Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : What a waste of our time (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686514)

OLD BOY 22-03-2012 19:14

Re: What a waste of our time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35404045)
Well to me the website is totally misleading, I read on the website that if you take out the XL package, and get Tivo (with FREE Install and Activation) with phone etc.

Which is simple, and yet as an existing customer on the XL Package and you want to get Tivo, the sales staff want as get as much money as possible. My son had terrible trouble with them last week on the FIRST DAY of instal, and took SEVEN calls to sort.

I wonder why l bother with VM

Arthur, I'm sorry, but it's not VM! The website clearly states that you have to pay; you are simply misreading it.

spiderplant 22-03-2012 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35404010)
it clearly tells you Itd FREE install and FREE activation BUT £5.00 per month - check it out yourself.

Where? For the third time of asking, post the link.

muppetman11 22-03-2012 19:33

The simple answer is it doesn't say it anywhere

Here's what it says re installation

Installation:*Installation charges apply (starting from £49.95 for standard install) unless you qualify for one of our Free installation offers. Payment may be required in advance. All prices include VAT.

thunderlips 22-03-2012 19:40

vm tried to charge me £49.99 for install fee ! i just told them i am happy being a vm customer and iam not paying it and they waved it !

Arthurgray50@blu 22-03-2012 19:52

Carnate, l knew there would be one negative comment on this subject.

For example, if you were shown on a website that you could buy a Rolls Royce for say 1000 and then when you go to pick it up, there is another charge for it, what would you say.

I don't mind paying for items, but if you see something on a website, you expect it to be honoured.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

And also, at one time you could write directly to Mr Berkett, but now you can't, you have to go through path of phoning VM and put through to someone that you cannot speak with due to a language barrier, and then given someone who give you all the sales drive that you don't want to hear.

martyh 22-03-2012 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35404079)

For example, if you were shown on a website that you could buy a Rolls Royce for say 1000 and then when you go to pick it up, there is another charge for it, what would you say.

I don't mind paying for items, but if you see something on a website, you expect it to be honoured.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

And also, at one time you could write directly to Mr Berkett, but now you can't, you have to go through path of phoning VM and put through to someone that you cannot speak with due to a language barrier, and then given someone who give you all the sales drive that you don't want to hear.

Arthur nobody can help you if you don't post a link to the web page you read it on

carlwaring 22-03-2012 20:51

Quote:

I'd say "it didn't mention this charge on the web page". The difference being that all charges are stated on the relevant VM web page. Yes, maybe in the "small-print" but then that's no different to, for example, Sky's website.

Gadgie 22-03-2012 21:27

Quote..."Yes there are 2 types of TiVo boxes. 500gb and 1TB."

Yea! and the weird thing is, they are both the same price s well. We discovered that when we were in the process of returning to VM for all Three services, so we opted for the 1TB one;)

Superblade7 23-03-2012 05:02

Arthur,

Please listen to other posters on this forum for advice and check out this link - http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...ox-prices.html and you can clearly see that as an existing customer you get the "activation" fee of £49.95 waived and a £5 monthly charge. Then further down the page it states -

*Installation fee of £49.95 applies. Additional box fee of £6.50 per month may apply. Our TiVo box is not available on our TV M service. Customers on TV M will need to upgrade to TV M+, L or XL.

However, like others have already said, if you can provide a link to the page on the VM website that confirms both charges are waived like you claim, then please post it.

The only offers I can see where both charges are waived are for new customers taking a new bundle such as - http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/...-tvmp-bbl.html

Now if you are out of contract, you could always try ringing retentions (the option for thinking of leaving us) and say that you'd like one of the new customer offers and see what they can do for you.

Superblade

clinteastman 23-03-2012 12:32

Quote:

You haven't showen us anything on a website as you haven't posted a link to the page your talking about?!?

Bentex 23-03-2012 15:28

Arthur has already explained he confused activation with installation and thought they were the same.

I did too when I first read the site. After a while I realized only the activation fee is now free (although did anyone ever actually pay this fee?).

I agree with Arthur, the website is confusing. It makes you think you are saving more money than you are. Also to be fair to VM, they are certainly not alone in doing this.

Sirius 23-03-2012 15:31

Arthur for goodness sake POST A LINK

LSainsbury 23-03-2012 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35404487)
Arthur for goodness sake POST A LINK

You'll be lucky!!! He's never posted one yet!!

kop32 23-03-2012 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSainsbury (Post 35404492)
You'll be lucky!!! He's never posted one yet!!

Then he will be lucky if anyone can help him!

Tim Deegan 23-03-2012 16:27

Just go through retentions, and tell them that you are comparing VM, BT, and Sky. They should give you a far better deal then.