Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : no on demand or internet (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685715)

warren201 19-02-2012 09:23

no on demand or internet

Hi
I have just joined virgin media and have the 100meg package,tivo box and anytime phone,has been working for the first week and now i have no broadband connection and no on demand service.
I have called the tech line and they have said after 1 hour on the phone that i have to much power coming to the house,12+db when i should have 10 or less.
Could someone please tell me what this means and is there a fix for it.
I have reset the tivo box and the superhub,still nothing.
Thankyou in advance
Warren201:confused:

spiderplant 19-02-2012 10:14

Re: no on demand or internet

The signal levels into the TiVo and modem have to be in a certain range. You can get problems if they are too low or too high. You need a technician to visit to adjust the signals, which they do in the street cabinet or in your home (or both). Did they book a tech for you?

ps. Welcome to the forum!

kop32 19-02-2012 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35384372)
The signal levels into the TiVo and modem have to be in a certain range. You can get problems if they are too low or too high. You need a technician to visit to adjust the signals, which they do in the street cabinet or in your home (or both). Did they book a tech for you?

ps. Welcome to the forum!

Spider,
If the Op has only had his services for a couple of weeks why would the power levels be so high?,surely the Installer must of known they were to high when he fitted them,or can power levels "move"?.:confused:

spiderplant 19-02-2012 12:25

Yeah, the installer should have checked/adjusted the power levels. Maybe there is a loose connection or something. Cold weather will also make the power go up a little.

Itshim 20-02-2012 08:35

Had this problem yesterday. Spoke to very nice lady whom has booked an engineer. Will be cancelling that call today as its all working this morning.
This is the second time this has happen in three weeks. Both were on a Sunday late afternoon. It that just a coincidence ?:confused:

andy_m 20-02-2012 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35384825)
Had this problem yesterday. Spoke to very nice lady whom has booked an engineer. Will be cancelling that call today as its all working this morning.
This is the second time this has happen in three weeks. Both were on a Sunday late afternoon. It that just a coincidence ?:confused:

Twice in three weeks would be enough to keep the engineer coming if it were me.

Digital Fanatic 20-02-2012 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35385041)
Twice in three weeks would be enough to keep the engineer coming if it were me.

Yes, I agree as long as the other occassions were not outages.

Itshim 20-02-2012 15:12

O k guys if you think so. Just seems strange that I call up. no known faults etc.Yet with in an hour or so it works again?

Digital Fanatic 20-02-2012 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35385071)
O k guys if you think so. Just seems strange that I call up. no known faults etc.Yet with in an hour or so it works again?

You booking a tech alerts the Outage Team to possible issues. They monitor and if they see a group of customers on the same part of the network with similar faults, then they will call out a network engineer to take a look locally.

Itshim 20-02-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35385079)
You booking a tech alerts the Outage Team to possible issues. They monitor and if they see a group of customers on the same part of the network with similar faults, then they will call out a network engineer to take a look locally.

Thanks guessed it was along those lines. Really do not want to waste peoples time. Would they know its up and running again? If so will the still want to send a tech out?