Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates Part 7 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684310)

Russ 02-01-2012 18:44

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Part 7 - all yours guys, moan and whinge away :)

MadGamer 02-01-2012 18:46

Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

I want to moan, just because I can moan ;)

Sasha222 02-01-2012 18:49

My moan is that you got there before me. I wanted to moan first on the new thread :D:D:D

Hom3r 02-01-2012 19:16

Back to work tomorrow, up at 6:30am :(,

No more going to bed at 3:30am :D

djfunkdup 02-01-2012 19:33

Ban smoking.... i don't know about the city that you stay in,but i am sick to the back teeth off smelly people and their filthy habit.. :erm: :erm: :erm:

walking through the city center and seeing their mess everywhere..bins on fire..fagg ends just stubbed out anywhere that was handy for the mingers to do it.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

people see if you are a smoker..i have news for you.you smell and smell terrible.not just when you are smoking but smell all the time..and not just up close.you smell from a distance,and people esp women that try and cover up the smell with perfume.!!! IT MAKES IT WORSE.!! perfume and smoke = eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww. :shocked:

apart from the fact that you are killing yourself.please have respect for people that are NOT addicted to nicotine and take your filthy habit and smell away from populated areas.

deep breath :p: :p:

joglynne 03-01-2012 16:24

I have lost all my books. For some reason Calibre didn't get copied when I was backing up my old hard drive. I have only noticed to-day, all the rest of the stuff off my old hard drive backed up OK and is working. Even the garbage was recovered.

I may cry when I am done screaming. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/06/4.gif

Sasha222 03-01-2012 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35354090)
I have lost all my books. For some reason Calibre didn't get copied when I was backing up my old hard drive. I have only noticed to-day, all the rest of the stuff off my old hard drive backed up OK and is working. Even the garbage was recovered.

I may cry when I am done screaming. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/06/4.gif

Has your head got to this stage yet https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/32.gif :hugs::hugs:

joglynne 03-01-2012 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasha222 (Post 35354123)
Has your head got to this stage yet https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/32.gif :hugs::hugs:

Very nearly got to that stage. Pete reckons that my books are on my old drive and he has promised to work his magic and get them back for me and he will also put them on a disc so that they will be a lot safer in future. He is the best son ever. :)

Sasha222 03-01-2012 18:42

So your now :D:D:D:D. Good to have a tanturm now and again. Clears the cobwebs and yes he is a fantastic son. ;)

Gary L 04-01-2012 00:05

Facebook. I really detest everything Facebook. the whole site is a complete maze.

I hate everything facebook. I think you have to be a complete dork to use Facebook.

I really can't stand Facebook. why do people think Facebook is so fantastic.

be normal and resist the brainwashing by the disease named Facebook.

Facebook is evil. this is the sign of the devil.

http://www.stolaf.edu/services/hr/facebook_logo.png

Every piece of literature has this on it.

http://twistedoaksgc.com/golf/proto/...ebook_logo.png

Everyone is mad. you just do it because everyone else does it.

stop telling me to check you out on facebook. you're ill.

even the logos aren't consistent. they're too busy distributing the evil that they don't realise it.

Stuart 04-01-2012 00:23

Commuters..

Tried to get on a train this evening. A task rendered impossible by the fact that London commuters are terrified of venturing further than one metre from the door unless they get a seat. It's rather frustrating to see acres of the space within the carriage, yet be unable to get to it as the mass of people by the door is preventing anyone getting on the train. A mass of people who mysteriously go deaf when asked to move into the space.

Gary L 04-01-2012 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35354287)
A mass of people who mysteriously go deaf when asked to move into the space.

People don't respond to suggestions. they need to be told.
next time tell them, and ignore the British tutting. it's an involuntary trait.

Halcyon 04-01-2012 09:41

I can't sleep properly and just can't get to sleep. It's doing my head in and whenever I need to sleep I have too much on my mind.
If anyone can reccomend something to help you sleep, please do.

peanut 04-01-2012 10:01

There are a few basics you can do / try to help promote sleep, some are.

