Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates Part 7 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684310)

Peter_ 18-07-2012 11:41

Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35453504)
I am no loner in remission. Well I didn't see that coming!! had no warnings, and actually feel better than i have in years.

Ho hum being threatened with steroids again and if that is what is decided I certainly hope I don't have to stay on them for too long this time. First session gave me cataracts second session resulted in Diabetes, I am starting to feel a tad under fire and wondering what new journey my immune system is taking me on this time.

Good luck with everything and I hope it all goes well for you Jo.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/07/9.gif

Tinky 18-07-2012 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35453504)
I am no longer in remission. Well I didn't see that coming!! had no warnings, and actually feel better than i have in years.

Ho hum being threatened with steroids again and if that is what is decided I certainly hope I don't have to stay on them for too long this time. First session gave me cataracts second session resulted in Diabetes, I am starting to feel a tad under fire and wondering what new journey my immune system is taking me on this time.

Aww Jo what can I say, when things appeared to be improving for you too, I'm so sorry. Can't they offer alternative treatment other than steroids? :(:sorry::hugs:

TheDaddy 18-07-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35453788)
Aww Jo what can I say, when things appeared to be improving for you too, I'm so sorry. Can't they offer alternative treatment other than steroids? :(:sorry::hugs:

Let's hope they can offer an alternative treatment or jo will have to pull out of the olympics on top of everything else...

Good luck with the shoes as well Jefferson.

nashville 18-07-2012 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35453483)
I've always fancied trying acupuncture myself.

Saw my GP today for a routine checkup, and was told that if I cannot get my blood sugars under control within 2 months then he will start me on insulin. Trouble is, I'm doing all the right things but the weight is now coming off in little tiny chunks, like 0.2kg at a time instead of the massive 1kg+ at the start.

I had accupucture one. Was not for me. too painful

joglynne 18-07-2012 19:49

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35453564)
InThinking of you.

Quote:

heero yuy: Sorry to hear that you're no so well at the moment. Let's hope it's only short term.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35453788)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35453906)
Let's hope they can offer an alternative treatment or jo will have to pull out of the olympics on top of everything else...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jempalmer (Post 35453708)
Really sorry to hear that joglynne. There will be a prayer or several going out for you :angel:

Quote:

Peter: Good luck with everything and I hope it all goes well for you Jo.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35453906)

Thanks for all your comments guys, you know I love you all. Unfortunately I don't have much choice in meds. It's either steroids or packed RBC blood transfusions which have their own set of problems. So I have to leave it up to the experts to decide which treatment is the best. If I can have the transfusions then I may yet get to do the high jump Daddy as I usually feel I could fight world war 3 single handed with one had tied behind my back after I get a few bags of the red stuff. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35453692)
Oh! and the matching handbags! It's compulsory. :D

Well that goes without saying, but there's not many colours of bags that I 'aint got already ... so more money for shooooooooooose. Yippeeeeeee
Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35453756)
Yay - I'm now officially wearing shoes again, it's only taken nearly two years but I got there in the end.

So how do the shoes look on you, I imagine looking down and not seeing a bright coloured cast makes you want to join me in a shoe shopping expedition to celebrate your tootsies liberation. :D

MalteseFalcon 19-07-2012 13:53

Sorry to hear of everyone's illnesses on here, hope you feel better soon. I'm feeling a lot better, thank God.

However, laptop has finally given up the ghost and am having to borrow a computer for the afternoon to order a new laptop, inform various people online I am not going to be online for up to 10 days, etc.

