Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Secret Invasion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711979)

Pierre 21-06-2023 21:09

Secret Invasion

Decent first episode.

But highlight for me was that it was all filmed around Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Moscow was Dean Clough Mills and the big square where the end of the episode was filmed was Halifax Piece Hall.

Chris 21-06-2023 23:04

Re: Secret Invasion

I really enjoyed it too. I believe they did some filming at the former Pilkington glass works in St Helens as well. Some sources say they were in Liverpool but I wonder whether that’s just getting conflated with St Helens. Some very lucky people apparently bumped into Emilia Clarke on Crosby beach.

Hugh 22-06-2023 00:43

Enjoyed it…

Wouldn’t want to be a "Guest Star" on it, though…

(On a totally unrelated subject, after it finished, the suggestions panel showed me that all six seasons of "Justified" were available, so I re-watched the first episode - I’d forgotten how good it was).

Paul 23-06-2023 00:55

Nice first episode, unless you were Maria of course.

bubblegun 03-07-2023 17:27

I must be too fussy. IMO episode 1 was terrible but definitely improved a bit in episode 2 so i'll risk watching episode 3.

Paul 13-07-2023 02:42

Its been ok so far, but we're already 2/3 through, its going to have to pick up the pace soon, or run out of episodes to resolve anything.

Damien 13-07-2023 11:08

Is this another series i'll need to watch to understand any of the mainline films? It's beginning to feel like homework

Paul 13-07-2023 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36156105)
Is this another series i'll need to watch to understand any of the mainline films?

Not that I'm aware of, but then we havent seen any future films yet, and whether they reference events in it.

Pierre 13-07-2023 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36156105)
Is this another series i'll need to watch to understand any of the mainline films? It's beginning to feel like homework

No, but you'll need to have seen Captain Marvel, Spiderman - Far from Home and after last nights episode Iron Man 2, to be fully up to speed.

Hugh 13-07-2023 23:10

Iron Man 3 (the Extremis regenerative treatment), and Guardians of the Galaxy (for the Groot-related bit)

Pierre 13-07-2023 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36156174)
Iron Man 3 (the Extremis regenerative treatment), and Guardians of the Galaxy (for the Groot-related bit)

Sorry, thought the Extremis was IM2.

Chris 17-07-2023 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36156140)
No, but you'll need to have seen Captain Marvel, Spiderman - Far from Home and after last nights episode Iron Man 2, to be fully up to speed.

The crossovers between the films and TV definitely enhance one’s enjoyment but they’re not absolutely necessary. The studio is still aware that not everyone is going to see every film and subscribe to Disney+, no matter how badly they want them to.

Having said that, if you’ve seen Captain Marvel and understand that Emilia Clarke’s character, Giah, was briefly a childhood friend of young Monica Rambeau in the 1990s, you can enjoy the smug thrill of knowing a bit of her backstory, especially when she inevitably shows up in the Captain Marvel sequel later this year (‘The Marvels’).

Mind you, having said that, to fully understand what Giah is doing in The Marvels you will have to have seen Secret Invasion; to fully understand what Monica Rambeau is doing in The Marvels you will have to have seen Wandavision; and to fully understand where the heck Kamala Khan has come from (as, unlike Rambeau and Giah, she was never dropped into any previous Marvel film), you will have to have seen Ms Marvel.

Ms Marvel is out in November … you have about 16 weeks, so if you’ve not seen any of those shows you need to watch maybe a couple of eps per week, starting now. :D

1701-e 18-07-2023 08:44

Plenty of time to catch up as production has stopped on new shows ��

Chris 18-07-2023 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36156469)
Plenty of time to catch up as production has stopped on new shows ��

The relevant show here is The Marvels, the film due out in November. I’ve seen no further announcements about it being delayed again (since the announcement of its delay from July, but they blamed covid backlog for that). That’s the film that will tie together the plots from three of the recent TV shows.

pip08456 18-07-2023 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36156473)
The relevant show here is The Marvels, the film due out in November. I’ve seen no further announcements about it being delayed again (since the announcement of its delay from July, but they blamed covid backlog for that). That’s the film that will tie together the plots from three of the recent TV shows.

The Marvels is in Post-Production so may not be affected by the strike.Not sure though.