1, No alcohol at night, cut down on caffeine, that's tea and coffee, try not to smoke, and try not to playing computer games or get into anything too taxing on the computer, like chat/forums where you can get pent up or anything that gets your brain too active. So try wind down as early as possible.
2, Have a hot milky drink
3, Try not fight it, if you're wide awake, don't stay in bed. Get up or read, till you start yawning or feel tired enough to sleep.
4, Try to get a routine, go to bed at the same time each night if possible and get up at the same time.
5, If it starts to get prolonged, see your GP, they can recommend something to get you back into a routine, a course of Zopiclone or something to help you relax or sleep.
6, Try to find the cause of not being able to sleep, it might be something to do with anxiety or some other problem that you need to sort out, seek help if possible if you can't solve the problem yourself.
7, Try not to sleep during the day, no matter how tired you feel.
8, Try to get regular exercise during the day.
9, A hot bath close to bed time, can de-stress. (Not a shower).

Good luck. :)

Halcyon 04-01-2012 10:14

Thanks Peanut.

I have a herbal tea in the evening but it is more once I'm in bed that I start thinking about things. I have a lot on my mind at the moment and trying to work things out and sometimes you just want to sleep and forget things but then its as if your mind goes crazy and gets worked up. I dont want to go in to all the details but it does get me worried.
I'm going to go and see my GP again.

TheDaddy 04-01-2012 10:32

Good idea Halcyon, I'm not sleeping well myself at the mo and am going to have to see my gp soon if things don't improve, funny thing is I looked better when I was getting 2 hours sleep at work than I do getting 4 hours at home in my bed! Been going on for over 3 weeks now, trouble is my routine got broken and I dont know why, nothings troubling me more now than it was a month ago :shrug:

Gary L 04-01-2012 10:46

You need to do something to zap your energy. something that will make you short of breath.

pressups or something?

Sasha222 04-01-2012 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35354356)
Good idea Halcyon, I'm not sleeping well myself at the mo and am going to have to see my gp soon if things don't improve, funny thing is I looked better when I was getting 2 hours sleep at work than I do getting 4 hours at home in my bed! Been going on for over 3 weeks now, trouble is my routine got broken and I dont know why, nothings troubling me more now than it was a month ago :shrug:

You could also try this http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...dO9R_A&cad=rja and see if it works out for you

Peter_ 04-01-2012 11:31

Had a bad cold since New Years Eve which has now turned into bronchitis so have some lovely tasting ammonia and ipecacuanha mixture bp which tastes similar to the smell from a well used cat litter.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/31.gif

I am off work for a few days so it has its benefits.

Sasha222 04-01-2012 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35354378)
Had a bad cold since New Years Eve which has now turned into bronchitis so have some lovely tasting ammonia and ipecacuanha mixture bp which tastes similar to the smell from a well used cat litter.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/31.gif

Hope you https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...012/01/115.jpg

denphone 04-01-2012 13:45

Quote:

Had a bad cold since New Years Eve which has now turned into bronchitis so have some lovely tasting ammonia and ipecacuanha mixture bp which tastes similar to the smell from a well used cat litter.http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon...icons04255.gif

l hope you get better soon Masque.

Peter_ 04-01-2012 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35354454)
l hope you get better soon Masque.

Thanks at least I am not having to speak to anyone.

Caff 04-01-2012 14:59

So sad - have lost another great, but very private, friend - the second in 3 months. He'll have a paupers' funeral I've been told. I haven't a clue what that means. I also suspect that not many people will be attending.

This isn't a moan - just a sadness.

denphone 04-01-2012 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35354499)
So sad - have lost another great, but very private, friend - the second in 3 months. He'll have a paupers' funeral I've been told. I haven't a clue what that means. I also suspect that not many people will be attending.

