Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : YouTube problems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703194)

krismestry 27-06-2016 22:04

YouTube problems

My sister had a Tivo box installed a few month's ago.The only fault with it is You Tube.When a video starts to play it stutters for several seconds,freezing unfreezing.After that the video plays alright but every so often will freeze for a split second.Other times a video is about to play then it freezes and the word Loading comes up but it does not load.Trying to load other videos results in the same thing happening.You then solve the problem by going back to normal tv then back to You Tube.I have no problems on my Tivo box with You Tube.

spiderplant 27-06-2016 23:11

Re: TIVO- You Tube problems

Does it do this at any time of day, or does it work OK outside peak usage hours? Usually these type of problems are caused by network congestion in the area, and will be worst in the evenings.

krismestry 27-06-2016 23:23

Any time of day.

andrewlutonuk 28-06-2016 10:12

Mine does the same

The stuttering normally happens at the begining of a video on my tivo

as Spiderplant says evening are the worst

spiderplant 28-06-2016 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by krismestry (Post 35846464)
Any time of day.

Then she should give the VM faults team a call.

Mad Max 28-06-2016 22:27

I watch you tube for music via an app on my smart tv, it so much better than via TiVo

heero_yuy 29-06-2016 11:10

We also use the app on the smart TV for youtube content. Fast runup and stutter free at any time of day.

raylove 20-03-2017 18:49

I have also had problems with YouTube stuttering over the last two weeks. Before that it was fine and it happens at any time of the day. I watch Winter Sports via You Tube and I have taken to watching on a phone and connecting to the TV via a wire as the stuttering drives me mad.
The App has always been slow to load and usually starts off at a very poor resolution - this normally catches up and resets after about a minute.
Finally, all Winter I have been unable to rewind on You Tube. I can fast forward, pause etc.. but if I hit the rewind button it kicks me out and sends me off to a screen that I have never seen before. Rewind works fine for normal recordings and live TV - just YouTube causes a problem. If I kick myself out a substantial way into a video, it takes ages to relocate the point I was up to - another reason to watch on the phone connected to the TV ! It's a pain though - would be much better if the App worked. I have a problem of some description for 5 years and every time it's fixed another comes along soon afterwards.

OLD BOY 20-03-2017 19:31

In my experience, the apps on the old Tivo don't work very well at all (apart from Netflix, which takes at least a full minute to load).

The V6 is what you really need if you use the apps a lot and if you want to avoid a generally sluggish response to every button press.

krismestry 20-03-2017 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35846554)
Then she should give the VM faults team a call.

She did and Virgin replaced the Tivo box but in the last week videos playing on You Tube freeze every 15 seconds for one second.This becomes very annoying.
I have now noticed this is happening on my Tivo box.
So is fault to do with Virgin or You Tube?

Mr K 20-03-2017 21:41

The fault is with VM. Even if its network congestion, its a fault and should be reported. Don't accept crap from VM and pay for it. The V6 isn't a solution unless they are providing it for free.

krismestry 10-04-2017 23:05

Re: YouTube problems

The You Tube faults are very annoying.Freezing for a second every ten seconds makes it just impossible to watch.Have Virgin found out what is causing it?Are they able to fix this problem and if so when?

REM 07-05-2017 13:16

I am getting the same. I thought it was because of was starting it video through my phone but even playing just using the Tivo it's the same.

Every 9 seconds it will pause for half a second then continue. It seems to get worse over a 30 minute video then eventually I get the Loading text up. I have to pause it, go back 10 or 20 seconds then press play and it will usually carry on then albeit with the 9 second hiccups still.

Taf 07-05-2017 19:02

BBC iPlayer was doing it on Friday.

spiderplant 07-05-2017 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by krismestry (Post 35894090)
The You Tube faults are very annoying.Freezing for a second every ten seconds makes it just impossible to watch.Have Virgin found out what is causing it?Are they able to fix this problem and if so when?

The fault is at Google's end. They don't have a forecast for when it'll be fixed.