trying to convert thy minions to desert their master.:D

colin25 26-04-2012 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419437)

Methinks you protest too much :D

LexDiamond 26-04-2012 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419437)

You need a more dynamic approach :D