A pauper's funeral or pauper's burial is a funeral ceremony paid for by local governmental or religious authorities, typically because the deceased's estate is not enough to cover the costs, or because the cadaver has remained unidentified for an extended period of time. There has traditionally been a significant social stigma attached to receiving pauper's funeral, for a variety of reasons.

Very sorry to hear about your friend Caff and my thoughts are with you.

Caff 04-01-2012 15:16

Thank you for that.
I'll do what I can.

Halcyon 04-01-2012 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35354499)

Sorry to hear that Caff. My thoughts are with you and I hope you are Ok.

Quote:

Had a bad cold since New Years Eve which has now turned into bronchitis

Get well soon. :)

Caff 05-01-2012 01:12

h
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35354342)
I can't sleep properly and just can't get to sleep. It's doing my head in and whenever I need to sleep I have too much on my mind.
If anyone can reccomend something to help you sleep, please do.

I'm not one for soothing music or warm baths with scented candles - but because of a very bad back last year I stuck a pillow tight behind me... it still works and I'm off to do that now. A pair of hunky arms would be better:D
Give it a try...

dilli-theclaw 06-01-2012 12:59

So after thirteen months of healing my foot - it is apparently re-broken. I am back to square one and back in a cast.

I am mildly irritated right now.

joglynne 06-01-2012 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35355894)
So after thirteen months of healing my foot - it is apparently re-broken. I am back to square one and back in a cast.

:hugs: Oh poor you what rotten luck.

Is there any way that you can do, or wear, something to stop these breaks happening dilli?

dilli-theclaw 06-01-2012 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35355901)
:hugs: Oh poor you what rotten luck.

Is there any way that you can do, or wear, something to stop these breaks happening dilli?

Short of cutting it off there is not a lot they can do.

denphone 06-01-2012 13:15

Quote:

l am really sorry to hear of your bad luck dilli and l hope you will mend quickly.

Sasha222 06-01-2012 17:52

Quote:

Really sorry to hear that dili and you have every right to be irritated as well. Hopefully you wont be in the cast as long as the last time :hugs::hugs:

Halcyon 06-01-2012 18:03

Hope this time things start to get better for you Dilli.
Wishing you all the best.

Maggy 07-01-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35355910)
Short of cutting it off there is not a lot they can do.

Damn! I suppose you are in danger of losing your guide dog now..:(

Anyway my moan is about how crap TV is at the moment..I'm wondering why I have XL TV when 95% of it is total crap or endless repeats and plus+1 channels.:(

dilli-theclaw 07-01-2012 18:16

No guide dog 'till I can walk it for at least an hour a day which is fair enough. I am however still on the list for when my mobility gets sorted.

Halcyon 07-01-2012 18:31

Well today is crap so better start the JD flowing.
I'm never trusting anyone ever again. Why does life deal so many crap moments.

Maggy 07-01-2012 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35356787)
No guide dog 'till I can walk it for at least an hour a day which is fair enough. I am however still on the list for when my mobility gets sorted.

Fingers crossed then..

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35356798)

Can drink ever make anything better? :erm: Personally I think instead of talking to the bottle you might get more comfort from sharing with a friend.;)

Peter_ 08-01-2012 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 35356798)

Just concentrate on your model plane as that is a quite pleasant distraction.:)

Turkey Machine 10-01-2012 00:12

I had to leave my woman in the US because we don't have enough money (yet) for a visa for her to stay with me. We both cried when I had to fly back Saturday to be at work Monday morning. :(

Sasha222 10-01-2012 00:28

Really sorry to hear that but hopefully it wont be long before ye can get the money together so ye can be with one another :(:dozey::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thenry 10-01-2012 18:33

my uncle with cancer pasted away during the early hours 3:30am, he was buried this afternoon. he was up against it so it hasn't hit me hard but still, looking into dying eyes then burying them is a real wake up call.

Kiwiibean 10-01-2012 18:33

Being too lazy to go and wash my hands, using hand gel instead and then touching my lips or food :( That stuff tastes damn nasty ... they even have edible lip balm now, get on it!

joglynne 10-01-2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35358764)
my uncle with cancer pasted away during the early hours 3:30am, he was buried this afternoon. he was up against it so it hasn't hit me hard but still, looking into dying eyes then burying them is a real wake up call.