Hope life treats everyone kind whilst I'm not online.

nashville 19-07-2012 14:32

Hope everyone has better days to come.

dilli-theclaw 25-07-2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35453945)

So how do the shoes look on you, I imagine looking down and not seeing a bright coloured cast makes you want to join me in a shoe shopping expedition to celebrate your tootsies liberation. :D

I have to wear moulded shoes so I can't shop for my own :(

Mind you at least that means I don't have to pay ;)

Despite having a good morning out with Natalie and Peter swimming again I just feel irritated with a whole load of stuff at the moment, it is fair to say that I feel that everything is really REALLY grating my carrot!!!!

joglynne 25-07-2012 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35456316)
I have to wear moulded shoes so I can't shop for my own :(

Mind you at least that means I don't have to pay ;)

Despite having a good morning out with Natalie and Peter swimming again I just feel irritated with a whole load of stuff at the moment, it is fair to say that I feel that everything is really REALLY grating my carrot!!!!

LOL dilli I know just what you mean as I seem to be having my carrot grated very regularly at the moment as well. :hugs: (Just read through what I have written and I am wondering if our Mr LM will take the opportunity to make us smile. )

I spent my childhood in adapted shoes and they were the most ugly, clunkingly heavy things you could imagine. I am sure they are the reason I now have such a 'thing' about beautiful shoes with high spindly heels.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/07/2.gif

dilli-theclaw 25-07-2012 16:01

I must admit the ones the hospital gave me aren't so bad.

Maggy 26-07-2012 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35453594)
The Territorial Army advert wanting to recruit thousands to replace the regular army they're getting rid of.

I expect we'll have one recruiting plastic coppers soon.

:bsmack:
I know one 70 year old who gave up all his spare time(and spent his own money) for 30 years serving in the TA.He had been one of the last to who did National service and was perfectly happy to continue serving his country in the TA.He spent a lot of summers training in places like Germany alongside regulars..How dare you denigrate his and others like him in their efforts.

The TA may not be a regular army BUT they are one of the best part time armies in the world. Shame on you.Shout at the government by all means but not men like my brother-in-law.:mad:

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

Anyway my real moan is that my husband is being a very demanding patient after injuring himself by falling off a ladder last Saturday. TWICE!:rolleyes:

If he thinks he'll be back at work next Tuesday with a cracked rib he has another thought coming..He can barely walk across the room without pain. :rolleyes:

Gary L 28-07-2012 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35456541)
How dare you denigrate his and others like him in their efforts.

Whatever.

Quote:

The TA may not be a regular army BUT they are one of the best part time armies in the world. Shame on you.Shout at the government by all means but not men like my brother-in-law.:mad:
You're brother in law is great. but you missed the point. again.

Quote:

Anyway my real moan is that my husband is being a very demanding patient after injuring himself by falling off a ladder last Saturday. TWICE!:rolleyes:
Wasn't you holding it properly?

LondonRoad 28-07-2012 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35456330)
LOL dilli I know just what you mean as I seem to be having my carrot grated very regularly at the moment as well. :hugs: (Just read through what I have written and I am wondering if our Mr LM will take the opportunity to make us smile. )

I spent my childhood in adapted shoes and they were the most ugly, clunkingly heavy things you could imagine. I am sure they are the reason I now have such a 'thing' about beautiful shoes with high spindly heels.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/07/2.gif

There should be a sweepstake on whether MLM could make more of you regularly grating your carrot or your 'thing' about high spindly heels.....or both ;)

Anyhow... sorry to hear of you and Dilli's woes. You both cope remarkably well and put people like me, whinging about heartburn, to shame. :group:

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35457391)

Wasn't you holding it properly?

She was shaking them vigorously to ensure she had a good grip :D

MalteseFalcon 28-07-2012 23:11

My moan today is the apparent bullying certain members seem to dish out to other members on this Forum. Surely we can all get along here? If these people persist in making spiteful and horrible comments to others then I think I shall get my account deleted here. There is no need for bullying other people, and I think that those doing it should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Peter_ 28-07-2012 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35457437)
My moan today is the apparent bullying certain members seem to dish out to other members on this Forum. Surely we can all get along here? If these people persist in making spiteful and horrible comments to others then I think I shall get my account deleted here. There is no need for bullying other people, and I think that those doing it should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

You do know that you can use the report function on all posts and the team will check out any such post.:)