Sorry to hear your bad news thenry. I know it was expected but that doesn't lessen the feelings that come with loosing a loved one. :hugs:

Halcyon 10-01-2012 22:42

Sorry to hear that thenry.
It is never easy losing someone you care about. I hope you are ok.

Maggy 10-01-2012 22:51

Not looking forward to the funeral of my last uncle at the end of the month.I'm sick of funerals and I would have liked to start the year on a far less sad note.:(

Kiwiibean 10-01-2012 23:16

Quote:

I'm really sorry, not only for your loss but for not looking before I posted. Looking back it was rather insensitive. Hope you're okay

denphone 11-01-2012 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35359021)
Not looking forward to the funeral of my last uncle at the end of the month.I'm sick of funerals and I would have liked to start the year on a far less sad note.:(

Sorry to hear about your sad news with your Uncle and l as you was hoping for a better year but so far one member of the family has broken a arm and rib and now l have received another letter from the DWP in which they have cut my DLA and as things happen in three's l am just waiting for something else to happen as well.

thenry 11-01-2012 13:54

thanks guys and girls. not a problem Kiwiibean. my condolences Maggy

nashville 11-01-2012 14:27

I am going to moan today or I will scream. I have a woman moved in above me with 3 children roughly age 2 4 & 7 . Certainly she said if they are making a noise to let her know. We said the only thing was the running up & down. They were ok for about 3 weeks, Now it is constanly running, toys getting rolled up & down the floor. Her sister came last week 2 days in a row with 3 children all under 5. It was like a nursery. I feel I will have to move house But why should we when we were happy here for 24 years. She is probable living rent free & getting everything that is going. The partner is not suppose to be there, but he is & goes to work every day. You can all scream along with me if you like.

nashville 11-01-2012 15:28

Quote:

So Sorry for your loss. It is a blessing where you will get your strenth from at a sad time.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35359072)
Sorry to hear about your sad news with your Uncle and l as you was hoping for a better year but so far one member of the family has broken a arm and rib and now l have received another letter from the DWP in which they have cut my DLA and as things happen in three's l am just waiting for something else to happen as well.

Sorry to hear about your DLA. Some people are losing it all together & really need it. It is the wrong people they target.

denphone 11-01-2012 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35359402)
So Sorry for your loss. It is a blessing where you will get your strenth from at a sad time.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Sorry to hear about your DLA. Some people are losing it all together & really need it. It is the wrong people they target.

Yes they made one decision in Early December and now have examined it again and changed the decision and to say l am shocked is a understatememt and now l will have to go through the long winded appeals process in order to overturn their new decision.

nashville 11-01-2012 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35359415)
Yes they made one decision in Early December and now have examined it again and changed the decision and to say l am shocked is a understatememt and now l will have to go through the long winded appeals process in order to overturn their new decision.

This is a worry & the waiting is a strain. Hope it works out ok next time.

denphone 11-01-2012 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35359432)
This is a worry & the waiting is a strain. Hope it works out ok next time.

It staggers me as l have had a serious heart condition which will highly likely require a heart transplant as my heart function is only 25% and they are saying l can walk further then 50 yards which even on a good day l would struggle to do and they have based their decision apparently on a treadmill done 6 months ago and advice from the DWP puppets Medical Services and this is the last thing l need on top of my mums re-admittance to hospital but l will not get down about these things because l have always been a positive person who has to make the most of my life because l don't know whats going to happen tomorrow with regards to my heart and my mum.

nashville 11-01-2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35359439)
It staggers me as l have had a serious heart condition which will highly likely require a heart transplant as my heart function is only 25% and they are saying l can walk further then 50 yards which even on a good day l would struggle to do and they have based their decision apparently on a treadmill done 6 months ago and advice from the DWP puppets Medical Services and this is the last thing l need on top of my mums re-admittance to hospital but l will not get down about these things because l have always been a positive person who has to make the most of my life because l don't know whats going to happen tomorrow with regards to my heart and my mum.

Sorry to hear about your Mum too. You can only keep positive,

dilli-theclaw 11-01-2012 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35359439)

I hope you get sorted out with them.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Quote:

Indeed :( thinking of you.

Maggy 12-01-2012 10:42

Really irritated by the fact that there is no sound from the Leveson Inquiry..Turn it on BBC PLEASE.:mad:

denphone 12-01-2012 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35360063)
Really irritated by the fact that there is no sound from the Leveson Inquiry..Turn it on BBC PLEASE.:mad:

They seem to have these sound problems quite a lot lately Maggy and on the BBC HD there were sound problems intermittently last night and it is very irritating especially when you are looking forward to something.

Sasha222 12-01-2012 11:14

Quote:

So sorry for your loss. Hope your okthenry:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Maggy 12-01-2012 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35360080)
They seem to have these sound problems quite a lot lately Maggy and on the BBC HD there were sound problems intermittently last night and it is very irritating especially when you are looking forward to something.

This was on the BBC democracy live website.After I posted the picture went as well.:(

denphone 12-01-2012 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35360254)
This was on the BBC democracy live website.After I posted the picture went as well.:(

One wonders sometimes with these BBC cuts whether they are cutting corners here and there with regards to certain things.

Tinky 14-01-2012 20:19

My belated condolences to all those who lost friends and relatives over the festive period. We too lost a very dear friend who suddenly passed away 4 days before we went on holiday unfortunately we were not here to attend his funeral.

........and for my next moan which pales into insignificance, when we arrived back, our boiler which had just been fixed the day before we left, went on the blink again so no hot water or HEATING brrrrrrrrrrr!

denphone 14-01-2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35362281)
My belated condolences to all those who lost friends and relatives over the festive period. We too lost a very dear friend who suddenly passed away 4 days before we went on holiday unfortunately we were not here to attend his funeral.

........and for my next moan which pales into insignificance, when we arrived back, our boiler which had just been fixed the day before we left, went on the blink again so no hot water or HEATING brrrrrrrrrrr!

l am sorry to hear that sad news Tinky about your dear friend and my thoughts are with you.

l am also sorry to hear about your boiler as there is nothing worse then having no hot water.

thenry 14-01-2012 20:57

+1 denny. my condolences Tinky

Tinky 14-01-2012 21:10

Thank you Den and thenry, we were so cold we went to bed with more clothes on than we wore the entire time we were away lol! :D

TheDaddy 15-01-2012 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35362287)
l am sorry to hear that sad news Tinky about your dear friend and my thoughts are with you.

Yes me to, sad news Tink

Tinky 15-01-2012 17:59

In loving memory of our dear Mum passed away (unexpectedly) this day 1993, always in our thoughts. xxxxxxx :(

denphone 15-01-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35362794)
In loving memory of our dear Mum passed away (unexpectedly) this day 1993, always in our thoughts. xxxxxxx :(

Yes mums are very special and my thoughts are with you Tinky on this sad day for you.

Tinky 15-01-2012 18:07

Thank you Den, so many things left unsaid, if only I could have just one more day to tell her just how much I loved her. :(:(:(

denphone 15-01-2012 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35362800)
Thank you Den, so many things left unsaid, if only I could have just one more day to tell her just how much I loved her. :(:(:(

l know and if only we could turn the clock back to do these things.

Tinky 15-01-2012 18:48

You have hit the nail on the head Den, we must tell our loved ones how much they mean to us in the living years.

denphone 15-01-2012 18:51

Yes l fell out 12 years ago with some members of the family and when l became seriously ill l realised that l must make things up with them no matter what.

nashville 16-01-2012 11:45

You are correct We just stubborn at times to give in.

dilli-theclaw 18-01-2012 14:26

Supposed to be in hospital at the diabetic kidney problem clinic today.....

But once again the transport is a no show.

I m due in tomorrow so I believe I will have to go nuts at them as this is the fourth time this year already.

Oh and I'm bleeding profusely in my right eye again.

Still looking on the bright side at least I can go have a kip now I guess.

joglynne 18-01-2012 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35364873)
Supposed to be in hospital at the diabetic kidney problem clinic today.....

But once again the transport is a no show.

I m due in tomorrow so I believe I will have to go nuts at them as this is the fourth time this year already.

Oh and I'm bleeding profusely in my right eye again.

Still looking on the bright side at least I can go have a kip now I guess.

Not a lot I can do to help but consider yourself hugged.

dilli-theclaw 18-01-2012 15:10

Thank you :) I'm getting used to it now.

TheDaddy 18-01-2012 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35364873)

Still looking on the bright side

I'd use the other eye for that, can't believe people are forced to rely on such a sub standard service for something so vital :(

Halcyon 18-01-2012 20:33

Sorry to hear that Dilli. Hope things get better for you and they show up next time.

Hom3r 19-01-2012 21:49

Today has been a bitch of a day.

Last Wednesday a guy in one of the departments collapsed at home, not feeling well, on Saturday his wife made him go to see a Dr, on Sunday he was placed in a induced coma, yesturday he died :(, some of his friends were in tears, I had only briefly spoken to him in my time here.

Plus the guy I'm temping for has been spending one day a week in a hospis, in preperation for going in there for the final time, and my boss is going to see him to sort out music for his funeral. :(

All in all a crap day and days to come.

thenry 19-01-2012 21:59

my condolences Hom3r

CycoSymz 20-01-2012 06:23

Redundancies announced at work - 4 out of 8 to go and I'm on the list :(

denphone 20-01-2012 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35365859)

Last Wednesday a guy in one of the departments collapsed at home, not feeling well, on Saturday his wife made him go to see a Dr, on Sunday he was placed in a induced coma, yesturday he died :(, some of his friends were in tears, I had only briefly spoken to him in my time here.

Plus the guy I'm temping for has been spending one day a week in a hospis, in preperation for going in there for the final time, and my boss is going to see him to sort out music for his funeral. :(

l am sorry to hear of your terrible day and my thoughts are with you at this sad time for you.

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by CycoSymz (Post 35365948)

l am sorry to hear of your bad news and hope things will improve for you in the near future.

Tinky 20-01-2012 07:49

Hom3r and CycoSymz :sorry::hugs:

I was hoping 2012 was going to be a better year than last: the boiler on the blink last week was bad enough, but now I'm told my big Sis has been re-admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties and other problems. She just recently got home after recovering from a twisted bowel.:(

Hom3r 20-01-2012 08:37

Quote:

I've been through 4 redundancues and only survived 1.

My advice from experience, do NOT let it worry you, if your goining your going theres SFA you can do so why make yourself ill.

Just carry on, yes prepare for the worst, watch what you spend on things that you may not need to spend out on.

Not a plesent time and it can make you feel worthless, but you are not.

My mentality was "If they get rid of you the stuff them, its there loss".

TheDaddy 20-01-2012 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35365872)
my condolences Hom3r

Yep mine to.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, hope it turns out ok

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35365960)

I was hoping 2012 was going to be a better year than last: the boiler on the blink last week was bad enough, but now I'm told my big Sis has been re-admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties and other problems. She just recently got home after recovering from a twisted bowel.:(

Hope she's alright Tink

dilli-theclaw 20-01-2012 10:17

Quote:

I hope she gets better soon.

My moan - well I finally got into hospital with my foot yesterday it is back in a (pink) cast as I've not only broken it in the same place but the charcot foot has resurfaced.

But what really grates my carrot is that while I was there I had a moan about transport not showing up the last four times and it transpires that they have taken me off the list for those four clinics.

As these included kidney, cholesterol and diabetic stuff I was not best pleased.

Anyway I have spoken to the manager of the clinics concerned while I was there and have now been put back on all the relevent sections.

I was told it was all due to a new receptionist 'forgetting' to book the transport.

All in all not a major thing to moan about I guess - but it's not doing my 'moan less this year' philosophy very good :)

thenry 20-01-2012 10:51

Quote:

best wishes to your sis

Quote:

stay upbeat like Hom3r said

denphone 20-01-2012 10:58

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your sister Tinky and l hope her health will improve soon and it seems we were all hoping for a good start to the year and then suddenly 2 or 3 things happen or go wrong all at the same time..

CycoSymz 20-01-2012 11:45

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, :( I hope she gets well soon.

joglynne 20-01-2012 13:42

I was coming on to have a moan but everyone elses posts have put my problem into perspective. So,
Quote:

:hugs: Your post really brings home the fact that none of us are immortal and to make use of every precious day. Sad times for everyone concerned.

Quote:

Sorry to hear your news. The long drawn out procedures make it even worse. :hugs:

Quote:

Oh Tinky I am so sorry. :hugs: It doesn't seem fair that your sister has had to back to hospital again. I hope you get good news from her very soon

Tinky 20-01-2012 19:05

Thank you all for your kind thoughts about my sister. :luv:

Mr Tink received a letter from our Doctor's surgery to say that the Doctor forgot to record his last blood pressure result. He phoned up and made another appointment for this morning, when he turned up they had no record of his appointment! :rolleyes:

TheDaddy 20-01-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35366357)
Thank you all for your kind thoughts about my sister. :luv:

Mr Tink received a letter from our Doctor's surgery to say that the Doctor forgot to record his last blood pressure result. He phoned up and made another appointment for this morning, when he turned up they had no record of his appointment! :rolleyes:

Fills you with confidence for when some things really wrong...

Turkey Machine 21-01-2012 17:47

Quote:

Really gutted to hear that. Have hugs. :ghugs:

This was a moan of mine this morning, then turned into a pet hate as the day went on. Resellers who put us into overdrive on a Saturday morning with an urgent problem that is actually nothing to do with us. Boss calls this morning at 10am waking me and t'wife from the much improved sleep we both needed: "do you get support emails on your phone? There's one just come in, can you have a poke around to see if that's to do with us or not please?" Did so, 2 hours later the reseller had determined it's actually nothing to do with us and apologised for wasting our time.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gary L 22-01-2012 10:34

'Vanish' kills the flu virus. so if you or anyone you know has the flu virus. go and get yourself some 'Vanish' and it will kill it :rolleyes:

denphone 22-01-2012 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35367100)
'Vanish' kills the flu virus. so if you or anyone you know has the flu virus. go and get yourself some 'Vanish' and it will kill it :rolleyes:

Another advert full of absolute bull in my mind Gary.:(

Gary L 22-01-2012 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35367104)
Another advert full of absolute bull in my mind Gary.:(

I know. no doubt Persil will come out soon with their yet again "New and improved" and hopefully it will help slow down the ageing process.

denphone 22-01-2012 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35367113)
I know. no doubt Persil will come out soon with their yet again "New and improved" and hopefully it will help slow down the ageing process.

Yes we must have heard this "New and improved" every year since l was 5 years old and l don't see any improvement in my whites.:)

Gary L 22-01-2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35367117)
Yes we must have heard this "New and improved" every year since l was 5 years old and l don't see any improvement in my whites.:)

Oh, I have. I've noticed dirt and mud doesn't stick to them as much as those I wash in another leading brand of washing powder does.

it seems to just slide off :)

Caff 22-01-2012 15:11

No hard wiring and just a dongle. Even the name sounds silly :D but apt.

Tinky 22-01-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35367286)
No hard wiring and just a dongle. Even the name sounds silly :D but apt.

:erm: eh? What's that all about Caff?

Caff 22-01-2012 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35367423)
:erm: eh? What's that all about Caff?

Rented accommodation. No hard connection - just me an' me dongle. I'm sure we'll get on fine, eventually :erm: :D